The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

28 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Oh don't you start.   Just chill.   Already had one person take something completely out of context - the way i read it was the guys that constantly get criticized, nobody is defending them.    And that what's wrong with talking about trading these guys anyways?  He didn't say one word about the silly Horvat vs Miller crap, that's been pushed by just a select few Miller acolytes. 

Oh, please. The hate Bo is getting in this thread is plain to see. Quit ignoring it. And stop trying to lie about what is going on. Many people here are NOT simply talking about trading Bo. They are just dumping on him as a way to defend Miller, which is completely unnecessary.

Maybe tell the other users trashing Bo to cut it out before telling me not to call them out on it.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, SimplytheBoest said:

Oh, please. The hate Bo is getting in this thread is plain to see. Quit ignoring it. And stop trying to lie about what is going on. Many people here are NOT simply talking about trading Bo. They are just dumping on him as a way to defend Miller, which is completely unnecessary.

Maybe tell the other users trashing Bo to cut it out before telling me not to call them out on it.

lol there's plenty of people on this forum been pretending to be neutral but dishing out subtle hate towards players not just bo in general.. i have my fair share of jabs at Miller not because i hate the player.. i just don't like his temper tantrum attitude, pick and choose when he decides to play defence and when he decides to give up on plays. but the resentment towards Bo here seems more like towards the person rather than the plays.. they dont like him coz he's "soft" he isn't a leader etc etc.. more like attacks towards the person rather than his playing ability.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol there's plenty of people on this forum been pretending to be neutral but dishing out subtle hate towards players not just bo in general.. i have my fair share of jabs at Miller not because i hate the player.. i just don't like his temper tantrum attitude, pick and choose when he decides to play defence and when he decides to give up on plays. but the resentment towards Bo here seems more like towards the person rather than the plays.. they dont like him coz he's "soft" he isn't a leader etc etc.. more like attacks towards the person rather than his playing ability.

It's very sad. I see some users here seem to be stuck in the 80s, refusing to acknowledge that the game has evolved. Players like Bo are the norm, not the exception. They are convinced "enforcers" are somehow still a thing. It's very sad.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SimplytheBoest said:

oh please?

Utter rubbish. Its hardly any at all. Name the ones you say is hating on Bo. Can you name 5-10? 

And why is it only Bo you are concerned about? What about the rest of the players?

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

11 minutes ago, spook007 said:

oh please?

Utter rubbish. Its hardly any at all. Name the ones you say is hating on Bo. Can you name 5-10? 

And why is it only Bo you are concerned about? What about the rest of the players?

You know exactly who they are. Don't feign ignorance here.

Other players? LOL, yeah, nice try.

6 hours ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Upset? LOL, not at all 'lil Bessy, guess it's time to feed the troll again. Seems like YOU are the upset one, charging in to defend Boeser's honour at every opportunity, with your whiny, long, drawn-out tirades. Oh, and yes, my math was off, so I guess you win the internet then, champ.

Boeser is definitely a good player, and an even better potential trade piece, and even a Mensa candidate such as yourself should be able to see that there are holes in the lineup that need to be addressed, and that they won't be remedied with "Raymond, Ballard, and a 3rd"...so something has to give, right Skippy? 

Anyway, just to be on the safe side, when the team has their next game worn equipment sale, get in early and maybe you can fetch yourself a nice BB6 jock to sniff, or perhaps you can hang it on the handlebars of your 10 speed. 

image.gif.ac46087e0ffbab6a2698f509990c41f8.gif

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

Who are you referring to Wai_Lai?

You were against Miller which is fine. You had your reasons to be against him. We are all different. As I said before, I was on the fence, whether to keep him or not, but could season reasos for both. 

Same with Bo. 
Some think he is Mr Canuck and loves him to bits, and some long for a Catain, who will take on everyone, and lead physically... to different camps, and thats ok. Its only few is 'dying' to see the back of him. 

Its the same with Brock. 

Most folks like them all, and some love them...

In the end its about what they bring to the team. And if they are worth their cap hit. 
Rest assured, if Miller doesn't play up to his contract, he will get some serious stick on these pages as well. 
Should he, god forbid, score less than 50-60 points next season the knives will get sharpened very quickly. 

In the end its not our decision. Its between Bo and management. If they can't get an agreement, he will be dealt, just like Miller. 

Bo will likely be signed for 6.5-7 x 7-8 years. All depends on how management sees the way forward. 

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, SimplytheBoest said:

You can't even mention 5....

ignorence? I think we know, who the finger points towards. 

And what do you mean by nice try?

Is it open season on everyone not named Bo or the selected few? Iis that what you are saying?

• Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, combover said:

Not sure if there’s hate towards  Bo but there is defiantly under appreciation for just how much he does and the kind of player he is. 

this team is in trouble if they lost miller and the same is true about horvat.

he plays the toughest minutes against the best opposition and he’s grossly underrated by many

leonardo dicaprio bravo GIF

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, SimplytheBoest said:

Huh?  Are we supposed to keep tabs?  And what's with the 80's reference lol.   That's simply idiotic, they existed until the lockout and after for awhile.    If i didn't know better (i don't and simply can't help myself, call a spade a spade) , i'd say that this is awfully similar to some else yesterday that was upset over a very reasonable comment, coming in with a duplicate avatar or whatever that is - and making some noise.  This is a hockey site, and if we want to talk about trading someone, or leadership etc we are allowed to do that.   And i'm pretty sure it's just a couple posters trying to stir sh!t up about Miller vs Horvat, the vast majority, like me, who  has defended that on every turn, agree that leadership isn't just one person and the more the merrier.    Do you not see Miller as a leader?  It's not black and white.   And well i guess i'm feeding the trolls so will stop. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 3

30 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Huh?  Are we supposed to keep tabs?  And what's with the 80's reference lol.   That's simply idiotic, they existed until the lockout and after for awhile.    If i didn't know better, i'd say this is awfully similar to some else yesterday that was butthurt over a very reasonable comment, coming in with a duplicate avatar or whatever that is - and making some noise.  This is a hockey site, and if we want to talk about trading someone, or leadership etc we are allowed to do that.   And i'm pretty sure it's just a couple posters trying to stir sh!t up about Miller vs Horvat, the vast majority, like me, who  has defended that on every turn, agree that leadership isn't just one person and the more the merrier.    Do you not see Miller as a leader?  It's not black and white.  Relax.   Take a bath or something.   

Funny, if you really feel that way, then why are you getting offended? If someone is going to make bad takes, then don't get mad when they are called out. If this doesn't apply to you, then you have no reason to be offended.

24 minutes ago, SimplytheBoest said:

Funny, if you really feel that way, then why are you getting offended? If someone is going to make bad takes, then don't get mad when they are called out. If this doesn't apply to you, then you have no reason to be offended.

Bad takes?   Who's making the bad takes really.   Im not mad.   And i'm not offended one bit.   And agree we shouldn't be as a fan base, creating or supporting a narrative that Bo is a bad Captain, or that Miller would be a better Captain.   He's our Captain, for better or worse.   It's not like he's running a company or something.  The job as Captain doesn't entail that much more on a hockey team then just the extracurricular stuff plus the media stuff.    Good grief. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Bad takes?   Who's making the bad takes really.   Im not mad.   And i'm not offended one bit.   And agree we shouldn't be as a fan base, creating or supporting a narrative that Bo is a bad Captain, or that Miller would be a better Captain.   He's our Captain, for better or worse.   It's not like he's running a company or something.  The job as Captain doesn't entail that much more on a hockey team then just the extracurricular stuff plus the media stuff.    Good grief. 

SimplytheBoest and AnthonyG are probably the same person, both new accounts, just here to troll everyone, trying to make something out of nothing, and calling everyone "Mad". It's sad really.

8 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

image.gif

1 hour ago, AnthonyG said:

image.gif.ac46087e0ffbab6a2698f509990c41f8.gif

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

SimplytheBoest and AnthonyG are probably the same person, both new accounts, just here to troll everyone, trying to make something out of nothing, and calling everyone "Mad". It's sad really.

Inglourious Basterds Bingo GIF

Then: Angry Computer GIF

Edited by IBatch
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

As much as i like Tina Turner ... Beyond The Thunderdome was just awful.  And can't and won't let that go after two brilliant movies. 

• Cheers 1