The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If you only could only listen to one band....

bishopshodan

11 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

Henley, assuming I can have the eagles music along with him.

This raises an interesting question, as someone mentioned Clapton earlier, assuming it gave access to the Yardbirds, Cream, Derek and the Dominos, etc...

If that is how it works, I'd change my choice to the Beatles, because this (theoretically) lets me listen to the solo stuff of all four, Wings, Travelling Wilburys, and thanks to Ringo's All-Star band, Journey, Santana (Gregg Rolie), Toto (Steve Lukather), Mr. Mister (Richard Page), Men at Work (Colin Hay) David Lee Roth Band, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai and ELO (Greg Bissonette), Kansas (Warren Ham), Eagles (Joe Walsh), The Band (Levon Helm and Rick Danko), Bruce Springsteen (Nils Lofgren and Clarence Clemons), The Guess Who (Burton Cummings), Poco (Timothy B. Schmidt), BTO (Randy Bachman), The Who (John Entwistle), Bad Company (Simon Kirke), Peter Frampton, Dave Edmunds and Todd Rundgren....(probably missing a few others as well)

I think I'm set...B):metal:

35 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

This raises an interesting question, as someone mentioned Clapton earlier, assuming it gave access to the Yardbirds, Cream, Derek and the Dominos, etc...

If that is how it works, I'd change my choice to the Beatles, because this (theoretically) lets me listen to the solo stuff of all four, Wings, Travelling Wilburys, and thanks to Ringo's All-Star band, Journey, Santana (Gregg Rolie), Toto (Steve Lukather), Mr. Mister (Richard Page), Men at Work (Colin Hay) David Lee Roth Band, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai and ELO (Greg Bissonette), Kansas (Warren Ham), Eagles (Joe Walsh), The Band (Levon Helm and Rick Danko), Bruce Springsteen (Nils Lofgren and Clarence Clemons), The Guess Who (Burton Cummings), Poco (Timothy B. Schmidt), BTO (Randy Bachman), The Who (John Entwistle), Bad Company (Simon Kirke), Peter Frampton, Dave Edmunds and Todd Rundgren....(probably missing a few others as well)

I think I'm set...B):metal:

I think you'd have to go with one member of the band, that gets that band and all the stuff that member did with other people.

So George, Ringo or Paul; but I'm not sure if you'd have to declare the real, original Paul, or this replacement guy. :)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, gurn said:

I think you'd have to go with one member of the band, that gets that band and all the stuff that member did with other people.

So George, Ringo or Paul; but I'm not sure if you'd have to declare the real, original Paul, or this replacement guy. :)

If I get all the connections to Ringo, that's who I'd take....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Since the question is ONE band......

I would go with

Blue Rodeo

or

Jimmy Buffett and The Choral Reefer Band.

or

The Beatles

Blue Rodeo is such a good band, good choice.

I'd like them to do at least 2 more albums, but the break between albums is getting quite long. 6 years since their last. :(

They are on my list of groups I want to see in concert.

14 minutes ago, gurn said:

Blue Rodeo is such a good band, good choice.

I'd like them to do at least 2 more albums, but the break between albums is getting quite long. 6 years since their last. :(

They are on my list of groups I want to see in concert.

They are going to record a new album next year I believe.  I have probably seen them 20 times in  concert.  They actually sound better live.

When  they used to come to the Malkin Bowl in Vancouver .....Bob Egan used to come to the bar and drink with our group as he knew one of the females.

He used to be in Wilco so I asked him how that was one night.  We would stay in he same hotel as the band.

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Upvote 1

Propagandhi easily. 
30 years of albums that all have a great progression over the years.  
Brilliant song writing, lyrics, and musicianship.  
From angry pop punk, to skate punk masters, to innovators of this new prog rock/punk rock hybrid, they have been a joy to watch for the last 25 years of my life.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Propagandhi easily. 
30 years of albums that all have a great progression over the years.  
Brilliant song writing, lyrics, and musicianship.  
From angry pop punk, to skate punk masters, to innovators of this new prog rock/punk rock hybrid, they have been a joy to watch for the last 25 years of my life.  

Great choice Brother.

They are one of my fave bands.

As you state they have a bit of a varied sound based around a punk ethos.

Had victory lap in the car for a few years now.

As they state pro- feminist-gay positive-animal friendly-anti fascist.

• Like 1