The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 21, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, khay said:

Yeah, I don't understand the reasoning there.

Like, the reason why you blend the lines is to find a combo that works... and when he found one...

I think one thing that is obvious now is that Garland and Podkolzin can get anyone going. You put Horvat, Miller, EP, Dickinson, or even Lammikko and they would still generate chances.

I think Garland-x-Podkolzin is our real first line.

x-EP-Boeser is a decoy first line to draw out the opposition's best players.

Horvat line is just a match up line at this point. Hoglander's offensive capabilities are being wasted on that line. Horvat and Pearson don't have any idea on how to provide puck support and maintain puck possession to increase offensive zone time. Hoglander is just alone out there every shift.

Next game lines should be:

Garland-Miller-Podkolzin (da real 1st line)

Hoglander-EP-Boeser (decoy 1st line)

Pearson-Horvat-Dickinson (checking line)

Motte-Motte-Motte

Or switch up Motte and Dickinson.

I've been disappointed with Horvat's play as of late. He doesn't look like a top 6 player. Playing with Pearson has made him play like... Pearson.

This might be the best description of what has happened to Horvat that I have ever seen on CDC.

If one of Garland, Podkolzin, or Hoglander were a center, that would be my first line. 

Edited by wallstreetamigo

Just now, N4ZZY said:

and this is really strange, because they used to play together with Miller, aka Lotto Line. How is it that their chemistry has now just suddenly fallen off the cliff? 

Because it was Peteys chem with miller than drove that line.   Its always been obvious.  Boeser is too soft and not quick enough.  Petey needs podz on that rw. 

2 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Hes never been a perimeter player.  Theres a lot about this team which doesnt make sense.  

Yeah, exactly. But what is the reason for his change of game? How did Bo go from driving the net, and being a player that plays in the tough areas, to being a player that plays on the perimeter and not doing the things that was a staple of his game? Is that on Green or another reason(s)? 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, khay said:

Yeah, I don't understand the reasoning there.

Like, the reason why you blend the lines is to find a combo that works... and when he found one...

I think one thing that is obvious now is that Garland and Podkolzin can get anyone going. You put Horvat, Miller, EP, Dickinson, or even Lammikko and they would still generate chances.

I think Garland-x-Podkolzin is our real first line.

x-EP-Boeser is a decoy first line to draw out the opposition's best players.

Horvat line is just a match up line at this point. Hoglander's offensive capabilities are being wasted on that line. Horvat and Pearson don't have any idea on how to provide puck support and maintain puck possession to increase offensive zone time. Hoglander is just alone out there every shift.

Next game lines should be:

Garland-Miller-Podkolzin (da real 1st line)

Hoglander-EP-Boeser (decoy 1st line)

Pearson-Horvat-Dickinson (checking line)

Motte-Motte-Motte

Or switch up Motte and Dickinson.

I've been disappointed with Horvat's play as of late. He doesn't look like a top 6 player. Playing with Pearson has made him play like... Pearson.

You might want to send Aquaman, your resume for an Asst position...

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

Because it was Peteys chem with miller than drove that line.   Its always been obvious.  Boeser is too soft and not quick enough.  Petey needs podz on that rw. 

So how do you explain EP winning the Calder with no Miller and mostly Boeser on his line? 

5 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

and this is really strange, because they used to play together with Miller, aka Lotto Line. How is it that their chemistry has now just suddenly fallen off the cliff? 

Because there is no imagination in how they play because they are playing Green's system... there is no puck support... its all 1 on 3 or dump it in... or three abreast crossing the blue line with no option for a drop pass and no cut to the middle... and it ends up perimeter.

Pettersson is being forced to play a cycle game and he is not built for it.  That's why you see him fall down a lot when he's fighting along the boards.  Pettersson needs to be playing an open ice game where his scoring chances come off the rush, in the center of the ice, criss cross, button hook, drop pass to a trailer... etc.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah, exactly. But what is the reason for his change of game? How did Bo go from driving the net, and being a player that plays in the tough areas, to being a player that plays on the perimeter and not doing the things that was a staple of his game? Is that on Green or another reason(s)? 

Something is seriously wrong with this team and it is more than coaching...

2 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Yeah? Well I've watched as many games as possible for 52 years and I'm still here. You think this is bad? You don't even know.

It's bad enough for me. You should've gotten out while you still could.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

So how do you explain EP winning the Calder with no Miller and mostly Boeser on his line? 

EP won the Calder because he was scoring on the rush... because he was driving a line which allowed creativity 5 on 5 and he hadn't had it beaten out of him yet by Green's system.

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

ettersson is being forced to play a cycle game and he is not built for it.  That's why you see him fall down a lot when he's fighting along the boards.  Pettersson needs to be playing an open ice game where his scoring chances come off the rush, in the center of the ice, criss cross, button hook, drop pass to a trailer... etc.

If the cycle game doesn't suit one of your star players, then maybe the coach needs to adapt his system and strategy so that his star players can thrive. That makes sense to me, doesn't it? 

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I have an idea.  Play Horvat with Podkolzin and Garland.  Keep the Lotto line as the decoy line.  Horvat will get out of his slump and we would be playing with 2 #1 lines.

The 3rd line you can have Pearson  Dickinson  Hoglander.  I would try this out for a full game.

Why do you hate Hoglander? Playing with Pearson has turned Horvat into a shell of his former self. 

Lots of shots from the outside; MAF played great; and still lots of issues to fix.   The obvious move, is to try this roster with a different staff and it is baffling, a trade is being considered - but I understand: cause it is too early, to admit that re signing Green to a 2yr extension was a mistake.  

Desperstion trade coming - hope not 

2 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Something is seriously wrong with this team and it is more than coaching...

Well, I think it's management as well and the way they've treated players (past). Those kinds of things spill over. I don't understnad how this management team is so unintelligent in that area and how they don't understand. Their incompetence and their toxic culture has ruined this organization down to their players. Everyone has to go. Benning, Weisbrod, Green, Baumgartner, King, etc.

Replace them with competent people and turn this $&!# show around. Because enough is enough already. Holy &^@#. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

EP won the Calder because he was scoring on the rush... because he was driving a line which allowed creativity 5 on 5 and he hadn't had it beaten out of him yet by Green's system.

I kinda agree with this because when ep and Boeser are together 3v3 they show great creativity and attack the net.  They aren’t afraid to think out of the box and they usually dominate.  I get the feeling they have the green light to do what  they want ias opposed to playing the system 

5v5 they dump in too much and neither of them are particularly good at puck retrieval 

1 minute ago, davidgoliath said:

Some people questioning the system.

My first question, is there a system?

Second, if so, what is it?

Come on, man. You don't know? 

Dump and &^@#ing chase.

Edited by N4ZZY
  • Haha 1