Canucks Community

[Proposal] 3 team trade Van-NJ-Phoenix Blockbuster

Trade proposals for your consideration:

Trade 1: To Vancouver: Bahl, 2022 1st unprotected, 2022 2nd

To New Jersey: Huggy

Trade 2: To Vancouver: Dahlin, 2022 1st unprotected

To Buffalo: Petey     

Trade 3: To Vancouver: Chychrun, Kessel    

To Phoenix: NJ 1st 2022, Hamonic, Sutter, Nic Petan, Hugo Gabrielson

The above would fill out our defense.  Garland and Kessel additions won't replace Petey but will soften the loss. 

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 1

On 9/28/2021 at 3:48 PM, gaptoothpugnosebigchin said:

The above would fill out our defense.  Garland and Kessel additions won't replace Petey but will soften the loss. 

To Buffalo:  Pettersson + Keller

To Arizona:  Eichel + Hughes

To Canucks:  Cozens + Chychrun + Henri Jokiharju

Hoglander-Horvat-Boeser
Miller-Cozens-Podkolzin

Pearson -Dickinson-Garland

Motte-Sutter-Highmore

Gadjovich

Chychrun-Myers

OEL-Poolman

Rathbone-Jokiharju

Schenn

Demko

Halak

Edited by Patel Bure

On 9/28/2021 at 3:48 PM, gaptoothpugnosebigchin said:

As gurn said, ups for being in the right place with your first post; I didn't even know there were different 'places' with my first post; just started typing (a report from Edler's first training camp).

And as bigbadcanucks said, your proposal wasn't being discussed much, and I am hopeless in trade proposals, so I'll bite.

First, I had to look Bahl up, and I think we could get a lot more out of Jersey than Bahl, a 1st, and a 2nd for the Third Amigo.

Second, I'm not sure we could get Dahlin and a 1st for Petey; nor am I sure I want to let Pettersson go.

Third, I do not want, did not want, and will not want, any part of Mrs. Kessel on the team; Chychrun, ok, but does Arizona (was Phoenix) want that draft pick enough to lose him?

Gabrielson is intriguing I guess, but are not the rest just dumping more of our problems on Arizona, so why do they do this?

I'm not attacking you, nor your proposal, I'm just trying to figure it out for myself, and give you my thoughts.

Under your proposal, if all parties agree, we give up Petey and Huggy, and perhaps Gabrielson;

and we get Bahl (big, young, LD), Dahlin, Chychrun, and Buffalo's 1st. 

We also get to dump Hamonic (if the idea here is that he is a problem cuz not in camp, may not play this year), and Sutter (even tho on a good contract this year, vet, etc).

Arizona gets  Gabrielson, Hamonic and Sutter, and might use AHL Petan in the NHL, NJ's 1st, gets to dump Mrs. Kessel, and loses Chychrun.

Bottom line, for me, if trading Petey and Quinn, would include a lot more from Jersey, maybe do the Dahlin deal, and just consider getting Chychrun and perhaps 'dumping' Hamonic and Sutter, without taking Kessel.

That's my take for what it's worth.

Welcome to CDC.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the comments - even the wat(s) :)  Although I have been a fan since Otto's kick in, I am new at this trade business.  I do not recall if Sega '94 had trades but believe me Brett Hull from the dot was money.  Forgive me if my thinking is simple.

My opinion is if the agent is meddling now and/or our stars want to see brighter lights, move them to teams that want them so we can move on.  I want our players to be proud to be a Canuck and driven to bring a cup to us.  If we have to cut our losses, so be it.  

Trade 1: could we get more for Huggy?  Maybe from NJ and from other teams that have cap space.  I thought NJ solely because of the brother connection. 

Trade 2: Initially I thought we needed to add i.e. OJ or Hamonic but concluded due to my homerism that Petey is worth it.

Trade 3: Good comment from above - why would Arizona do this? I thought to shed $$$ to reach floor but looking at the proposal again we may have to add a roster player or a strong prospect.  Still don't know if this is strong enough.    

I personally want to see EP and QH signed in VAN, but happy to discuss the value of any proposal, cuz it's just for fun.

Trade 1: I think we could get more for Hughes 

Trade 2: I don't think the value is too far off, but Dahlin is likely untouchable for BUF

Trade 3: Chychrun is definitely untouchable for ARI

• Like 1