The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks @ Oilers Oct 7th 6 PM

Rate this topic

ForzaTikare

8 minutes ago, runtzguy said:

Yeah, Chiasson's only appeal is that he is a big body that can stand in front of the net. But he can't skate so no thanks

Chiasson is great on PP though. We need someone to screen the goalie and he does his job well.

• Upvote 1

If anything?

MacEwen should challenge Puljujarvi for his slewfoot. And give McDavid a whack for high sticking Petey, tackling Petan. 

If Nurse answers the bell, so be it. But bust those guys chops  a cpl times, let em' know about it first!

Edited by Canuck Surfer

30 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I gotta say this PGT even tho we lost is more positive then 90% of the ones where we win lol.

The only thing missing besides the win was Podz getting his first point but man it's obvious how skilled he is and you literally see him emerging right in front of our eyes and the last two games were against full rosters.

I gotta believe Shaw has had some effect on the team because 2 straight games we've been severely outmanned but have been the better team 5 on 5.

I noticed as well the forwards are staying back more giving the D better options to get the puck out.

last season we would be hemmed in for a long while only to ice the puck and do it all over again.

Well look at our lineup vs. Oilers lineup. Also Oilers had 2 two man advantage PPs that were more than 1 minute long. I think we did really well, and had 37 shots. Halak was really good too. Now I want Green to start our opening night roster in the last game

• Cheers 1

Justin Bailey was pretty good out there, had some good defensive plays and won some puck battles. 

Petan's getting more comfortable out there with our top 6.  I think he's the 7th forward in the top 6, if that makes any sense. 

9 minutes ago, Rabid Rooster said:

I sure hope Gadj gets waived. It’s the only way to get on our team.

I think you made a wrong turn, the Debbie downers are gathered at the dump known as HFcanucks.

Nothing wrong with being critical but all your posts are just negative nonsense that do nothing to create actual dialogue. What's the point?

• Cheers 3

9 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Chiasson is great on PP though. We need someone to screen the goalie and he does his job well.

Gadjovich...too soon!? haha.

Much younger and home grown draft pick, so hell no we can't give a prospect a shot with the big club, gotta bring in small F's and a pto to block his path.

I will guarantee the Canucks will NEVER win the Cup with the current GM and Coach. If your such a JB homer send me a PM and lets make a $100 bill bet on it!!!

8 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

If anything?

MacEwen should challenge Puljujarvi for his slewfoot. And give McDavid a whack for high sticking Petey, tackling Petan. 

If Nurse answers the bell, so be it. But bust those guys chops  a cpl times, let em' know about it first!

Enforcer Petan and Dries to the rescue...

6 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I think you made a wrong turn, the Debbie downers are gathered at the dump known as HFcanucks.

Nothing wrong with being critical but all your posts are just negative nonsense that do nothing to create actual dialogue. What's the point?

Truth hurts?

10 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Justin Bailey was pretty good out there, had some good defensive plays and won some puck battles. 

Petan's getting more comfortable out there with our top 6.  I think he's the 7th forward in the top 6, if that makes any sense. 

Agreed. 

Really liked Bailey's game. I kind of expected it because I liked it last year too. 

Petan can probably fill in top 6 in a pinch. I thought he had a pretty good game tonight. 

1 hour ago, Pure961089 said:

Green couldn’t put that line together because he’d have nothing to fill the other 3 lines with.   

He has Horvat, Hoglander, Garland, Petan, Pearson, Podkolzin etc. etc.

He has lots of options, I dont get your post??

But I can see Petersson carrying his own line and wont need Miller.

Garland-Pettersson-Boeser

Hoglander-Horvat-Pearson

Petan-Miller-Podkolzin

Lockwood-Dickenson-Chiasson/Bailey

We could definitely have 3 scoring lines

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I didn’t realize the Canucks had so many regulars missing. They did well

but the pk is a concern.

The PK did very well against the number 1 PP in the league. Especially when Oilers had 100PPs and 2 two man advantages.Giving up 2 is really good against those odds.