The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Tough to argue against those top two lines and Green seems to like that second line so far.  But man......Bo, the captain, keeps getting the short end of the deal with his line.  The guy has the most reasonable contract in place and hasn't complained about his line.  He produces despite not having great help.  He's definitely taken the Sedin teachings to heart.  I really hope he's given a chance to be the best he can be.  For now, I'm hoping for the season to have:

Miller-Petterson-Boeser

Hoglander-Bo-Garland

Pods-Dickenson-Motte

Pearson-Sutter-Gadj

$3M/yr fourth liner in Pearson is a bit crazy, I'd agree.  Perhaps Podz starts there and works his way up to the third line if he takes it.  The greatest part of this though is we're starting to see two very good first lines and some very good players down in the lineup.  With injuries, Pearson moves up.

Yeah...Pearson ain't playing on the 4th line lol.

39 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

:lol: 

Wow, missing two passes in a row, that's much worse than performing badly in a bag skate. Well I guess it's another year in the AHL for Rathbone.

Sad, as I had hopes for the guy.                                                                    more s/

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

So, hypothetically, are we better off with Hamonic for 50 games (it’s pretty much like he’s injured for the games he misses) than not having him at all?  

Hard one really. In theory it could work but in reality the distraction would be a nightmare.

• Vintage 1

Is there a thread somewhere that provides all of the negative news going on with the other NHL teams?

That would be a nice distraction from what's happening with the Canucks. There's gotta be other teams going through this kind of mess, right?  (other than OTT)

• Haha 1