The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Boeser to MIN for Kaprizov?

I know this sounds ridiculous on the surface, but let's say hypothetically that Kaprizov is willing to sign long term with us if this trade is made. Boeser as we all know is from Minnesota and probably wouldn't mind being much closer his family, especially his dad. Boeser is due for a contract in the 8M+ range, while Kaprizov will be looking for a bit more, but still comparable. 

Benning is on record saying he would look into adding a Russian player to help ease Podkolzin in, how's Kaprizov for a mentor...

Kaprizov would probably love to play in Vancouver, we have some elite talent up front and he would get the chance to maximize his point totals playing with the likes of Petey, Miller, Horvat, etc, something that Minnesota doesn't have. Victor Rask was his center this past season and he put up a better points per game average than Boes.

Both are wingers, similar age to boot.

If Minny is worried about potentially losing Kaprizov for nothing in FA a couple years down the road, might they consider the hometown boy in a 1-for-1 hockey trade? Might really benefit both teams.

Flame away. Love me some Boeser but Kaprizov would be too good to pass up IMO.

• Like 1
  • RoughGame 3

Depends if Kirill the Thrill actually becomes a KHL flight risk... but if that does happen it does beg the question as to why we might want him.
Some might reference Podkolzin as a reason for him staying "because they're both Russian" but honestly I don't see it, and if he is in fact KHL bound I doubt we'd want to trade Boeser for his rights.  If he stays Minny will lock him up, so either way I think it's a no-go.

Edited by Phil_314

Not convinced that Kaprizov will be better and he seems to have a yearning to go back home to Russia. I'd rather keep Boeser. Almost the same age and Boeser's rookie year was pretty much just as good as Kaprizov's, just a smidge worse.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Why? At this point their NHL production seems pretty on par. Kaprisov might have a bit more potential, but he's also smaller and seems to want to go back to Russia. It would probably take a massive contract to keep him from jumping ship, and even then you never know.

Boeser is a sure thing. A young player that performs at just under a PPG clip and seems dedicated to the team. And there's no risk of losing him to the KHL.

• Cheers 2

40 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Why? At this point their NHL production seems pretty on par. Kaprisov might have a bit more potential, but he's also smaller and seems to want to go back to Russia. It would probably take a massive contract to keep him from jumping ship, and even then you never know.

Boeser is a sure thing. A young player that performs at just under a PPG clip and seems dedicated to the team. And there's no risk of losing him to the KHL.

6’1” 208lbs and starting to use his body. He’s a freak. Ripped.

Has amazing hair

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

The hair is reason enough to keep Boeser. Who else can say that they have Prince Charming on their team?

Now if we just follow my game plan of signing Getzlaf to a cheap contract, we will have a Shrek! 

We already have puss in boots (Myers) and Donkey (Hoglander, good donkey).

I wouldn’t do it as I just don’t trust Russian players in general.  They can flip on a dime and head back to the KHL, or demand outrageously high salaries that put themselves ahead of the team (ie Bobrovsky, Panarin, etc.).   Canucks experience with Russian players hasn’t been great either whether it’s Krutov falling in love with donuts, Bure holding out, Mogilny not caring after 1996, or Tryamkin, Koltsov, and Chubarov all abandoning us.

I’m trying not to be bigoted and discriminatory towards Russian players, but I’m just not sure if I trust them given our tumultuous history with them.  

Not surprised at all that Kaprizov already wants a gazillion dollars.  

Although I don’t know Podkolzin very well, I wouldn’t be upset at all if we moved him + ??? To try and knab either Rasmus Dahlin or 1st OA.

• RoughGame 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

Now if we just follow my game plan of signing Getzlaf to a cheap contract, we will have a Shrek! 

We already have puss in boots (Myers) and Donkey (Hoglander, good donkey).

Getzlaf would be far more likely to sign with a team that is a current cup contender (ie Islanders, Canes, Bruins, Leafs, etc.).

2 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

Getzlaf would be far more likely to sign with a team that is a current cup contender (ie Islanders, Canes, Bruins, Leafs, etc.).

Or a 2 hour flight from Anaheim! 

Im an optimist, Vancouver could be another contending team given the right moves in the next 2-3 weeks.

Like QH said, people seem to forget they were one game away from the conference finals a year ago! 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

But alas, that’s not what I said.

Podkolzin + 9OA for 1OA / Podkolzin + ??? For Dahlin

This is one of those drafts where there isn't a surefire 1st overall. It's conceivable that whoever we draft at 9 could very well end up as good as the 1st overall. Not worth it imo. Podkolzin seems to be pretty intent on making the jump, and considering how poorly he's been treated playing in Russia, I don't blame him.

As far as Dahlin goes, Buffalo seems to be intent on moving everyone but him. No way we're prying him out of Buffalo without a massive overpayment. 

Also, even if we did somehow pry him out of Buffalo, he plays the side we're stronger on, so we'd still need to add a high end RHD.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

Podz could easily be the best player out of the whole 9OA / 1st OA ordeal.

This kid slid from number 1/2/3 to 10th because Russia was screwing him over. And he was under contract for another year in Russia.

I was at that draft I shat my pants when we drafted him.

I suggest you wear adult diapers next time you get excited.  

• Haha 1