The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Calgary/Vancouver Evaluation - updated 3/29/21 - CAL TIED WITH VAN

Rate this topic

Dazzle

5 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

tanevs career as a canuck other than 2011-2012 yrs  might have been canucks worst 9 yrs ever for losses

4 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

were they even this bad in 70s 

So...let me get this straight...the Canucks worst years in franchise history...have been from this past decade....in which they have been overseen by Jim Benning for the larger portion of it?

Isn't that something!

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

So...let me get this straight...the Canucks worst years in franchise history...have been from this past decade....in which they have been overseen by Jim Benning for the larger portion of it?

Isn't that something!

ya bennings record isnt good 

didnt help the ntc gillis provided or the lack of prospects  gillis left us with 3 prospects that have played over 100 games  hutton horvat connaughton 

when gillis is gone demko boeser petey virtanen  hughes hoglander  juolevi  possibly rathbone podkolzin be all over 100 nhl gamee played  our drafting is great but benning should really be director of scouting 

• Cheers 1

Has anyone taken a look at Montreal's schedule? It's not easy at all.

Two Winnipeg games. One of which MTL is down 2-0 in the first period. Still lots of time.

Next two games is with Vancouver. Assuming we are 'easy' and they take 4 points, they are, at best, slowing down their decline. There's no guarantee that other teams don't win, notably Toronto who's on a 4 game winning streak. AND they're playing against us tonight AND the day after.

Then Montreal plays calgary twice, but facing Jets two more times after that.

I don't know... Montreal fans and management have every reason to be worried.

You can bet MTL is gonna cheer for us against Toronto because their games in hand are going be mitigated if Toronto wins these two games.

image.png.f0d8c4485f13d17f002def89638b89ae.png

Edited by Dazzle

6 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

That is a completely asinine comparison. They weren't even signed in remotely the same year. And that is not even including the fact that Tavares wanted to play in his home town. Quite frankly awful and ridiculous comparison. 

there there, you just need a little time out

and then maybe read back throught the posts and try to catch up on the essence of the conversation before losing your head

2 hours ago, canuktravella said:

ya bennings record isnt good 

didnt help the ntc gillis provided or the lack of prospects  gillis left us with 3 prospects that have played over 100 games  hutton horvat connaughton 

when gillis is gone demko boeser petey virtanen  hughes hoglander  juolevi  possibly rathbone podkolzin be all over 100 nhl gamee played  our drafting is great but benning should really be director of scouting 

I just did a little count last night

Gillis left Jimmer with players that combined for nearly 4000 games after Jim took over.

the Old Jimmer didn't exactly maximizehis assets

he gave up picks for guys he could have picked off waivers

23 minutes ago, lmm said:

I just did a little count last night

Gillis left Jimmer with players that combined for nearly 4000 games after Jim took over.

the Old Jimmer didn't exactly maximizehis assets

he gave up picks for guys he could have picked off waivers

The Benning bros on this forum would try to have people believe that the Vancouver Canucks were a team of 40 year old beerleaguers in 2014 and that Benning has been working miracles every off-season ever since he took over.  It's hilarious how deluded and out of touch they are.  Makes for great comedy though.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

The Benning bros on this forum would try to have people believe that the Vancouver Canucks were a team of 40 year old beerleaguers in 2014 and that Benning has been working miracles every off-season ever since he took over.  It's hilarious how deluded and out of touch they are.  Makes for great comedy though.

Because completely making up something that literally no one has said isn’t deluded and out to lunch at all... 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Because completely making up something that literally no one has said isn’t deluded and out to lunch at all... 

I think the guy I'm quoting will know it's hyperbole...

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

11 hours ago, Dazzle said:

So I take it you have no valid response to reality?

You should take your own advice.

No I didn't have the time last night or the want to bother to sit down and type it out but I will soon enough to give you a bit of a reality lesson... 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

No I didn't have the time last night or the want to bother to sit down and type it out but I will soon enough to give you a bit of a reality lesson... 

Is that a threat? :lol:

It's a forum. If you have a difference of opinion, telling someone to cheer for another team is stupid. Your post showed nothing except pettiness. I'm not surprised at all that Alain Vigneault, the poster, approves such low class tactics.

1 hour ago, Alain Vigneault said:

And yet... you've never been able to explain that Gillis has left the cupboard empty. There's no evidence to show that the team was left with good assets to rebuild the team properly.

I don't care how many spare parts you named, whether it be Kassian, Kesler, or Jensen. For christ sakes, there were no good draft picks outside of Horvat, who was acquired 1 to 1 for a trade for Schneider.

Risky trade that paid off, but only if Schneider didn't falter AND if Horvat didn't improve (he had skating issues). It was still risky.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Is that a threat? :lol:

It's a forum. If you have a difference of opinion, telling someone to cheer for another team is stupid. Your post showed nothing except pettiness. I'm not surprised at all that Alain Vigneault, the poster, approves such low class tactics.

Alain Vigneault, the poster, does not approve of threats against other members. That's not cool...and it's also, like, kind of against board rules :ph34r:

He does, however, approve of other posters signalling their intent that they'll be schooling somebody with an argument.  

• Thanks 1
  • RoughGame 1

21 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

?

18 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

And yet... you've never been able to explain that Gillis has left the cupboard empty. There's no evidence to show that the team was left with good assets to rebuild the team properly.

I don't care how many spare parts you named, whether it be Kassian, Kesler, or Jensen. For christ sakes, there were no good draft picks outside of Horvat, who was acquired 1 to 1 for a trade for Schneider.

Risky trade that paid off, but only if Schneider didn't falter AND if Horvat didn't improve (he had skating issues). It was still risky.

Lol. Again with Gillis.

Obsessed.

45 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Lol. Again with Gillis.

Obsessed.

Kind of like you being obsessed with Benning? Can't stop badmouthing him when you get the chance. I don't have an issue with you doing that. I only have an issue when you do it while glossing over Gillis' failures.

Besides, it's hard not to talk about these two GMs, considering how significant they've meant to the team. Don't you think?

15 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Kind of like you being obsessed with Benning? Can't stop badmouthing him when you get the chance. I don't have an issue with you doing that. I only have an issue when you do it while glossing over Gillis' failures.

Besides, it's hard not to talk about these two GMs, considering how significant they've meant to the team. Don't you think?

Telling the truth about how an era ended =/= glossing over failures.