The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

Let's re-set this thread! 

Miller is done.  Why and who cares who is the better leader.   It's just a letter.  We don't know what happens behind closed doors, only what they say in the media, and what they do on the ice ... plus what we they might get validated for doing in their communities.  

This thread is about Horvats contract.   So i'm going to put my money where my mouth is and say it's going to happen, and it's coming in at around 52 million.  Total. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, IBatch said:

Miller is done.  Why and who cares who is the better leader.   It's just a letter.  We don't know what happens behind closed doors, only what they say in the media, and what they do on the ice ... plus what we they might get validated for doing in their communities.  

This thread is about Horvats contract.   So i'm going to put my money where my mouth is and say it's going to happen, and it's coming in at around 52 million.  Total. 

6.5 x 8? I could live with that.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

To me that's the magic number.   It's more then 7 x 7...and it's a good comp

with Brayden Schenn plus the term. 

Definitely a good comp, but IMO Bo wants more, otherwise this would be done by now....unless management are not as high on him as we're led to believe? A changing of the guard may still be in order, and one of Bo or BB6 may be on the move (I know I'm rehashing the obvious that's been said a million times, but still true nonetheless)

Just now, Sophomore Jinx said:

Definitely a good comp, but IMO Bo wants more, otherwise this would be done by now....unless management are not as high on him as we're led to believe? A changing of the guard may still be in order, and one of Bo or BB6 may be on the move (I know I'm rehashing the obvious that's been said a million times, but still true nonetheless)

Well.  Once we get 1000 pages maybe the hockey gods will make it so.   Ugh.  I hope not.

Team doesn't need this distraction.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Just to be different I'll say 54M total. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, IBatch said:

Well.  Once we get 1000 pages maybe the hockey gods will make it so.   Ugh.  I hope not.

Team doesn't need this distraction.  

That's it right there, fans, players, no one does. While I am raging excited about this upcoming season, I'd be lying if I said I didn't care about the ongoing saga, "will he stay, or will he go?". Just get it done already LOL, $52M, or trade him. The JTM thread damn near killed me haha.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Just to be different I'll say 54M total. 

Yup, still good. Sweet spot 6.5 - 6.75 x 8. I'm still on the trade BH train, there are things I don't like about his game, but more so because I feel change is needed, and this is the time to shore up deficiencies, while we're on an upswing.

• Cheers 1

Top Active Faceoff Guys in Regular Season:

https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/records/nhl-active-players-all-time-faceoff-win-percentage-leaders.html

Top Active Faceoff Guys in Playoffs: 

https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/records/nhl-active-players-all-time-playoff-faceoff-win-percentage-leaders.html

If we trade Bo, we need a replacement faceoff man.  He's one of the best in the business.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

9 hours ago, spook007 said:

Let me start by saying I feel sorry for your friend and what he has to go through. 
My own nephew is diagnosed with MND, so I know only too well, how it is to have to deal with illnesses at close hand. Both my parents also died from cancer, so yes I know about loss...

If you can find a single post over the years, where I have said 'if he is sh!t again, dump his a$$'...

What I said was, this is professional sport.

The reality is, its the GMs job is to find a winning formula for his team. 
He may have to make decisions that makes him look like a heartless SOB, but that is his job. 

If he feels trading Brock is what this team needs to win, he will do so. Just like he will with Bo (contractual issues), or with JT had he not signed. If any player doesn't perform to their cap hit or above, they will be discussed regardless of circumstances. Its tough, but its reality.

There is not a single person, who doesn't hope Brock will recover from the trauma of having to go through, what he did (especially being so close to his dad, as he was) and secondly (as a fan) obviously keeps finding the back of net on a regular basis. 

Can I just end this with I think Brock will be stronger now, as his dad has peace... Its now up to him to show, what he can be....

I appreciate your response. Unfortunately my long time family friend died due to his condition and he deteriorated quite rapidly. ALS is a horrendous disease without any cure. 

I just didnt really like the way it sat with me when people are talking about Brock’s last year in a negative way. I think we can all look past his last season and just look forward to the next and see what value he brings to the team or in a trade. I have zero issues with trading him, its just the way it was being talked about. Weighing his last season against his upcoming season that has yet to start, just seems wrong to me. This distraction wasnt something self inflicted or that could be controlled. Thats all I was getting at, is the approach just didnt come across very pleasant and thats not how I would hope our management would handle it. I would hope they would strive to be compassionate in business, do whats best for the player while also doing what is best for the team. Such as maybe trying to move Boeser to Minnesota, or at least closer to home. If there is an appealing deal to be made.

Sorry to hear about your nephew, I’m not educated on MND, I hope its manageable and they are able to enjoy life.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Yup, still good. Sweet spot 6.5 - 6.75 x 8. I'm still on the trade BH train, there are things I don't like about his game, but more so because I feel change is needed, and this is the time to shore up deficiencies, while we're on an upswing.

There are other ways to shore those up.   Not saying Horvat shouldn't be off the table, of course he isn't, even Miller still is until he's not.   Same as Demko.  Same as EP and QHs and of course he lower hanging fruit poor old Brock and Garland and Pearson who's been talked about for 3 years now. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

There are other ways to shore those up.   Not saying Horvat should be off the table, of course he is, even Miller still is until he's not.   Same as Demko.  Same as EP and QHs and of course he lower hanging fruit poor old Brock and Garland and Pearson who's been talked about for 3 years now. 

Valid and true points. While there are other ways to shore things up, I don't subscribe to some of the "Raymond, Ballard, and a 3rd" type of proposals been bandied about.

Getting a stud top 4 RHD is going to take more than Pear, Gar, or "sweeteners", and although I'm not a fan of using picks (high ones), in this case I'd be okay with it, just okay, not thrilled; there are great things to see on this present team, and I'd be loath to see another bunch of years pissed away due to inaction (in fixing issues) at this moment in time. 

• Cheers 2

47 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

SimplytheBoest and AnthonyG are probably the same person, both new accounts, just here to troll everyone, trying to make something out of nothing, and calling everyone "Mad". It's sad really.

Trolling? Lol you’re the one who’s coming out and name calling from the getgo and cant even do simple math let alone speak for yourself. You’re the definition of a troll, cant even provide anything factual and grasping at straws to try and be relevant to the conversation and name calling to try and be tough for once in your life. I get it dude, you get picked on and this is your one place where you can hide behind your keyboard and be as tough as you want, because in the real world you walk with your head down and keep your mouth shut.

So what I’m new to the forums? Been busy enjoying the out doors for the last 10 years. Maybe seek a bit of sunlight and a math tutor, it could go a very long way for ya.

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Agreed.

Horvat may not be a vocal leader, but he leads with his work ethic.

Either way we are not short of leaders on this team and various types of leaders. We have vocal leaders, experienced leaders and hard working leaders. 

I really hope they can get a deal done. We would be so deep down the middle and starting with the puck more often due to faceoff wins, which in turn helps the D out. 

6 hours ago, SimplytheBoest said:

Not only does this thread prove that Horvat is underrated, but also that his haters are pathetic. They prove their lack of hockey knowledge by the way they talk about him. Apparently he sucks so much we can't overpay him and we need to trade him, yet his value is so awesome certain people think we can get an amazing top-two defenceman for him. So, which is it, haters?

So we see him as a viable option to bringing a return that would advance the team’s overall play, without missing too much of what he does bring….    And we’re haters?

could be you just hate the thought of him being traded, cause you know , he’s’ Bo..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Top Active Faceoff Guys in Regular Season:

https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/records/nhl-active-players-all-time-faceoff-win-percentage-leaders.html

Top Active Faceoff Guys in Playoffs: 

https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/records/nhl-active-players-all-time-playoff-faceoff-win-percentage-leaders.html

If we trade Bo, we need a replacement faceoff man.  He's one of the best in the business.

JP Pageau. Isles

Almost Same stats 

Lou loves Bo.

Romanov, Pageau 

Horvat Rathbone  & ————— ? ( a pick?)

Edited by SilentSam