The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

( Proposal) Trade for anyone that will throw a body check!!!

I love the title of this thread. So frustrating to watch this team with bascially no pushback whatsoever. Most of our forwards do fly bys when they could easily finish a check. I get puck pursuit is important but so is instilling a little fear in your opposition. Captain Bo needs to lead by example and actually throw his weight around. We are softer than butter and it is laughable how this has been the culture of the canucks since like 2006. Not saying we need to be goons, just play physical, finish checks when they are there and go to a teammates aid when there is a scrum. The fact no one got in Lucic's face last night after that "hit" in the numbers and Baily was clearly in some pain is just so...Canuck identity.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, KirkSave said:

I love the title of this thread. So frustrating to watch this team with bascially no pushback whatsoever. Most of our forwards do fly bys when they could easily finish a check. I get puck pursuit is important but so is instilling a little fear in your opposition. Captain Bo needs to lead by example and actually throw his weight around. We are softer than butter and it is laughable how this has been the culture of the canucks since like 2006. Not saying we need to be goons, just play physical, finish checks when they are there and go to a teammates aid when there is a scrum. The fact no one got in Lucic's face last night after that "hit" in the numbers and Baily was clearly in some pain is just so...Canuck identity.

Thank you Thank you Thank you, someone who is seeing what Ive been watching for so long!!!!!!

5 hours ago, Dr.BRR said:

I 100% agree with this. I remember stats from when Lucic played in Edmonton, there was less man games lost to their stars.  Milan scares people, everyone stands a foot taller when he plays. People are less likely to take liberties. If you remember Bieksa last year when Sam Bennett was out throwing like 7 hits a game. It was when he joined Lucic's line, and bieksa even said' how big do you think Sam Bennett feels right now'. 

even last night, we were playing the body and making hits and getting scrappy. Then during a faceoff, Lucic took off a glove and pointed to his head and addressed Rooster saying use your head and it all stopped.  Macewen was also playing the body hard on the first period, and then Milan talked to Mac and I bet he said something along the lines of' keep it up and you deal with me', and it stopped. 

We need a slight fear factor, which we tried to address in Ferland. Just bad luck he's got a soft head.

And once again Thank you for seeing what ive been watching for far to long.

On 2/12/2021 at 10:00 AM, garthsbutcher said:

And the ability to back it up in a fight would be a bonus

Schmidt and Miller to Boston for Carlo and Debrusk.   (Note - I wouldn’t do this)

Debrusk-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Hoglander

Roussel-Sutter-Virtanen

Motte-Beagle-MacEwen

Hughes-Carlo

Edler-Myers

Juolevi-Benn

Demko

Holtby

Lemieux NYR, Cal Foote or Cernak TB, Ross Johnston NYI, Kurtis MacDermid LA, Paul/Watson OTT, Borowiecki or Trenin NSH, Greenway MIN etc etc etc

The list could go on, lots of guys that hit and would drop gloves, not all above are known fighters to me but most of them play with a bit of an edge I think...

League is past full on GOONS, but its pathetic seeing any Canuck run or injured with no push back. Bailey gets hurt and nobody even dares to look at the guy who hit him, sad ass response! But that is the Sedin way, get hit, slashed, punched and don't do anything about it...

But, a thread like this will get all the Homers who are pro us getting a PP...

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Lemieux NYR, Cal Foote or Cernak TB, Ross Johnston NYI, Kurtis MacDermid LA, Paul/Watson OTT, Borowiecki or Trenin NSH, Greenway MIN etc etc etc

The list could go on, lots of guys that hit and would drop gloves, not all above are known fighters to me but most of them play with a bit of an edge I think...

League is past full on GOONS, but its pathetic seeing any Canuck run or injured with no push back. Bailey gets hurt and nobody even dares to look at the guy who hit him, sad ass response! But that is the Sedin way, get hit, slashed, punched and don't do anything about it...

But, a thread like this will get all the Homers who are pro us getting a PP...

Bingo!!!!!!!!!

On 2/12/2021 at 10:18 AM, Fanuck said:

Last time I checked Motte was leading the entire league in hits. 

Just saying. 

But not really able to back them up if some goon comes after him.  And, no one on the Canucks is going to step forward to defend him except the guy who Green benches in the stands 90 per cent of the time.