The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

6 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

https://www.nhl.com/video/mcdavids-700th-point-grabs-lead/t-335361292/c-13119244

lmfao what was Hughes doing???? Not a liability???? Buddy he just skated away from his assignment to attack a guy in the highslot WHO IS ALREADY BEING COVERED BY SCHENN, leaves CONNOR MCF****ING DAVID wide open back door, lets him walk into the slot to score meanwhile Hughes is holding up the post and Schenn is trying to deal with the slot. GREAT WORK HUGHES, didnt leave your goalie or dpartner hanging AT ALL. 

lmfao dude just go back to soccer, you’re clueless

Good job picking out one play. Like...what in the world are you doing man?

Just now, dougieL said:

Okay wow so I guess you're really grasping at straws here. :lol::lol::lol:

Pssst OEL has only been on for 59 goals against :bigblush: and thats with far more dzone duties and baby sitting plugs like Stillman

The only one grasping at straws is the guy coming back 2 weeks later with a response. Are you always that slow image.gif.46c97c1fe2c2f753957b2d229644ac76.gif

3 minutes ago, dougieL said:

You know the vast majority of 5-on-5 shifts start with changes on the fly, right? Go look it up.

No sh*t sherlock on the fly shifts allow for more sustained pressure against tired legs. 
Zone starts is an indication of their roles. Higher dzone duties = defensively utilized

L2common sense

2 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Pssst OEL has only been on for 59 goals against :bigblush: and thats with far more dzone duties and baby sitting plugs like Stillman

The only one grasping at straws is the guy coming back 2 weeks later with a response. Are you always that slow image.gif.46c97c1fe2c2f753957b2d229644ac76.gif

Wait...how many fewer 5-on-5 minutes has OEL played this season?

1 minute ago, dougieL said:

Wait 11 games x OELs avg 20:11 = 203:40 add that to his totals 908:36 = 1113:16

He’s played 108 mins less than Hughes who is averaging 25mins??? How much of that time is QH shutting down top lines? Lol almost none. 

No one doubts Hughes offensive game, but defensively he is not that good. OEL does a lot of small things and doesnt have the benefit of being the one babysat by Schenn, instead OEL is taking care of the call ups and baby sitting guys like Stillman, Rathbone etc

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

He’s played 108 mins less than Hughes who is averaging 25mins??? How much of that time is QH shutting down top lines? Lol almost none. 

No one doubts Hughes offensive game, but defensively he is not that good. OEL does a lot of small things and doesnt have the benefit of being the one babysat by Schenn, instead OEL is taking care of the call ups and baby sitting guys like Stillman, Rathbone etc

What is this 11x20:11...and what are you even talking about. He's played 908:36 5-on-5 and been on ice for 59 goals against. Hughes has been on ice for 54 (oh sorry, 55) goals against in over 1200 minutes. I'll let you do the division and see who has a lower goals against per 60. :lol::lol::lol:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Sure thing. OEL is better than Hughes. LMAAO

image.gif.18b5b9549221e3082f6d14e343b6b63c.gif

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

I don't understand where you pull this 11 games out of, and 20:11 is not even OEL's average 5-on-5 ice time. That's his average total ice time. And why do you add that weird number you got out of nowhere to his total 5-on-5 ice time? You sound like an clueless math student just adding and multiplying numbers together :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by dougieL
  • Haha 2

This thread is so stupid it broke CDC.

Yes the trade was very bad. It looked like a high risk gamble at the time and didn't pay off. No OEL is nowhere near as good as Hughes at either end of the ice. And no you can't multiply the number of games OEL missed by his ATOI and assume 0 goals would be scored against in that time in a desperate attempt to make the stats fit your argument.

Best case scenario is a fully fit OEL comes back for the last few games and shows he can play as an overpaid but serviceable 3/4 D, because none of the other options are particularly attractive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yes the trade was very bad. It looked like a high risk gamble at the time and didn't pay off. No OEL is nowhere near as good as Hughes at either end of the ice. And no you can't multiply the number of games OEL missed by his ATOI and assume 0 goals would be scored against in that time in a desperate attempt to make the stats fit your argument.

Best case scenario is a fully fit OEL comes back for the last few games and shows he can play as an overpaid but serviceable 3/4 D, because none of the other options are particularly attractive.

I was pretty sure that's what he did but I didn't think anyone could be that incompetent :lol:

11 hours ago, dougieL said:

What is this 11x20:11...and what are you even talking about. He's played 908:36 5-on-5 and been on ice for 59 goals against. Hughes has been on ice for 54 (oh sorry, 55) goals against in over 1200 minutes. I'll let you do the division and see who has a lower goals against per 60. :lol::lol::lol:

Hahahahahahahahahah hey officer Doofy how many games played does Hughes and OEL have???? Are you that incompetent and that careless that when you did your “research” you didnt even look at games played AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMGGG THIS IS HYSTERICAL. Your brilliance just shines through hahahahahahahahahaha

11 hours ago, Alflives said:

Sure thing. OEL is better than Hughes. LMAAO

image.gif.18b5b9549221e3082f6d14e343b6b63c.gif

Hey bud hows Neidermayer and Scott Stevens doing? Err sorry Olli Juolevi and Erik Gudbranson 3732E68F-4B74-44FB-9C54-C293A7D03722.thumb.png.e0bbcf824f6f28042ac0a6b66b0bc105.png4E4F43EB-8A9F-40CB-98DD-F27525E0A027.thumb.png.0f5993346a15b06812439ee78846f742.png

I think you should just sit out of the hockey talk Alf. I dont want to keep pulling up embarrassing quotes from you.

I don't understand where you pull this 11 games out of, and 20:11 is not even OEL's average 5-on-5 ice time. That's his average total ice time. And why do you add that weird number you got out of nowhere to his total 5-on-5 ice time? You sound like an clueless math student just adding and multiplying numbers together :lol::lol::lol:

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahhahhahhaahhaahhahhahaha

Oh you are confused??? Me too man, I’m confused why you are comparing total 5v5 ice time with completely separate games played.

So I just pulled a Dougiedumbdumb and decided I’d just throw sh*t in a blender that makes no sense and throw out “dougiefacts”

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

riddle me this. Who was Vancouvers top defensive shutdown pair last season, that was also one of the top shutdown pairs in the entire league.

40 minutes ago, dougieL said:

I was pretty sure that's what he did but I didn't think anyone could be that incompetent :lol:

Me neither

54 is equal to 66 therefore the ice time comparison is fair 

lmfao

in that case 

OEL has more goals and assists than Hughes…. According to you and your “calculations”

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1
  • There it is 1

50 minutes ago, dougieL said:

I originally thought it was the James Reimer jersey thread that broke CDC, but maybe was actually this idiotic argument that crashed it...

Lmfao you mean the troll who came out from under his bridge weeks later, finally after all his hard work and coming up with “facts and stats” only to compare completely separate games played and think its an accurate representation 

LOOOOOOOOL

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, dougieL said:

I guess, according to Hughes, you haven't watched the games 

I guess Hughes has watched enough games and heard enough about him being considered a “liability” that it made it to the media and that question and statement surfaced. If I am the only one to see issues in his defensive game, which no player is perfect, how in the hell does that conversation even surface??? How do you not comprehend where theres smoke theres fire??? The very fact that statement was made, proves there is plenty of talk around the league and media about his defensive play. His offensive play is elite, but defensively Hughes has issues. Do I want him to fail?? No. I am glad he is taking on more responsibility and taking on PK duties, challenging himself to improve. But to say he is better defensively than OEL is wrong. OEL has far greater dzone time than Hughes, that is how he is utilized and if he is getting twice as much dzone time as Hughes and Hughes is getting twice as much ozone time as OEL and our goalies have been dogsh*t all season, how the hell do OEL and Hughes have nearly the same goals against at 5v5???? How does that not sink into your brain at all (if there is a brain)

Facts are QH gets the LARGE, very large majority of offensive zone time and if QH is averaging 18mins and OEL is around 17mins, how is OEL getting 17 mins if QH is taking up the offensive zone (as he should)???? Obviously it would mean OEL is getting his ice time from playing in the dzone and shutting down opposition, while also having to have had baby sit Stillman and other AHL call ups. Hughes has been stapled to Schenn and Bear for a reason, because they are defensively more responsible and Hughes needs help with shutdown, otherwise, why the hell isnt he baby sitting Stillman, Burroughs, Rathbone etc, if hes so damn good defensively?? Why wasnt OEL getting Schenn to hold his hand????

29 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Hahahahahahahahahah hey officer Doofy how many games played does Hughes and OEL have???? Are you that incompetent and that careless that when you did your “research” you didnt even look at games played AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMGGG THIS IS HYSTERICAL. Your brilliance just shines through hahahahahahahahahaha

Hey bud hows Neidermayer and Scott Stevens doing? Err sorry Olli Juolevi and Erik Gudbranson 3732E68F-4B74-44FB-9C54-C293A7D03722.thumb.png.e0bbcf824f6f28042ac0a6b66b0bc105.png4E4F43EB-8A9F-40CB-98DD-F27525E0A027.thumb.png.0f5993346a15b06812439ee78846f742.png

I think you should just sit out of the hockey talk Alf. I dont want to keep pulling up embarrassing quotes from you.

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahhahhahhaahhaahhahhahaha

Oh you are confused??? Me too man, I’m confused why you are comparing total 5v5 ice time with completely separate games played.

So I just pulled a Dougiedumbdumb and decided I’d just throw sh*t in a blender that makes no sense and throw out “dougiefacts”

riddle me this. Who was Vancouvers top defensive shutdown pair last season, that was also one of the top shutdown pairs in the entire league.

Me neither

54 is equal to 66 therefore the ice time comparison is fair 

lmfao

in that case 

OEL has more goals and assists than Hughes…. According to you and your “calculations”

Holy crap man this is getting seriously amusing. Do you even understand the concept of GA/60? Like...if OEL has 59 GA 5-on-5 and Hughes has 55 GA 5-on-5, but Hughes has played far more minutes 5-on-5 (1243:37 vs 908:36), you understand that this means Hughes has a significantly lower GA/60 5-on-5 than OEL right? You can't just say it's a 4 goal difference and claim OEL has similar defensive numbers to Hughes. Typically the more a player plays, the more goals against he'll be on ice for...unless the player is OEL in your dream world where, for the 12 games would have played had he not been injured, he would have allowed 0 goals against :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

I guess Hughes has watched enough games and heard enough about him being considered a “liability” that it made it to the media and that question and statement surfaced. If I am the only one to see issues in his defensive game, which no player is perfect, how in the hell does that conversation even surface??? How do you not comprehend where theres smoke theres fire??? The very fact that statement was made, proves there is plenty of talk around the league and media about his defensive play. His offensive play is elite, but defensively Hughes has issues. Do I want him to fail?? No. I am glad he is taking on more responsibility and taking on PK duties, challenging himself to improve. But to say he is better defensively than OEL is wrong. OEL has far greater dzone time than Hughes, that is how he is utilized and if he is getting twice as much dzone time as Hughes and Hughes is getting twice as much ozone time as OEL and our goalies have been dogsh*t all season, how the hell do OEL and Hughes have nearly the same goals against at 5v5???? How does that not sink into your brain at all (if there is a brain)

Facts are QH gets the LARGE, very large majority of offensive zone time and if QH is averaging 18mins and OEL is around 17mins, how is OEL getting 17 mins if QH is taking up the offensive zone (as he should)???? Obviously it would mean OEL is getting his ice time from playing in the dzone and shutting down opposition, while also having to have had baby sit Stillman and other AHL call ups. Hughes has been stapled to Schenn and Bear for a reason, because they are defensively more responsible and Hughes needs help with shutdown, otherwise, why the hell isnt he baby sitting Stillman, Burroughs, Rathbone etc, if hes so damn good defensively?? Why wasnt OEL getting Schenn to hold his hand????

Hughes has played more 5-on-5 minutes...I don't know what else to say :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by dougieL

3 minutes ago, dougieL said:

Holy crap man this is getting seriously amusing. Do you even understand the concept of GA/60? Like...if OEL has 59 GA 5-on-5 and Hughes has 55 GA 5-on-5, but Hughes has played far more minutes 5-on-5 (1243:37 vs 908:36), you understand that this means Hughes has a significantly lower GA/60 5-on-5 than OEL right? You can't just say it's a 4 goal difference and claim OEL has similar defensive numbers to Hughes. Typically the more a player plays, the more goals against he'll be on ice for...unless the player is OEL in your dream world where, for the 12 games would have played had he not been injured, he would have allowed 0 goals against :lol::lol::lol:

Holy crap man and if Hughes plays 7 mins in the offensive zone and 3 in the dzone and OEL plays 7 mins in the dzone and 3 in the ozone…. DO YOU COMPREHEND YET?? 
Do OEL and Hughes play equal time in both zones??? NOPE. Not even remotely close.

FIGURE IT OUT DUDE. Holy crap

6 minutes ago, dougieL said:

Hughes has played more 5-on-5 minutes...I don't know what else to say :lol::lol::lol:

I know you dont, you cant comprehend deployment. How much ozone did QH have last night??? Like 10-12 f***ing minutes 5v5 of just offensive zone time. Guess what… those add to his 5v5 ice time totals, but doesnt show d**k all for defence