The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

That GIF makes no sense in this situation when I directly addressed the article's flaws lol

Perhaps the Canucks should move Hughes to free up cap space because OEL has a NTC and Rathbone looks good.

You asked for a link to an article where it had been discussed when I'd noted it had been discussed in the media. I gave you one. Then you proceeded, as usual, to start moving goalposts when information doesn't fit your tiny view. 

How tiresome.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, JM_ said:

sounds like an even better reason to move Pearson, Dickie and Poolman to me. 

Keep the C depth, move the expensive middle meh. 

Nope. They all expire sooner than later and before too many of these raises will be due. An extended Miller does not. Extrended Miller stiil = bad plan. They're all going to have to go eventually.

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

You asked for a link to an article where it had been discussed when I'd noted it had been discussed in the media. I gave you one. Then you proceeded, as usual, to start moving goalposts when information doesn't fit your tiny view. 

How tiresome.

So I'm not allowed to respond to an article that clearly has misleading information in it?  One of us has a tiny view of things... and it isn't me. 

But yes, please do carry on touting that the Golden Knights are gonna move Theodore before Dadonov or Martinez :picard:

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Damn, I got the sleepy emoji today.  I am so depressed really...  <_<

It's okay my friend to lose an argument.  I've lost a few myself.  Cheer up and get ready for the next battle.  Hey, if Miller does get traded then I would be in for the fight of my life...  :)

you-are-not-worth-my-time-nail-file.gif

You'd actually have to have a cogent argument to "win" it.

Just now, HKSR said:

So I'm not allowed to respond to an article that clearly has misleading information in it?  One of us has a tiny view of things... and it isn't me. 

But yes, please do carry on touting that the Golden Knights are gonna move Theodore before Dadonov or Martinez :picard:

It didn't actually have misleading onformation in it. It was quite balanced. I didn't say they will move Theodore, I said it's being discussed as a possibility.

Guys like Dadanov will cost them an arm and a leg to move and they have limited options as to who they can move between clauses, contracts etc. The article brought up real, actual issues that might cause a guy like Theodore to shake lose. Or if not him, potentially Hague.

Either way, they're going to need to give up big time assets (prospects and picks) to move guys like Dadanov, or lose guys like Theodore, Hague etc. The canucks being in position to take advantage of either of those scenarios is a good thing. But that doesn't fit your little view, so you're still yelling at clouds.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, J-P said:

I agree with that. That 1-3 C punch would be too much to handle for most teams if we have balance on wings and D.

I don't think Miller is a game breaker in the playoffs though. He's fine as a 1B center along with Horvat, and that's not a put down as most teams don't even have one of those centers, but we need someone to take another step and that's obviously EP in my mind.

Miller's contract is obviously an issue, and while I would love that 1-3 C punch his tendency to give up on plays and take bad penalties is real, so sorry, not really seeing him on our contender.. (although I will also admit he's taken over games this season as a true 1A C, so it's not black and white)

I just really like the idea of C depth, even if there's no true "game breaker" having depth can create a lot of opportunities. 

6 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I just really like the idea of C depth, even if there's no true "game breaker" having depth can create a lot of opportunities. 

We can still have good C depth without saddling ourselves to a Miller extension. 

• Cheers 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

We can still have good C depth without saddling ourselves to a Miller extension. 

Yeah I like Lamikoo as 4c and Bo as 2c. If EP can take the next step I'll be happy with JT bringing back a good 3c, a top 4 D and a prospect.

That said, I'm not totally against retaining JT but I just don't see how we can make it work cap wise.

• Cheers 1

Allvin said the team doesn't have a superstar and they want to build a young core, and they need to shed cap. 

Why would they re-sign Miller (who is an old, non-superstar) to a huge, long term contract?  Makes no sense.

I think Miller is gone at the Draft.  Allvin is gonna make a splash.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, JM_ said:

funny, you never mentioned that before 

I have. Numerous times. That's one thing we agree on... signing a Paul/Tierney/Sturm.

Heck, I wouldn't be opposed to signing a couple guys. One of Paul/Tierney and one of Sturm or even bringing back an inexpensive Richardson (or similar).

• Vintage 1

41 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Allvin said the team doesn't have a superstar and they want to build a young core, and they need to shed cap. 

Why would they re-sign Miller (who is an old, non-superstar) to a huge, long term contract?  Makes no sense.

I think Miller is gone at the Draft.  Allvin is gonna make a splash.

Do you have a little known to the Allvin quote we don’t have a superstar?  I’ve read that opinion here before, but not sene an actual quote.  

I have heard Allvin saying we have a franchise goalie though.  

1 hour ago, J-P said:

Yeah I like Lamikoo as 4c and Bo as 2c. If EP can take the next step I'll be happy with JT bringing back a good 3c, a top 4 D and a prospect.

That said, I'm not totally against retaining JT but I just don't see how we can make it work cap wise.

Yup... Petey, Horvat, sign one of Paul/Tierney for 3C, wouldn't hate trying to nab Sturm as well. Heck I'd bring back Richardson or similar near league min to play 4th line/13th F. Could even play him and Lammiko on Sturm's wing and be available to take face offs if someone gets waived or injuries etc.

Petey, Horvat, Paul/Tierney, Sturm, Lammiko, Richardson... Nothing at all wrong with that C depth.

28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Do you have a little known to the Allvin quote we don’t have a superstar?  I’ve read that opinion here before, but not sene an actual quote.  

I have heard Allvin saying we have a franchise goalie though.  

I think it was more of a challenge to the guys to rise up, vs. a firm public assessment of the team.

“We have some good players here in place. I think every single player down there in the room have something to prove. We don’t have the superstar. We’re not a contending team right now. So every single player has something to prove to us. And that’s going to be the mindset moving forward.”

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-gm-patrik-allvin-is-a-believer-in-open-minds-and-hard-work?utm_source=vancouver is awesome&utm_campaign=vancouver is awesome%3A outbound&utm_medium=referral

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I have. Numerous times. That's one thing we agree on... signing a Paul/Tierney/Sturm.

Heck, I wouldn't be opposed to signing a couple guys. One of Paul/Tierney and one of Sturm or even bringing back an inexpensive Richardson (or similar).

sign them all ::D

That hockey nut Jan was suggesting PLD for Miller, I mean if that kind of thing is on the table count me in. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Miller has nearly twice as many points as PLD.  

you need to compare apples to apples, at 23 Miller and PLD are basically equivalent, with PLD scoring more goals. 

If you're looking to de-risk on age, Miller for PLD is a no-brainer isn't it? 

7 minutes ago, JM_ said:

sign them all ::D

That hockey nut Jan was suggesting PLD for Miller, I mean if that kind of thing is on the table count me in. 

I wouldn't actually be shocked. Their window isn't exactly going to be open much longer and PLD's been decent but hasn't really lived up to the hype either. Would likely allow them to make one last real push...doubt they'd be able to retain him though (I don't see Miller staying in WPG regardless of money :lol: ).

By the time PLD is maybe something like as good as Miller now, they're probably rebuilding anyway...

Edited by aGENT

Just now, aGENT said:

I wouldn't actually be shocked. Their window isn't exactly going to be open much longer and PLD's been decent but hasn't really lived up to the hype either. Would likely allow them to make one last real push...doubt they'd be able to retain him though (I don't see Miller staying in WPG regardless of money :lol: ).

I would be but who knows. Thats the kind of deal tho where I'd be OK with moving Miller.