The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

1 hour ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Imagine the insanity if we managed to move Miller for one of Dobson or Byram, and then we were able to clear just the right amount of cap to get Klingberg signed...

That is NEVER going to happen. 
Not even close  

If these were the options I would rank them as follows:

1. Klingberg (6Mx4) + Severson/Holtz (From Miller trade)

2. Klingberg (6Mx4) + Necas/Morrow (From Miller trade)

3. Sign Miller for 8Mx7

Unless the market is dead for Miller or Klingberg wants nothing to do with Van I don’t see how the moving Miller option isn’t a better one.  First one covers the top 4 D for many years.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

If these were the options I would rank them as follows:

1. Klingberg (6Mx4) + Severson/Holtz (From Miller trade)

2. Klingberg (6Mx4) + Necas/Morrow (From Miller trade)

3. Sign Miller for 8Mx7

Unless the market is dead for Miller or Klingberg wants nothing to do with Van I don’t see how the moving Miller option isn’t a better one.  First one covers the top 4 D for many years.

I’d dream of this happening Pearson Miller For Sverson Walsh McLeod.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

I’d dream of this happening Pearson Miller For Sverson Walsh McLeod.

That would work too as long as McLeod has been confirmed to not be part of the investigation or found guilty in any way.  

Either way, I still feel adding Severson (+prospect/pick or two) and Klingberg at the expense of Miller moves us much further along.  It secures our D for years and doesn't block our immense winger depth from progressing.  Balances the team much better for the contract we have with Demko and Hughes.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

That would be wonderful to dumperoo Pearson.  And to get such a great return!  Wow! 

Excactly I’d take that package without picks if it meant we could dump Pearson which might be okay with devils with such young team. Then finding taker for Myers for klingberg would be insane.

Oe Klingberg 

Hughes Sverson 

Rathbone schenn 

dermott 

1 minute ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

That would work too as long as McLeod has been confirmed to not be part of the investigation or found guilty in any way.  

Either way, I still feel adding Severson (+prospect/pick or two) and Klingberg at the expense of Miller moves us much further along.  It secures our D for years and doesn't block our immense winger depth from progressing.  Balances the team much better for the contract we have with Demko and Hughes.

I agree I’m just not sure of forward depth with miller gone in that package. I’d like add Pearson in deal to sign guy like Rodrigues.

Severson and Holtz for Miller exactly what the doctor ordered in my mind.  Severson meets the need of a legit RD for Hughes and Holtz is a pure Sniper which we need with the amount of playmakers we have outside of Brock.  Just imagine in a couple years a top line of Holtz Pettersson Lekkerimakki.  That puts Boeser and Podkolzin down with Bo.  

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Severson and Holtz for Miller exactly what the doctor ordered in my mind.  Severson meets the need of a legit RD for Hughes and Holtz is a pure Sniper which we need with the amount of playmakers we have outside of Brock.  Just imagine in a couple years a top line of Holtz Pettersson Lekkerimakki.  That puts Boeser and Podkolzin down with Bo.  

That’s the the type of return that we need.

Projects like Walsh and McLeod do nothing to move the needle for us. And Severson could very well walk on us next offseason.

If we’re not getting a stud young D then we need a legit forward prospect.

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Projects like Walsh and McLeod do nothing to move the needle for us. And Severson could very well walk on us next offseason.

Walsh looks far from project he might be our right handed Hughes. Obviously the trade would only be done with extensions in place. McLeod started look like solid 3rd line centre near end year I just don’t think the big package is there for miller or it would be done.

26 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Miller for a Severson package, move Myers and let OEL be the defensive guy for Klingberg.  Pretty sure OEL would rather do that than be the defensive parter for Myers.

Why do we want to add term to neutering OEL's offensive game. We should be trying fix that problem, not repeating it with added term in Klingberg. We've already got 2 more years of that with Myers. He's just not the D-type we need IMO.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Scottydzik said:

Walsh looks far from project he might be our right handed Hughes. Obviously the trade would only be done with extensions in place. McLeod started look like solid 3rd line centre near end year I just don’t think the big package is there for miller or it would be done.

Isn’t McLeod one of the names coming up as (maybe?) involved in that WJ team that committed the sexual assault?  We don’t want that kind of person on our team, do we? 

4 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

I agree I’m just not sure of forward depth with miller gone in that package. I’d like add Pearson in deal to sign guy like Rodrigues.

Forward depth without Miller but adding Holtz would be:

Podkolzin Pettersson Boeser

Kuzmenko Horvat Holtz 

Mikhayev Lazar Garland

Pearson Joshua Lockwood

But the main reason for the move would be:

Ekman-Larsson Klingberg

Hughes Severson

Rathbone Myers

Likely Pearson and Myers move for cap room, but we do need a longer term 3C still.  Much easier to find than a 1RD and 2RD.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Exactly, it has to be quality over quantity.  Holtz has the ability to be a young sniper the team needs and Severson is what we needed yesterday.  Other moves are still needed, but this moves us forward the way we need.

• Cheers 1

Just now, aGENT said:

Why do we want to add term to neutering OEL's offensive game. We should be trying fix that problem, not repeating it with added term in Klingberg. We've already got 2 more years of that with Myers. He's just not the D-type we need IMO.

We should be trying get rid of that horrid OEL contract and not adding another one in Klinberg.  Signing Klinberg is a ”Benning”.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Forward depth without Miller but adding Holtz would be:

Podkolzin Pettersson Boeser

Kuzmenko Horvat Holtz 

Mikhayev Lazar Garland

Pearson Joshua Lockwood

But the main reason for the move would be:

Ekman-Larsson Klingberg

Hughes Severson

Rathbone Myers

Likely Pearson and Myers move for cap room, but we do need a longer term 3C still.  Much easier to find than a 1RD and 2RD.

I just find hard believe if Sverson plus holtz was there it would be already done.

• Cheers 1