The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 NHL Entry Draft

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

Imagine getting drafted by the Canucks and being him. This must have been his dream team for real for so many reasons 

and I think they are going to give him ever support or resource needed to develop into his absolute best version of himself

Feeling m very bullish on this pick 

Lekkerimaki and Pettersson are going to play together at some point in the future.  Gonna be special to watch...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Reminds me of when posters on here would make up rosters like:

Schroeder - Hodgson - Jensen

Gaunce - Cassels - Shinkaruk

Exactly. I think we are saying the same thing. The future of the team is poorly constructed.

28 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Said he's going allvensken for sure. So thats that. Hope he gets big minutes.

Going:

Year 1: J20 with some impressive SHL time (Draft Year)

Year 2: Allvensken grind back to SHL (Draft +1)

Year 3: SHL or AHL

Year 4: AHL or NHL 

For the most conservative progression^

2-3 years he's in North America.

3-4 Years in a canucks Sweater as the most conservative projection

Edited by R3aL
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Oh man I feel opposite of you this with management.

Im feeling optimistic towards everything they've done up till now.

We can judge them more fairly on direction and action when we see what they do the next 1-2 weeks and what happens with JT. If the season starts and he's not signed. I will be upset too.

Other than that I have been impressed and pleased with everything done so far myself.

there is nothing to judge them on. It's entirely JB's roster still.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

Exactly. I think we are saying the same thing. The future of the team is poorly constructed.

The future of this team hasn’t been determined yet.

Be patient and management will start to put their stamp on the team. They’ve already said they want more sandpaper and rumour has it they want Marchment. That’s a good start.

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

Yeah maybe - we don’t need a dozen soft-ish 2nd/3rd line wingers.

But having more than you need in a position gives you the ability to solidify other areas of need.
I think this is all pretty good.

Just now, hammertime said:

there is nothing to judge them on. It's entirely JB's roster still.

Well I think the team overhaul on coaching staff, adding development staff, scouts, executives and just the team assembled is a great commitment by Ownership.

Trading travis was clean, didn't think he was moveable.

Signing Kuzmenko and the effort involved was commendable.

No chance that deal gets signed with Benning and the old team, they couldn't even communicate about toffoli..

Signed some nice Euro FA for some free depth.

Signed Boeser to a good deal considering he circumstances and under the 7.5 QO.

Talks with Horvatt camp are reported to be great.

Thats more than nothing imo.

And the stage is set here for them to make their mark on the roster. Trades will start.

Cant imagine them just signing our fourth line and going into camp as is.

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Future top 6/9

Hoglander Pete Brock

Pod ?Karlsson? Lekkerimaki

Don't think I've ever seen a team that soft in my life.

Hoglander is not a top 6 player.  He will be traded for help on defence.  Kuzmenko I think will stick in the top 6.  If Lekkerimaki is legit then they probably trade Boeser before he becomes a UFA.  We have Klimovich in the pipeline who is almost 6'3" 200+ pounds, so I can see him in the top 6.  Karlsson is not a 2C, he's a 3C at best and could play on the wing.  Also, BO is only 27.  He will be around several more years, so we really don't need to leave him out at this point.  

Podkolzin      Pettersson   Lekkerimaki

Kuzmenko    Horvat          Klimovich

I could see that lineup in 3 years when BO is 30.  And we still have Boeser and Hoglander as trade bait for a 3C and help on defence.

• Cheers 1

Just now, R3aL said:

Well I think the team overhaul on coaching staff, adding development staff, scouts, executives and just the team assembled is a great commitment by Ownership.

Trading travis was clean, didn't think he was moveable.

Signing Kuzmenko and the effort involved was commendable.

No chance that deal gets signed with Benning and the old team, they couldn't even communicate about toffoli..

Signed some nice Euro FA for some free depth.

Signed Boeser to a good deal considering he circumstances and under the 7.5 QO.

Talks with Horvatt camp are reported to be great.

Thats more than nothing imo.

And the stage is set here for them to make their mark on the roster. Trades will start.

Cant imagine them just signing our fourth line and going into camp as is.

I actually like JB’s roster for the most part so I’m cool. Yes the defence needs to improve, depth at Center, restock some prospects. But I’m not sure why someone would want to tear it all done. We are getting there. Just taking a hell of a lot longer than most hoped.

• Cheers 3

14 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Reminds me of when posters on here would make up rosters like:

Schroeder - Hodgson - Jensen

Gaunce - Cassels - Shinkaruk

OMG CASSELS need to add that to the list of guys I thought would be an nhler...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

Lol, I'm late as I worked until a couple of hours but I have to disagree with some early angst I've seen regarding this. We don't need to be super active because the fans are impatient. Just make good moves. We picked up a top 10 talent who slipped. Perfect that's what I hoped for. Go for skill as that what will determine if this player is impact or not. We just picked up a top 6 sniper. He's already 172 lbs. and only 17 so he should play at 190, 5"11.

It's frustrating to watch other teams trade for top picks but we didn't have the assets to do that. The best thing we could do we did in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, VanCan2023 said:

I'd say an absolute overhaul with upper/mid/lower management is a good piece of judgement and a way to separate the JB dibaulcal.  

Thats more on ownership than JB.

I am sure JB wanted more support and help over the course of his tenure.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Hoglander is not a top 6 player.  He will be traded for help on defence.  Kuzmenko I think will stick in the top 6.  If Lekkerimaki is legit then they probably trade Boeser before he becomes a UFA.  We have Klimovich in the pipeline who is almost 6'3" 200+ pounds, so I can see him in the top 6.  Karlsson is not a 2C, he's a 3C at best and could play on the wing.  Also, BO is only 27.  He will be around several more years, so we really don't need to leave him out at this point.  

Podkolzin      Pettersson   Lekkerimaki

Kuzmenko    Horvat          Klimovich

I could see that lineup in 3 years when BO is 30.  And we still have Boeser and Hoglander as trade bait for a 3C and help on defence.

Wow I feel sorry for Shorty calling those games, that is a mouthful for names. Also interesting when Bo is 27 and the old man Miller is 29 and everyone is worried about his age. Ya I know its about his term, but JT isn't that old. BTW our young future goalie will be 27 this year. Our window is opening, but in a blink of your eye it can close even faster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1