The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I have lost my friggin $hit! (Discussion)

Ok, with all the negative talk on here, plus having to watch us fall apart, I have lost my &^^$^##$@#@  $hit!

OK.....................things on my list

First off or #1, rather................most successful teams do not have the owner with any hands on, day to day, with the club. Aqualini, has to make 1 decision, then step away.

#1............................................Aqualini has to hire a president, then give him full autonomy to do his job

#2............................................New president to evaluate team top to bottom....................hire a new GM

#3............................................New GM to evaluate the team and coaches, top to bottom..........hire a new Coach, and assistants 

#4............................................Play the team as is, and evaluate the current players in the new system...............make shopping list

#5...........................................Hire cap guru

That is it until the TDL, just get a handle on the players, let them adjust to a new coach and system, and do a thorough review of the teams assets, and what is needed.

At the TDL, make a move if needed, and if the needed player is available, if not, hold tight until the Draft................

At the Draft, the president and GM, will have a greater understanding of what is needed, and can go shoppping.....................it may or may not involve trading a player or a draft pick, and I am ok with this, one last time, "IF" the player needed has costs that include our 1st, but again, the new GM will know this, because the Cap Guru has him up to date.

Again, he may not do anything other than move a player to get under the cap, if needed. Maybe he trades Boeser, Maybe he trades Miller, maybe he does neither..................., but other than that, he drafts with what he has left, and explains his plans, for the up and coming season, including what he thinks he needs.

What does not happen, is any knee jerk reactions by a GM that is hanging by a thread. IMO, this all has to be done clinically, and methodically, and in the right order. I am tired of seeing poor coaching and a GM that does not have the balls to do it right. 

We are here now, and can not go back, but no more wasting picks or letting assets walk for free................

Please note, it is this last statement that has put us in the place we are today.

I do not want any more excuses, or throwing players under the bus, Ownership and management need to accept responsibility

I love the Canucks.....I hate the Canucks! ^&$###@@%^*^#@!@! Me! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

My $0.02 leave Green in there. He actually does pretty well with the kids 3 Calder candidates and Podkolzin is coming along well. 

New Prez. Dale Hunter Need a face of the rebuild Dale might be able to convince Bo to believe in the process.

Fire Baumer and King hire better people cant be that hard.  

Jim can stay but he can't be the face of the rebuild. Say what you will about Jim but I feel like his draft record and trade record are actually pretty decent and most importantly other GM's around the league don't hate him. MG became a lame duck GM because the only GM who would answer the phone was Dale Tallon. 

For Gawd sakes somebody else has to handle the FA signings. The Francesco Aquilini signings are killing us. 

Sell Boeser and Miller for picks spin those picks into Wright?Bedard?Michkov? I bet you money there will be a GM holding 2nd OA 2023  if JB offered 5OA + 20th + 25th JB is Calling Michkov's name on draft day and you would never be able to buy that low on him ever again. 

Regroup weaponize cap space instead of free agents. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1