The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

3 minutes ago, JohnTavares said:

But you don't see the incessant trolling?  I literally pasted screenshots from a year ago but Ok.

This is gaslighting at it's finest.

Bully goes after someone. The crowd then gaslights the victim and makes them the villain.

Clearly you have no intention of dropping it but I don't see you as any kind of victim (at all).  Your screenshots don't help your cause. 

Gaslighting indeed :lol:

I'm done with this I think.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, JohnTavares said:

You're correct.

But to give some context, I picked this username in 2006 - dude wasn't even drafted yet.

Alf has been harassing me for a while about my username calling me a Leafs fan etc (see snippets below).

image.thumb.png.7473c8f670799bbd16a270456af467e4.png

image.thumb.png.34825db4272364bac3e136e74a62128b.png

Unless I had a time machine, how the hell would I know John Tavares would be a Leaf? lol

Mods have turned a blind eye over this incessant trolling but gives me a 'friendly' warning.  Tell me how this makes sense?  I'm just trying to talk hockey and this guy literally harasses me about my username.

Yet I'm the troll and he's not?

I PM'ed you the other day, and suggested an alternative.

I also gave you my thoughts on what could happen if you persisted in how you are doing something.

So, afaic -you get what you get.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

I PM'ed you the other day, and suggested an alternative.

I also gave you my thoughts on what could happen if you persisted in how you are doing something.

So, afaic -you get what you get.

Appreciate the heads up.

I submitted a report and messaged the mods to see if they would address his trolling. 

Neither avenue has gotten anywhere at this point in time.

Edited by JohnTavares
  • Sad 1

Like I said.

I'm happy to bump this post in 3/4 years when OEL is bought out or scratched.  If you don't think you OEL is part of the problem, I want whatever you're having and double it.

Then I can say 'I told you so' again! :)

And if he's not you'll forget all about it, I know your ilk. 

I don't know if OEL is really part of the problem as 3/4 of our defence is absolute dogshit so there's that. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

Clearly you have no intention of dropping it but I don't see you as any kind of victim (at all).  Your screenshots don't help your cause. 

Gaslighting indeed :lol:

I'm done with this I think.

I've dropped this long time ago but Alf keeps prodding.

Brings up John Tavares in a topic about the OEL trade?  There's no relevancy at all.

And then you and some others keep commenting about my username for no reason... you guys aren't even involved/related to this issue.  I like how you like to jump in to something that's frankly, not relevant to you at all...

Edited by JohnTavares

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

And if he's not you'll forget all about it, I know your ilk. 

I don't know if OEL is really part of the problem as 3/4 of our defence is absolute dogshit so there's that. 

Yeah you see... OEL was brought in to help elevate our defense and be part of the solution.

He wasn't brought in to be babysat by others.

His salary is reflective of this.

1 minute ago, JohnTavares said:

Yeah you see... OEL was brought in to help elevate our defense and be part of the solution.

He wasn't brought in to be babysat by others.

His salary is reflective of this.

Again not how a team sport works and last year he played well, this year our defence has been significantly worse. One player can only do so much. I also never said he was brought in to be babysat, why don't you try having an actual discussion, instead of putting words in peoples mouths, moving goal posts, creating pointless strawmen and playing the victim. 

Crazy thought I know.

Appreciate the heads up.

I submitted a report and messaged the mods to see if they would address his trolling. 

Neither avenue has gotten anywhere at this point in time.

That is disappointing.

Truthfully, I'm close to out of here, I'd say being a fantasy GM is a huge part of why I still come here.

I'm fine with opinions, and facts; but am increasingly annoyed by name calling, and not so vague comments, on people's mental capacities.

eg 

"you aren't a true fan"

"you don't know anything about hockey"

and so on.......

comes across like:

"do you even lift bro"

" my dad is tougher than your Dad"

I try to remember that, things going on in my home life are also getting me aggravated, and  not to let it slip into my feelings about this place. However this place is currently ticking me off all by itself. :(

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 3

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Again not how a team sport works and last year he played well, this year our defence has been significantly worse. One player can only do so much. I also never said he was brought in to be babysat, why don't you try having an actual discussion, instead of putting words in peoples mouths, moving goal posts, creating pointless strawmen and playing the victim. 

Crazy thought I know.

The difference is that you believe OEL is a victim of this defense being bad.

I'm saying this defense is bad because OEL has been bad.

Your argument is that OEL has been performing poorly because the rest of the defense has been performing poorly.

My counter-argument is that OEL is part of the problem, because he's been absolutely atrocious defensively.

It's crazy how Luke Schenn (who's a #5/6 making 900k) is playing amazing in the exact same defensive system that OEL is in.  Isn't this funny? The 900k defenseman is severely outplaying the $7M defenseman in the same system/structure.  Hm...

• Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, Gurn said:

That is disappointing.

Truthfully, I'm close to out of here, I'd say being a fantasy GM is a huge part of why I still come here.

I'm fine with opinions, and facts; but am increasingly annoyed by name calling, and not so vague comments, on people's mental capacities.

eg 

"you aren't a true fan"

"you don't know anything about hockey"

and so on.......

comes across like:

"do you even lift bro"

" my dad is tougher than your Dad"

I try to remember that, things going on in my home life are also getting me aggravated, and  not to let it slip into my feelings about this place. However this place is currently ticking me off all by itself. :(

I honestly don't even come here unless I'm bored and snowed in haha.

I left the board when any negative Benning opinions were downvoted and mocked for eternity.  Many said I wasn't a 'real fan' or was 'too pessimistic/critical'.

This used to be a really fun place where people with different opinions could engage but it's definitely not the place it once was.  Part of the reason why I'm so petty about the JB era... kinda got chased out this place because my opinion was different than the consensus. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

7 minutes ago, JohnTavares said:

I've dropped this long time ago but Alf keeps prodding.

Brings up John Tavares in a topic about the OEL trade?  There's no relevancy at all.

And then you and some others keep commenting about my username for no reason... you guys aren't even involved/related to this issue.  I like how you like to jump in to something that's frankly, not relevant to you at all...

Cheers mate.  Agreed it has nothing to do with me.  FWIW I never once commented on your username so that's completely untrue.  I simply called BS on your claim that you'd have to go back to 2006 if you wanted to change it.  Your reaction to such a small thing combined with at least a couple of false statements amused me and so I commented.  

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, JohnTavares said:

The difference is that you believe OEL is a victim of this defense being bad.

I'm saying this defense is bad because OEL has been bad.

Your argument is that OEL has been performing poorly because the rest of the defense has been performing poorly.

My counter-argument is that OEL is part of the problem, because he's been absolutely atrocious defensively.

It's crazy how Luke Schenn (who's a #5/6 making 900k) is playing amazing in the exact same defensive system that OEL is in.  Isn't this funny? The 900k defenseman is severely outplaying the $7M defenseman in the same system/structure.  Hm...

OEL was our best defenseman last season, this season he had a bad start and has been improving after being hurt. Luke Schenn has been a pleasant surprise however, if Schenn is one of your top 3 dmen your defence is clearly pretty garbage. Until moves are made to strengthen the defence we have no idea whether OEL is part of the problem or part of the solution. 

• There it is 1

14 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

Cheers mate.  Agreed it has nothing to do with me.  FWIW I never once commented on your username so that's completely untrue.  I simply called BS on your claim that you'd have to go back to 2006 if you wanted to change it.  Your reaction to such a small thing combined with at least a couple of false statements amused me and so I commented.  

You commented about this topic... getting involved with something that you don't understand the context of.  

That's not what I intended. 

I'm not going to change my username because some old dude has his panties twisted.  My point is that I picked this username in 2006, when John Tavares wasn't even DRAFTED yet.  He was an upcoming hotshot prospect so I picked him to be my username.  

For whatever reason, this Alf dude (or girl) is completely obsessed with my username and hasn't stopped trolling for a while now (again nothing done by Mods).

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

OEL was our best defenseman last season, this season he had a bad start and has been improving after being hurt. Luke Schenn has been a pleasant surprise however, if Schenn is one of your top 3 dmen your defence is clearly pretty garbage. Until moves are made to strengthen the defence we have no idea whether OEL is part of the problem or part of the solution. 

what?

I respect that you can have an opinion but I can't take you seriously anymore.

Have you heard of this guy named Quinn Hughes?

4 minutes ago, JohnTavares said:

You commented about this topic... getting involved with something that you don't understand the context of.  

That's not what I intended. 

I'm not going to change my username because some old dude has his panties twisted.  My point is that I picked this username in 2006, when John Tavares wasn't even DRAFTED yet.  He was an upcoming hotshot prospect so I picked him to be my username.  

For whatever reason, this Alf dude (or girl) is completely obsessed with my username and hasn't stopped trolling for a while now (again nothing done by Mods).

You realize he hasn't posted in here since yesterday? Time to let it go and move on.

• Cheers 1