The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New York Rangers at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 02, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

I hope so too.  Hopefully this win turns it around for the Canucks and they end this homestand on a good run.  

Miller doesn’t get enough credit on this team. His intensity is a bit over the top at times but he drives the bus for us most nights. 
The second effort on the winner and celly were pure gold. 

Edited by bad alice french
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Viper007 said:

Personally I've seen the Canucks play better every season except for last in an anomaly of a season.  If you don't like what they're doing, I suggest you stop watching.  Cause you're definitely not letting other fans enjoy games with your condescending statements.

I am pretty sure I have been watching the Canucks longer than you. 40+ years. Maybe that is why my expectations are higher for my team than people so afraid of trying something new that they cling for dear life to mediocrity and a losing culture, which comes down to Benning and Greens leadership.  

If my comments bother you, block me. Don’t tell others how to be a fan. Or that they don’t have the right to be one. That’s a typical response of someone who can’t accept that, in actual fact, the biggest fans are often the ones who are willing to criticize the team. It’s easy to be supportive of everything the team does with no independent thought.

Its harder to actually understand hockey enough to demand more.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Like I said, they had 12 min of pp time. Generating shots with that many minutes is pretty easy.

The only constant with this team is that they take mostly perimeter, low percentage shots, fail to generate much off the rush due to the dump and change style, and they regularly lose races and board battles.

Not sure what 5 years of Canucks hockey you have been watching.

26 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Dump and change offensive hockey is not a good system in minor hockey let alone the nhl.

They had 12 min of PP time. It stands to reason they should generate some shots.

Outplaying them? In what way? They were still giving up pucks by dumping and not chasing, losing races and puck battles all game long, and were passive and scramble defensively.

Sure sounds like a fantastic system.

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I didn’t say they didn’t generate shots. Clearly you misread what I said.

I said with 12 min of pp it’s a given that they would generate shots. What team wouldn’t with that much pp time. As in, generating shots means little if you can’t actually score on them and if they are mostly in the crest weak low percentage shots which this team has basically trademarked at this point.

Wow .... moving goal posts I see.  As you can see as I bolded it .... It stands to reason they should generate some shots.  Then you come back with.  Generating shots with that many minutes is pretty easy.  And now you claim that you didn't say they didn't generate shots?  Caught in your own web of lies.

7 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Like I said, they had 12 min of pp time. Generating shots with that many minutes is pretty easy.

The only constant with this team is that they take mostly perimeter, low percentage shots, fail to generate much off the rush due to the dump and change style, and they regularly lose races and board battles.

Not sure what 5 years of Canucks hockey you have been watching.

Puck luck counts as well. As the old saying goes, "If the Canucks didn't have bad luck, they'd have no luck at all". The last couple of games, the Canucks have looked much better. As an old coach myself, I constantly yell "Shoot the puck!" while they're on the PP, but shots they are taking are missing the mark on many occasions!

• Vintage 1

Just now, ABNucksfan said:

Perimeter shots that the goalie can see and 2 shots average per power play and 0 goals isn’t great stats on the pp

They had some decent chances with a post by Garland too.

Edited by Viper007

Just now, Viper007 said:

Wow .... moving goal posts I see.  As you can see as I bolded it .... It stands to reason they should generate some shots.  Then you come back with.  Generating shots with that many minutes is pretty easy.  And now you claim that you didn't say they didn't generate shots?  Caught in your own web of lies.

Ya, it stands to reason they should generate shots. And they did. Yet it resulted in nothing like usual.

You clearly don’t understand the point I made there. I already explained it once do you need me to again?

4 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

That big hit Podz threw!!! 

Inspiring play by the kid!! 

He’s for real. Heavy shot. Super strong and still growing. Just a kid. 
Really pumped on Podz. 

btw who does he remind you of?

I can’t think of an obvious comparable. 
hossa

radulov. 

Edited by bad alice french
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, robr1can said:

Puck luck counts as well. As the old saying goes, "If the Canucks didn't have bad luck, they'd have no luck at all". The last couple of games, the Canucks have looked much better. As an old coach myself, I constantly yell "Shoot the puck!" while they're on the PP, but shots they are taking are missing the mark on many occasions!

Being a coach: what is your take on Green as a coach ?

Just now, Viper007 said:

They had some decent chances with a post by Garland too.

I really think the 1st pp unit needs a remake. Pettersson demoted and possibly boeser,  garland up, no more chaisson either. Move the puck and actually play desperate, like they need to score. Not waiting foe the perfect shot because clearly it not working. 

• Vintage 1

The Canucks power play is garbage.

Hughes needs to be replaced by OEL who can actually hit the net and shoot the puck harder than a u15 player. 

Miller needs to be replaced by Garland, pretty much the only forward who can gain the zone with speed in any scenario.

Would not even mind seeing EP moved down for Podkolzin. At least he shoots and can hit the net when he does.

Chiasson needs to go too. Horvat is pretty good at net front. Roll with Horvat, Garland, Boeser, EP or Hoglander, and OEL. Get some urgency on that unit.

Edited by wallstreetamigo

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I am pretty sure I have been watching the Canucks longer than you. 40+ years. Maybe that is why my expectations are higher for my team than people so afraid of trying something new that they cling for dear life to mediocrity and a losing culture, which comes down to Benning and Greens leadership.  

If my comments bother you, block me. Don’t tell others how to be a fan. Or that they don’t have the right to be one. That’s a typical response of someone who can’t accept that, in actual fact, the biggest fans are often the ones who are willing to criticize the team. It’s easy to be supportive of everything the team does with no independent thought.

Its harder to actually understand hockey enough to demand more.

I criticize when needed.  I suggested they should use Brock on the left boards instead of JT Miller.  I really enjoyed the season before last when the Canucks were more offensive.  That's what I enjoyed.  And guess what .... that was a Green coached team.  I much prefer this system over Desjardins, or Tortorellas.  AVs systems were definitely the best out of all of them.  

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

Hughes needs to be replaced by OEL who can actually hit the net and shoot the puck harder than a u15 player. 

Miller needs to be replaced by Garland, pretty much the only forward who can gain the zone with speed in any scenario.

Would not even mind seeing EP moved down for Podkolzin. At least he shoots and can hit the net when he does.

I thought you watched the game ..... OEL did replace Hughes for a couple of the PPs.  And guess what, they didn't score either.  In fact, it didn't look very dangerous at all with OEL on the point.  

I would change Chaisson with JT Miller as the net front presence with Brock on the left half wall as the other one-timer threat with Petey on the other side and Horvat as the bumper.

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

OEL also has a long reach and can keep the puck in better than huggs. Put hughes down low (for passing) with miller or horvat in front, boeser playing left side for the one T

2 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

I criticize when needed.  I suggested they should use Brock on the left boards instead of JT Miller.  I really enjoyed the season before last when the Canucks were more offensive.  That's what I enjoyed.  And guess what .... that was a Green coached team.  I much prefer this system over Desjardins, or Tortorellas.  AVs systems were definitely the best out of all of them.  

That was also before he coached the creativity out of them. The problem is how he coaches them to play does not fit with their strengths and does not allow for that offensive creativity they previously showed.

Miller to Hughes to EP. No shot or miss the net. Rinse and repeat.