The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New York Rangers at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 02, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

14 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I think Green gets in their head and makes them afraid to make a mistake. 

Makes them grip their sticks too hard. 

Try the bounce pass play on the PP for goodness sake. 

Good take and this makes a ton of sense based on the on ice product.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

Man tough crowd in here lol I’m not a fan of Green but I’ll give credit where credit is due, Canucks played their best game of the season tonight and haven’t been scored on 5 on 5 in 2 straight games now. Green and Shaw get credit for that. They’ve struggled offensively but I thought they had a lot of good chances and made some really nice plays in the first 40 minutes. They broke through in the third and tied the game with some really nice plays. Great game by the whole team including the coaches.

Canucks outplayed the rangers for the full 60 tonight.

Edited by Petey40
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I think Green gets in their head and makes them afraid to make a mistake. 

Makes them grip their sticks too hard. 

Try the bounce pass play on the PP for goodness sake. 

They have exactly one sequence they use over and over. Miller to Hughes to Petey. Rinse and repeat.

Well, two sequences I guess. Miller to Hughes to EP back to Hughes for a hybrid muffin/rainbow arced shot that misses the net.

• Vintage 1

People saying Pettersson is playing like an AHL player need to get a grip. He got an assist and several scoring chances. His shot isn't where it should be, but if Shesterkin didn't get a piece of that one timer that hit the crossbar, he would have got a goal.
As frustrating as our power play was to watch, Shesterkin deserves some credit for blanking us. 

Edited by Nave
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

Newell Brown needed to go. Replacing him with King though was like firing Einstein and replacing him with Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys.

Canucks need a threat to score on the left side of the PP.  Miller isn't a threat to score from that side.  Garland unfortunately can't shoot it as well as Brock can.  They need that one timer option or a hard accurate shooter which should be Brock.

Podz scored the tying goal and threw six hits in 7:04, the rest of the forwards combined had eight hits. 

Dunno what the hell Green's deal is, he's clearly effective in the minutes he gets. Perhaps he should get more. Podz was the only player on the team with fewer than ten minutes.

#FreePodz 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dixon Ward said:

I think they are just putting it together.  Last game and this game they have played well.  Hamonic and Schenn hammering guys on the 3rd pairing.  The d is looking better and better.  The o is getting its spark. Goaltending is all world.  

Go Canucks Go!

I love Schenn and how he stands up guys and neutralizes rushes. But I really like Burrs speed. Burr has good physical play too, but not as good a fighter as Schenn. 

Just now, Viper007 said:

Canucks need a threat to score on the left side of the PP.  Miller isn't a threat to score from that side.  Garland unfortunately can't shoot it as well as Brock can.  They need that one timer option or a hard accurate shooter which should be Brock.

The problem isn’t so much that they don’t have a threat there. It’s that they have completely abandoned even pretending it might be an option or a threat. If you watch how teams PK against us, it’s absolute bush league coaching that could allow an opposing PK unit the opportunity to cheat that much to limit one option and effectively shut down the whole pp.

A few years back, one timers and snipes were threats from both sides. That’s a huge difference now.

They need both sides and a potential shot from the point to be considered options by the pk. And they need to move around to pull guys out of the box.

1 minute ago, Dixon Ward said:

I think they are just putting it together.  Last game and this game they have played well.  Hamonic and Schenn hammering guys on the 3rd pairing.  The d is looking better and better.  The o is getting its spark. Goaltending is all world.  

Go Canucks Go!

Hope this is a start of a nice little win streak here.  Just to calm all these negative nancy's here.  I expect it to be brutal when the Canucks lose, because usually most of the trolls come out then, but not when we win and looked decent with a nice comeback.  Can't please everybody.  Especially the trolls.

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Podz scored the tying goal and threw six hits in 7:04, the rest of the forwards combined had eight hits. 

Dunno what the hell Green's deal is, he's clearly effective in the minutes he gets. Perhaps he should get more. Podz was the only player on the team with fewer than ten minutes.

#FreePodz 

Too many special teams.  He's not on the PP or the PK which really limits his ice time.