The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Boeser to MIN for Kaprizov?

32 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Kap is what 3 years older? Wants at least 10 mill per? I think id rather stick with Brock. Plus all that russian bullcrap sounds like such a headache no thanks.

They are the same age, commanding similar money. Kaprizov looks to be on track to be the next Panarin. He is "threatening to go back to Russia" as a negotiating tactic - ie he wants to reach UFA as soon as possible. In my original post I posited that HYPOTHETICALLY if he were to sign a significant deal with us (similar $ to what Boeser would get on a long term deal anyways) that could be a win for us. Kap is being severely underrated here, the guy is a superstar already after one season.

5 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Depends if Kirill the Thrill actually becomes a KHL flight risk... but if that does happen it does beg the question as to why we might want him.
Some might reference Podkolzin as a reason for him staying "because they're both Russian" but honestly I don't see it, and if he is in fact KHL bound I doubt we'd want to trade Boeser for his rights.  If he stays Minny will lock him up, so either way I think it's a no-go.

Minny hasn't locked him up yet because he wants to reach UFA. Minny has no elite forwards besides Kap. If he were to be traded here I could see him reaching superstar status a la Panarin.

5 hours ago, Johnny Torts said:

Boeser homer here. 

On a good team he scores 40 easy.

Wont do it. 

Love Brock but he hasnt eclipsed the 29 goals he had in his rookie season. 40 is a ways off I think. Kaprizov however looks to be a point per game plus type of superstar, the kind that puts butts in seats you know?

• RoughGame 1

5 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Not convinced that Kaprizov will be better and he seems to have a yearning to go back home to Russia. I'd rather keep Boeser. Almost the same age and Boeser's rookie year was pretty much just as good as Kaprizov's, just a smidge worse.

Kaprizov is already better. Carried his team into the playoffs in his rookie season. Not to mention he is 2 months younger than Brock, fwiw.

• RoughGame 1

3 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

I wouldn’t do it as I just don’t trust Russian players in general.  They can flip on a dime and head back to the KHL, or demand outrageously high salaries that put themselves ahead of the team (ie Bobrovsky, Panarin, etc.).   Canucks experience with Russian players hasn’t been great either whether it’s Krutov falling in love with donuts, Bure holding out, Mogilny not caring after 1996, or Tryamkin, Koltsov, and Chubarov all abandoning us.

I’m trying not to be bigoted and discriminatory towards Russian players, but I’m just not sure if I trust them given our tumultuous history with them.  

Not surprised at all that Kaprizov already wants a gazillion dollars.  

Although I don’t know Podkolzin very well, I wouldn’t be upset at all if we moved him + ??? To try and knab either Rasmus Dahlin or 1st OA.

By that logic we should probably get rid of Podkolzin as fast as possible then. Guys like Kucherov, Ovechkin, Malkin probably have no value in the league either due to their nationality.

• RoughGame 1

9 minutes ago, Stech said:

They are the same age, commanding similar money. Kaprizov looks to be on track to be the next Panarin. He is "threatening to go back to Russia" as a negotiating tactic - ie he wants to reach UFA as soon as possible. In my original post I posited that HYPOTHETICALLY if he were to sign a significant deal with us (similar $ to what Boeser would get on a long term deal anyways) that could be a win for us. Kap is being severely underrated here, the guy is a superstar already after one season.

We don’t exactly know if its a negotiation tactic or not. Maybe he really does love playing in russia idk. The better player, yes i agree its kap I believe. The real question is do you want to pay at least 2-3 mill per season for him than brock because thats what it looks like will eventually happen. Can he become a kucherov impact player? Well who knows but its definitely possible. I mean next year when we have all that cap opening we definitely could give kap that money and i wouldnt be that upset about it but brock is also very productive so really its a win win situation imo

9 minutes ago, Stech said:

By that logic we should probably get rid of Podkolzin as fast as possible then. Guys like Kucherov, Ovechkin, Malkin probably have no value in the league either due to their nationality.

That’s not what I was saying and I think you know that as well.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Stech said:

Love Brock but he hasnt eclipsed the 29 goals he had in his rookie season. 40 is a ways off I think. Kaprizov however looks to be a point per game plus type of superstar, the kind that puts butts in seats you know?

Were you just cracked out or did you also break your back in his rookie season? He would’ve shared his lunch with him and Barzal while potting his 40th. 

My little a*8* is a ways off

not Boeser 

my a**

Edited by Johnny Torts

1 minute ago, Johnny Torts said:

Were you just cracked out or did you also break your back in his rookie season? He would’ve shared his lunch with him and Barzal while potting his 40th. 

My little a*8* is a ways off

not Boeser 

my a**

I’m not doubting that Brock has 30+ goal capability but you’re saying he should easily hit 40 when in reality he hasn’t hit 30 yet. Pump the brakes a bit buddy.

• RoughGame 1

50 minutes ago, Stech said:

He isn't though.   His agent warned Guerin that he would be attending a wedding there and not to read anything into it.  They've been in constant contact.  Guerin dispelled the idea that things have gone cold.  They are continuing to negotiate and neither side is concerned of getting a contract done.

He's looking for shorter because he thinks he can get the Panarin deal.  If he takes a long term contract now it brings him to 32 - ie covers all his best years.  If he does bridge he'll maximise his earnings.  He'll still be young enough to break the bank on his next contract.

The Wild won't trade him.  They want to build their franchise around Kaprizov.  They've waited for him long enough and media/Guerin talk of how the franchise never had a player like him. 

Saying Boeser wants to play home is not the best way to convince Guerin btw.  He has been annoyed by the country club atmosphere with too many players just wanting to play at home.  There's quite a few players who had personal reasons to play in Minnesota that were moved out.

Edited by mll

Mods I can barely read eat or see but I keep hearing people wanting to trade Brock and so on on on.

If any of these land Biatches wanna meet at my senior provided housing, I get smoke breaks twice a day.

Meet me out back Biatches

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Stech said:

I’m not doubting that Brock has 30+ goal capability but you’re saying he should easily hit 40 when in reality he hasn’t hit 30 yet. Pump the brakes a bit buddy.

What the &^@# are you on? 

Were you born in his rookie year or some $&!#? 

Get the &^@# out of my face I dont have time for people that don’t know $&!# like you.

”In reality he hasn’t hit 30 yet” 

if I break your back, you miss 20 games at 29 goals, YOU ARE INCAPABLE OF SCORING 30 GOALS BECAUSE.

because.

&^@# off.

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Stech said:

Minny hasn't locked him up yet because he wants to reach UFA. Minny has no elite forwards besides Kap. If he were to be traded here I could see him reaching superstar status a la Panarin.

Yeah could definitely see him want to get paid early by reaching UFA status where he'd command big bucks.  He could easily reach superstar status in a big market like ours.  That being said, when he does it'd be tough to balance him, Petey, Hughes and all the support pieces, and since Minny still doesn't have much flair besides him they'll probably hold onto him if at all possible.

Edited by Phil_314

2 minutes ago, Stech said:

Look, I'm not discounting what Boeser has done here, and this is just a proposal for fun after all (don't tell your friend Johnny), all I'm saying is Kaprizov is the superior player, in my mind, and I feel he would do well in Vancouver. Feel free to twist his left nut for him

He's threatening to jump to the KHL. That's the red flaggiest of red flags for me. If you want to say he's  better than Boeser, or at least has more potential, fine, but there's no need to discredit Boeser. He's obviously a 30+ goal player.

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

He's threatening to jump to the KHL. That's the red flaggiest of red flags for me. If you want to say he's  better than Boeser, or at least has more potential, fine, but there's no need to discredit Boeser. He's obviously a 30+ goal player.

Fair enough. I just don't see that happening. He'll get his payday eventually, a lot more money to be made in the NHL. And for the 5th time, I love Boeser, but he's not some untradeable saint. Hasn't played a full season yet. iNjUrY pRoNe

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

He isn’t.  Media there built a story because he was attending a wedding in Moscou where his former team is located.  His agent warned Guerin that there’s no truth to it.  They are negotiating - it took all off-season to get Boeser, Horvat under contract.  

Guerin is confident that Kaprizov wants to stay in Minnesota.  

• Like 1