The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

12 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

No, reality is 324 in hospital and 90 in ICU. To put that in hockey terms for you, that's 14 NHL teams entire 23 man roster currently laying in a hospital bed because of covid, in our province alone.

So 0.006% of the population is in the hospital, the sky is falling. Most of them because of Delta as well.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • RoughGame 2

2 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

So I gather you are saying Merck is better off selling as little as possible while they try to develop something new? That’s a bold strategy for a publicly traded company.

I heard somewhere Ivermectin can be purchased in bulk for 1 cent per dose. No money in that.

• Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

No, reality is 324 in hospital and 90 in ICU. To put that in hockey terms for you, that's 14 NHL teams entire 23 man roster currently laying in a hospital bed because of covid, in our province alone.

Or 0.00001% of the BC population. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Sad 1
  • RoughGame 2

So I gather you are saying Merck is better off selling as little as possible while they try to develop something new? That’s a bold strategy for a publicly traded company.

They have no interest in jumping through timely hoops proving it's efficacy so TEVA can make money selling it for pennies a pill. They're better off being in on the race for expensive new drugs they have sole rights to.

9 minutes ago, AbbyNux said:

Nice play on semantics.  

It’s not semantics. It’s your own contradiction. 

You don’t even know what semantics actually means ffs. :picard:

Stop posting in this thread. Let the adults talk. 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

Just now, AbbyNux said:

It was rumoured they were combining Hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin but a European manufacturer beat them to it so now the recipe has changed. They will make so much money packaging those together at a fraction of what they cost to make. 

Even if that’s so it’s regular old Ivermectin that @Gatzkek is arguing for. Seems like common sense that Merck or your other 3 manufacturers would be trying to move as much product as possible in the meantime.

@karvalegov If Ivermectin could be purchased for .01 per dose no publicly traded company would manufacture it. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

But our hospitals and ICUa aren't being overwhelmed or anything by that percentage. How &^@#ing ignorant.

It's math, sorry you hate math. Someone else did a hockey team reference, I put in the relevant BC population. 

• Wat 1
  • RoughGame 2

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

It’s not semantics. It’s your own contradiction. 

You don’t even know what semantics actually means ffs. :picard:

Stop posting in this thread. Let the adults talk. 

Are you the gate keeper here? Do you get to pick and choose who can post in here? 

• RoughGame 1

Even if that’s so it’s regular old Ivermectin that @Gatzkek is arguing for. Seems like common sense that Merck or your other 3 manufacturers would be trying to move as much product as possible in the meantime.

@karvalegov If Ivermectin could be purchased for .01 per dose no publicly traded company would manufacture it. 

It can be made by anyone. The one I showed had only the 4 US makers, there are many more in many countries. 

I think they will provide it as therapeutics in a pill format. 

• RoughGame 1

7 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

A kid died in Calgary this week from COVID. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/8487683/alberta-health-covid-19-omicron-tuesday-january-4-2022/

2 more this week in Toronto 

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/two-ontario-children-under-10-died-with-covid-19-in-past-two-weeks-1.5730526

One was 4 years old. That’s &^@#ing breaking my heart. If it doesn’t break yours, then you don’t have one. 

Dying of covid and dying with covid is now being separated. I wonder if that was done in these cases. 

• Wat 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, AbbyNux said:

Are you the gate keeper here? Do you get to pick and choose who can post in here? 

I will always be the gatekeeper to people’s bull $&!#. 

You are spouting enough crap to fertilize half of the Fraser Valley. 

Just stop your nonsensical posts. You’re bringing down the quality of this thread and this site with your idiocy. 

Be a grown up and shut the &^@# up when other people are telling you to. 

You’re out of your depth. Be quiet, listen, read and then give an opinion. Because right now your posts are useless. Take a hint. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3
  • Wat 1
  • RoughGame 1

12 minutes ago, Kurgom said:

So 0.006% of the population is in the hospital, the sky is falling. Most of them because of Delta as well.

What does that have to do with anything? You said no one. You were completely and entirely wrong. Doesn't matter that you lack empathy or compassion for the over 300 in hospital beds. That has nothing to do with the fact you made a statement that was a lie and completely wrong. I'm calling you out on that.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

I will always be the gatekeeper to people’s bull $&!#. 

You are spouting enough crap to fertilize half of the Fraser Valley. 

Just stop your nonsensical posts. You’re bringing down the quality of this thread and this site with your idiocy. 

Be a grown up and shut the &^@# up when other people are telling you to. 

You’re out of your depth. Be quiet, listen, read and then give an opinion. Because right now your posts are useless. Take a hint. 

You are the last person I will listen to here.

Mute me and I will mute you. Easy. 

• Wat 1
  • RoughGame 1

3 minutes ago, AbbyNux said:

You are the last person I will listen to here.

Mute me and I will mute you. Easy. 

Forget about being a mute, your idiotic posts makes me wish I was blind, and then had no fingers so I would be Braille prevented from touching your idiocy with my fingers. That’s how &^@#ing stupid your $&!# is to me. 

• Cheers 4