The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2021-22

canuck2xtreme

Pending the IR placement of Patrik Laine....

Assignment: Washington assigns Kristian Vesalainen to the AHL.

Activation: Washington activates Devon Toews and places him on the NHL roster.

Updates Lines:

Verhaeghe - Scheifele - Copp

Killorn - Kuznetsov - Nylander

Engvall - Wennberg - Kassian

Ruotsalainen - Dowd - Simmonds

Toews - Klingberg

Dermott - Gudas

Friedman - Sekera

Grubauer

Vejmelka

Extras: Holl, Ellis(inj)

12 hours ago, Crabby said:

I feel the team with "home ice advantage" in the playoffs should start with a 10pt lead. Giving them a true advantage :ph34r:

I feel like we dropped the ball on this already by eliminating points awarded for teams gaining team/player awards. So now you are suggesting as awards have no points value to add points value to teams finishing on top already ? I just dont see this as something that makes sense.

We scrapped awarding points for league awards which in multiple scenarios helped teams get into the Playoffs or improve their standing. But now we are wondering out loud if we should add points to the top teams for finishing in home ice positions ? I don't think this is a scenario we should look into as in my opinion it compromises parity especially at Playoff time.

I like the idea of a team that is ripping it up during the season but is doing so with their maybe non Playoff players, its on the GM to either be loyal to the team that got him there or build a strong Playoff presence, on the other side and it has come in to strategy before is a team that will sneak into the Playoffs but builds up its Playoff presence ( the old anything can happen in the Playoffs ). I just dont seethe 10 points as being worth the adjustment and a higher point award doesn't seem right to me.

9 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Edmonton player moves;

Assign D Eric Brannstrom

Recall F Brett Leason 

Are we allowed 15 F/6D?  If not also assign F Drew O'Connor

No waivers required on any involved

On 8/2/2021 at 7:25 PM, canuck2xtreme said:

Teams are limited to a maximum of 14 forwards, 8 defencemen or 2 goaltenders on an active roster at any one time.

That's the rule on the first page. But you could have one of your forwards on defense as an emergency call up for 7 days if your forward is playing games for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I feel like we dropped the ball on this already by eliminating points awarded for teams gaining team/player awards. So now you are suggesting as awards have no points value to add points value to teams finishing on top already ? I just dont see this as something that makes sense.

We scrapped awarding points for league awards which in multiple scenarios helped teams get into the Playoffs or improve their standing. But now we are wondering out loud if we should add points to the top teams for finishing in home ice positions ? I don't think this is a scenario we should look into as in my opinion it compromises parity especially at Playoff time.

I like the idea of a team that is ripping it up during the season but is doing so with their maybe non Playoff players, its on the GM to either be loyal to the team that got him there or build a strong Playoff presence, on the other side and it has come in to strategy before is a team that will sneak into the Playoffs but builds up its Playoff presence ( the old anything can happen in the Playoffs ). I just dont seethe 10 points as being worth the adjustment and a higher point award doesn't seem right to me.

This rule wouldn't help teams make the playoffs. Would just give them a slight advantage as the higher seed in each playoff series. Rather than having to sacrifice potentionally good assets to add depth playoff pieces.

I mean I dont mind either way. I just figured I would suggest it, as it seemed like a cool idea to me. 10pts might not be the number to go with in this scenerio, but I feel the concept would be nice. Reward teams for their season success and gives them a true home ice advantage feel. 

Not like ill have home ice advantage this year :lol: