The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

7 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

I mean, he did say potential franchise. But the laugh at the end seems a little rude. This is a 20 year old kids future we're talking about (and a fellow BC boy at that). I feel like that warrants a little compassion for the situation. But that's just me.

Wasn't laughing about Byram... was laughing at the poster lol

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Wasn't laughing about Byram... was laughing at the poster lol

But why? Didn't they say Byram is potentially a franchise defensemen? Byram, in my opinion is the best defensive prospect in the league. I think he has franchise potential for sure.

3 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

But why? Didn't they say Byram is potentially a franchise defensemen? Byram, in my opinion is the best defensive prospect in the league. I think he has franchise potential for sure.

Like I said to that poster as well, wait until he plays again before talking about franchise defenceman. 

Crosby had 2 or 3 concussions over the course of his career.

Byram has had 3 in his first 2 seasons and was contemplating quitting hockey altogether less than 6 months ago. 

I laugh because it's setting an unbelievably high bar for someone that has his health concerns ahead of everything else.  Is he gonna just step right back into the league as basically a rookie again and light it up?  I have serious doubts.

EDIT:  Based on how he has reacted so far going to his mom and dad, and telling them he can't do this anymore tells me he doesn't have the same mental fortitude as Sidney Crosby either.

Edited by HKSR

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Many many players come back from serious concussions with no adverse affects, let's not automatically write someone's career off

Literally?

Crosby.  Maybe Mitchell.

How many don't?

Byram at this point in time is valueless based on his actual injury history and should be more of an addition and not a centrepiece.  id as soon take a 2nd as I would Byram in a trade regardless of his draft pedigree and "potential"

But that would be the Canuck luck manifesting itself eh?  Get Byram back as the key point in a trade.  He looks good, he looks healthy oh FFS Lucic/Kassian with the big hit...now he is licking frost off the window and giggling to himself because his reflection is smiling at him

16 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Based on how he has reacted so far going to his mom and dad, and telling them he can't do this anymore tells me he doesn't have the same mental fortitude as Sidney Crosby either.

Woah, what a strange conclusion to reach.

Have you  compared both player's medical reports, symptoms, who was treating them?

What the difference in treatments was/is?

Time between concussions?

Severity of concussions?

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

Andrew Alberts

Chris Pronger

2 that couldn't come back from a concussion.

Michael Ferland

Eric Lindros

Paul Kariya

Pat Lafontaine

Marc Savard

Keith Primeau

Adam Deadmarsh

Peter Mueller

Matthew Barnaby

Geoff Courtnall

etc etc

The list is VERY long vs the list of players that came back to have SUCCESSFUL careers after major and multiple concussions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

Woah, what a strange conclusion to reach.

Have you  compared both player's medical reports, symptoms, who was treating them?

What the difference in treatments was/is?

Time between concussions?

Severity of concussions?

Does it matter?  Crosby came out and spoke to media directly during his concussion years.  Byram has had mom and dad speak to media. 

11 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Michael Ferland

Eric Lindros

Paul Kariya

Pat Lafontaine

Marc Savard

Keith Primeau

Adam Deadmarsh

Peter Mueller

Matthew Barnaby

Geoff Courtnall

etc etc

The list is VERY long vs the list of players that came back to have SUCCESSFUL careers after major and multiple concussions.

I know what your saying I suspect theres a number of guys that would be unsuccessful given the modern medical standards and protocols....

4 minutes ago, Westcoastcanucks777 said:

I know what your saying I suspect theres a number of guys that would be unsuccessful given the modern medical standards and protocols....

That's fair... but man, I have a hard time thinking of many NHLers in general that have come back from serious concussions to lead a really good NHL career other than Crosby.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, HKSR said:

That's fair... but man, I have a hard time thinking of many NHLers in general that have come back from serious concussions to lead a really good NHL career other than Crosby.

But I can't help thinking to roll the dice might pay off nicely have a all star Brian Leetch type guy poor little Quinn would be on his way out through? 

50 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Like I said to that poster as well, wait until he plays again before talking about franchise defenceman. 

Crosby had 2 or 3 concussions over the course of his career.

Byram has had 3 in his first 2 seasons and was contemplating quitting hockey altogether less than 6 months ago. 

I laugh because it's setting an unbelievably high bar for someone that has his health concerns ahead of everything else.  Is he gonna just step right back into the league as basically a rookie again and light it up?  I have serious doubts.

EDIT:  Based on how he has reacted so far going to his mom and dad, and telling them he can't do this anymore tells me he doesn't have the same mental fortitude as Sidney Crosby either.

Dahlen had around 3-4 concussions before he joined the Sharks again.

So if a really good player had 3 it’s not a problem. :bigblush:

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

When we speak of Byram/Newhook/1st for Miller.  What exactly is wrong with that?  I'd personally put far less value on Byram than I would Barron simply based on position, health and size

That's the package I want from Colorado as well. Barron, Newhook and their 23 first. Probably need some cap back in the too (Compher?). For Miller ($1m retained) + Motte.

15 minutes ago, Westcoastcanucks777 said:

But I can't help thinking to roll the dice might pay off nicely have a all star Brian Leetch type guy poor little Quinn would be on his way out through? 

Are you suggesting Byram would bump Hughes out of the Canucks lineup???

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

That's the package I want from Colorado as well. Barron, Newhook and their 23 first. Probably need some cap back in the too (Compher?). For Miller ($1m retained) + Motte.

Done.  I'd retain 50 percent to get that done

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Done.  I'd retain 50 percent to get that done

Yeah, I probably would too :lol: Not so sure Colorado does though. But now's their time to be all in, if they're going to do this thing...

I'd have to look closer at their roster to see if they have someone less efficient they'd prefer to send back over Compher too.