The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Another Lucic cheapshot

Rate this topic

King Heffy

29 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Lucic could've made it a softer hit, for sure.  

But you're going into the corner and the d-man is blocking you, so are you not allowed to make a hit?  Are you supposed to avoid physical contact?  

Serious question, not trying to be a smartass here.  

I’m no fan of Lucic but even if it was one of ours making that hit I’d say no that’s to dangerous that could’ve had a Kris Draper like ending he just got lucky.

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

He took runs at Canuck players knowing he wouldn't get a penalty.  

Borderline charging maybe, nothing like the hit Lucic threw last night.

Also that was 6 years ago. The game has even changed since then.

Edited by DeNiro

Imagine a coach that plays a dump and chase type game with puck possession players. (Garland, OEL, Hughes, Pettersson, Boeser).

And then imagine a coach that dumps players who COULD play that type of game (Bailey, granted that he has next to no offense, and Macewen, also a waiver wire pickup). So we've established that there's no foundation for that type of game.

Then imagine how a coach takes away any kind of toughness from his players. I don't know if he teaches it out of him or what.

Finally, imagine being a coach that thinks it's on the players to accept a coach who only knows how to scramble lines from his practices.

This coach CLEARLY doesn't know how to utilize his players. And only now is management 'considering' firing him. This should've been dealt with shortly after that horrendous preseason.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Imagine a coach that plays a dump and chase type game with puck possession players. (Garland, OEL, Hughes, Pettersson, Boeser).

And then imagine a coach that dumps players who COULD play that type of game (Bailey, granted that he has next to no offense, and Macewen, also a waiver wire pickup). So we've established that there's no foundation for that type of game.

Then imagine how a coach takes away any kind of toughness from his players. I don't know if he teaches it out of him or what.

Finally, imagine being a coach that thinks it's on the players to accept a coach who only knows how to scramble lines from his practices.

This coach CLEARLY doesn't know how to utilize his players. And only now is management 'considering' firing him. This should've been dealt with shortly after that horrendous preseason.

I see no evidence Green coaches toughness out of players I do see a team made with little toughness though. MacEwen and Gadjovich play the same in Philly and San Jose as they did here. We just didn’t/don't have any other toughness to draw from.

Myers is big can hit but is not a tough player. Bo can be when called upon but has so many other responsibilities he can’t commit to that kind of game. And beyond that our next toughest players are OEL and Garland which is far from ideal. We need to bring in at least 2 Lomberg/Krieder/Maroon type players.