The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Connor Lockhart | C

Dazzle

15 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Probably more to do with having too many of them. This team needs players with size and grit to go along with decent skills and skating not more runts IMO

Agreed! It’s ok to have a couple small guys if they can bring it. I think Hoglander will fit that mold. We need to get bigger 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Some of these guys whose draft, D+1, D+2 seasons were affected by the pandemic are in a bit of a tough spot- in Lockhart's case he missed an entire year of development in his draft year. He's obviously not the only player who lost out on development but it might be something worth considering in Lockhart's case. He was a high-pedigree kid coming in to the OHL as a 3rd overall pick in his bantam draft, with names like Wright, Othmann, Clarke, and McTavish filling out the rest of the top 5. 

Maybe an AHL deal could work.

1 hour ago, Sean Monahan said:

Some of these guys whose draft, D+1, D+2 seasons were affected by the pandemic are in a bit of a tough spot- in Lockhart's case he missed an entire year of development in his draft year. He's obviously not the only player who lost out on development but it might be something worth considering in Lockhart's case. He was a high-pedigree kid coming in to the OHL as a 3rd overall pick in his bantam draft, with names like Wright, Othmann, Clarke, and McTavish filling out the rest of the top 5. 

Maybe an AHL deal could work.

It’s okay if he proves me wrong (I hope he does for his sake) but I’ve just never seen the motor. Othmann seems to have it, for instance.
Lockhart is smart, shifty and opportunistic. He just doesn’t drive the play at this level as a twenty year old (Covid complications in mind).

Edited by zimmy
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, zimmy said:

It’s okay if he proves me wrong (I hope he does for his sake) but I’ve just never seen the motor. Othmann seems to have it, for instance.
Lockhart is smart, shifty and opportunistic. He just doesn’t drive the play at this level as a twenty year old (Covid complications in mind).

Yeah that’s fair. I’ve only watched him a couple times since we drafted him (and I’m no scout to begin with) so I’m basing this almost entirely on his past pedigree (totally infallible). 

The franchise hasn’t had a late round steal in a while so I was hoping Lockhart could be that guy. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Yeah that’s fair. I’ve only watched him a couple times since we drafted him (and I’m no scout to begin with) so I’m basing this almost entirely on his past pedigree (totally infallible). 

The franchise hasn’t had a late round steal in a while so I was hoping Lockhart could be that guy. 

Aiden McDonaugh and Kirill Kudryatsev are looking good so far, but time will tell. 

Kirill in particular looks like one of the best OHL d-men in his D+1 year. So poised and the puck is always following him/going to him. 

4 hours ago, zimmy said:

I don't think Vancouver will sign Lockhard he is 20 and should be showing much more offence to make up for his size..

Canucks will save the signing spot for another prospect..Not sure last time I looked they had 39/50 but still have to sign NHL players and some AHL contracts.. So after that they might be at 47/50.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I don't think Vancouver will sign Lockhard he is 20 and should be showing much more offence to make up for his size..

Canucks will save the signing spot for another prospect..Not sure last time I looked they had 39/50 but still have to sign NHL players and some AHL contracts.. So after that they might be at 47/50.

Nothing really lost here. Open contract spot for a more likely to hit prospect is a net gain.

• There it is 1

19 hours ago, Devron said:

I’m guessing management has had enough of small forwards 

I admit I've only seen him play once. He didn't look good in that game either. Mind you the entire Petes team looked horrible. But, he doesn't scream NHL to me. Vancouver needs to get bigger and more skilled.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Aiden McDonaugh and Kirill Kudryatsev are looking good so far, but time will tell. 

Kirill in particular looks like one of the best OHL d-men in his D+1 year. So poised and the puck is always following him/going to him. 

Yeah, those are the next ones to look to. Forsell and Silovs too. 

Edited by Sean Monahan