The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2021-22

Nail

1 hour ago, Gator said:

Penguins are pleased to announce the hiring of @Ilunga as AGM!

Can't wait to build this squad with you!

A true cdc fantasy gm veteran. I'm very curious to see the direction you guys go working in tandem. I have to do admit having someone to work with is really enriching to the gm experience.

Best of luck fellas and welcome @Ilunga

Edited by Rush17
  • Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

10 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Hope you're well and the last five years didn't scarr ya too much. Welcome.

I remember you well brother. 

If my crappy memory is correct you were also a member of our sub forum 

whatthenuck 

My very first username was puckinloveicehockey 

All I will say is I wouldn't want what happened to me, to happen to anyone.

On 7/10/2022 at 4:38 PM, Nail said:

We have a trade to announce...

To DET - Jakub Vrana, Fyodor Svechkov, Nolan Allan, SJS 2024 1st Round Pick
To SJS - Sidney Crosby (50% retained by Detroit in 2022-23 and 2023-24 seasons), Curtis Douglas

2 hours ago, Nail said:

We have a trade to announce...

To CBJ - Oliver Bjorkstrand, SJS 2024 2nd Round Pick, SJS 2024 5th Round Pick
To SJS - Blake Wheeler, CBJ 2024 3rd Round Pick

Alright, first thing first, welcome Crosby and Wheeler to the Sharks organization. We couldn't be more excited to have them.

Thanks @winterhawks and especially @Dabeast for business-like negotiations. Crosby's name first came up maybe a little over a month ago and talks with Detroit were extensive from there - we must have discussed just about every roster player on the Red Wings. The Wheeler deal cam together a lot quicker.

Funny thing is initially we saw Wheeler as a competing offer and thought we could only do one, but once we got the retention on Crosby we realized it might be a possibility to do both. At the time the deal with Detroit was completed there was a couple pending UFAs we were focused on, but when both went off the market at the last minute, we shifted our focus to doing a trade. We'll still be kicking tires on some minor things, but we expect our roster is 90% locked in for the next two years.

We're a little nervous about all the assets we gave up for a couple players in the twilight of their careers, but both can still play at a high level, and we're still pretty comfortable about the future of the franchise: we're all in for the next two years, and then probably take a re-tooling year before trying to reload for the last two years of Barkov and DeBrincat's contracts. We like the core we have in place going forward, led by those two plus Thompson, Eklund, Toews, Severson, Fabbro, Durzi, Vejmelka. On top of that we have a handful of prospects we expect will play games and contribute for us over the next two years and then hopefully become regular roster players for the next phase: Ohgren, Jarventie, McCartney, Walsh, Mitchell, Soderblom.

Now come on NHL Avs, get that Wheeler deal done! They could fit the contract for next season if they moved Johnson and Compher, but would need retention for the following year. Fingers crossed.

Edited by HighOnHockey
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1