The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[offersheet proposal] Anthony Beauvillier NYI

Should benning give it a shot for anthony? We all know the islanders are in cap trouble this offseason with numerous players to sign. I was thinking maybe jim offers a 5x 4,110,731 =20,553,655

With this amount its $1 less than the next tier so would only cost us a 2nd round pick next year.

or do we go a bit higher to make it even harder for the islanders and offer like a 5.5x6 years but would cost us a 1st and a 3rd(same deal as jt miller)

kid is 24 yrs old, very consistent left winger and a top 6 player we ate looking for.

watcha think?

If we ever do an offer sheet, I would hope it would be for a top 3 defenseman.  

Beauvillier is a good player, but I don't really see the point of making such a bold move for a middle 6 players.  That's not our most pressing need right now and you'd be giving up a 2nd rounder or more and a lot of cap space to fill that spot.  I think our money can be better use elsewhere.

Also, that team is overachieving under Trotz.  I'd be wary of prying someone from that team and see a regression in their game.

Benning might not be an offer sheet guy, but Weisbrod would be. I could see him convincing Jim to make a move like this. But in this case I don't see where the cap room is for us to do this. We should be looking at defensemen to offer sheet if anything. 

5 hours ago, timberz21 said:

If we ever do an offer sheet, I would hope it would be for a top 3 defenseman.  

Beauvillier is a good player, but I don't really see the point of making such a bold move for a middle 6 players.  That's not our most pressing need right now and you'd be giving up a 2nd rounder or more and a lot of cap space to fill that spot.  I think our money can be better use elsewhere.

Also, that team is overachieving under Trotz.  I'd be wary of prying someone from that team and see a regression in their game.

I disagree. Having a guy like beauvillier fits right into the core of the team as a 24 yr old while we dont lose any draft picks this year. Overachieving umm so why is he doing it every year? How many years does he have to do well before you consider him a good consistent player?

29 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

I disagree. Having a guy like beauvillier fits right into the core of the team as a 24 yr old while we dont lose any draft picks this year. Overachieving umm so why is he doing it every year? How many years does he have to do well before you consider him a good consistent player?

Didn't say he was overachieving, said the team was.  Trotz clearly is pushing the right button.  Would that apply to him specifically, maybe, maybe not. 

But that was not my main point, to pry him away, you'd have to pay a premium over FMV otherwise NYI will just match, despite their cap problem.  You won't pull a fast one on Lou (btw, this is not a guy I would want on my bad side by screwing him over with an offer sheet).  After you have made that investment you need to pay the picks required.   Finally who do you take out to make room for him.   Guys like Hoglander, Podkolzin, Lind and Gadjovich, who are knocking on the doors (or already there) at a fraction of the price of Beauvillier.  

Don't get me wrong, I'd take Beauvillier on my team any day, but considering the investment, the lost of assets and our glaring need to upgrade our defense, I don't think that acquisition make sense IMO.  

2 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Didn't say he was overachieving, said the team was.  Trotz clearly is pushing the right button.  Would that apply to him specifically, maybe, maybe not. 

But that was not my main point, to pry him away, you'd have to pay a premium over FMV otherwise NYI will just match, despite their cap problem.  You won't pull a fast one on Lou (btw, this is not a guy I would want on my bad side by screwing him over with an offer sheet).  After you have made that investment you need to pay the picks required.   Finally who do you take out to make room for him.   Guys like Hoglander, Podkolzin, Lind and Gadjovich, who are knocking on the doors (or already there) at a fraction of the price of Beauvillier.  

Don't get me wrong, I'd take Beauvillier on my team any day, but considering the investment, the lost of assets and our glaring need to upgrade our defense, I don't think that acquisition make sense IMO.  

Having all our picks this year make it worth it. We still have our top 10 pick this year and adding the other 7 picks. This move wouldnt have much to do or have any impact for hogs and podz. Their ice time will still be the same or incase of injuries could easily move up in the top 6 while bringing up gadj or lind for 3rd line.

No reason we couldnt still improve our defense if this happens. 

Dont care if Luo is mad at Jim tbh lol

• 2 weeks later...