The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

1 hour ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Yup, still good. Sweet spot 6.5 - 6.75 x 8. I'm still on the trade BH train, there are things I don't like about his game, but more so because I feel change is needed, and this is the time to shore up deficiencies, while we're on an upswing.

I am with you on this one. It just feels like a good time to reset and start fresh and not have one regime go into the next. Clean Slate.

I really feel there is a weird vibe with Bo and Miller. They both lead and play similar roles on the team. It just doesn't feel like they are totally on the same page. 

Either way, what ever is best for the team, I am good with. 

24 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I am with you on this one. It just feels like a good time to reset and start fresh and not have one regime go into the next. Clean Slate.

I really feel there is a weird vibe with Bo and Miller. They both lead and play similar roles on the team. It just doesn't feel like they are totally on the same page. 

Either way, what ever is best for the team, I am good with. 

The only weird vibe i got, was Horvat exploding when this Miller is the leader of this team stuff/crap first started.  Don't know if it's the coaching change or he's actually perturbed by it.  Hope it's the former, because if it's the latter, he's holding back.   Internal competition never hurts.  Ask Crosby and Malkin.  Or Gretzky and Messier.  Or Mario and Francis.  Or Yzerman and Federov.   It just never hurts,  

Horvat could use a little more emotion on the ice.  And well he was a complete no show the first half of last season.  Miller wasn't.  Still on page for 80 points.   Horvat 38 or so.   They both exploded really... Miller 120 point pace ... Horvat 40 plus goal pace.   Both these guys are what you see what you get types.  And going to push each other.   And both, well can be traded until their contracts say they can't. 

Edited by IBatch

31 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

So we see him as a viable option to bringing a return that would advance the team’s overall play, without missing too much of what he does bring….    And we’re haters?

could be you just hate the thought of him being traded, cause you know , he’s’ Bo..

Talking crap about Horvat does make you a hater. You also clearly think this is some video game if you think trading Horvat gets us Dobson or Power. You clearly haven't thought this through.

Hate to break it to you, but Miller is still a viable option to trade, as well. Unlike you, though, I don't hate him like you hate Horvat. Oh, and before you whine and cry about being called a hater again, all someone has to do is look at all your and your buddy's posts in this thread to see how you really feel about Horvat. In this case, hater is very apt.

Oh, and please, enlighten us on how you think Lou loves Horvat so much?

57 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Agreed.

Horvat may not be a vocal leader, but he leads with his work ethic.

Either way we are not short of leaders on this team and various types of leaders. We have vocal leaders, experienced leaders and hard working leaders. 

I really hope they can get a deal done. We would be so deep down the middle and starting with the puck more often due to faceoff wins, which in turn helps the D out. 

Well the D does need help.   Brock or Horvat are reasonable solutions in different ways to that issue. 

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, SimplytheBoest said:

Talking crap about Horvat does make you a hater. You also clearly think this is some video game if you think trading Horvat gets us Dobson or Power. You clearly haven't thought this through.

Hate to break it to you, but Miller is still a viable option to trade, as well. Unlike you, though, I don't hate him like you hate Horvat. Oh, and before you whine and cry about being called a hater again, all someone has to do is look at all your and your buddy's posts in this thread to see how you really feel about Horvat. In this case, hater is very apt.

Oh, and please, enlighten us on how you think Lou loves Horvat so much?

On the Lou topic,  

He wants redemption for the Schneider trade ,

He has previously targeted Bo in that draft year, and I believed he shared that info with the Canucks at that time.

Im going off memory now lol..

but I do remember Lou commenting positively about Horvat durring that time.

… can you stop with the “hate” crap,  

your only trying to “cancel” out your own thoughts.

Its where this team is at for real options for management to make decisions .

try to be a little more focused.

Bo is a good player , but not a .9 ppg player.   He is replaceable.

There is the possibility that LZars .40 %
FOP rises to .50 or better if given the opportunity by Boudreau.

… and this puts good pressure on EP to work on that part of his game too.

Edited by SilentSam

1 hour ago, AnthonyG said:

I appreciate your response. Unfortunately my long time family friend died due to his condition and he deteriorated quite rapidly. ALS is a horrendous disease without any cure. 

I just didnt really like the way it sat with me when people are talking about Brock’s last year in a negative way. I think we can all look past his last season and just look forward to the next and see what value he brings to the team or in a trade. I have zero issues with trading him, its just the way it was being talked about. Weighing his last season against his upcoming season that has yet to start, just seems wrong to me. This distraction wasnt something self inflicted or that could be controlled. Thats all I was getting at, is the approach just didnt come across very pleasant and thats not how I would hope our management would handle it. I would hope they would strive to be compassionate in business, do whats best for the player while also doing what is best for the team. Such as maybe trying to move Boeser to Minnesota, or at least closer to home. If there is an appealing deal to be made.

Sorry to hear about your nephew, I’m not educated on MND, I hope its manageable and they are able to enjoy life.

Cheers AG.

Sorry to hear it. My condolences...

No worries, lets just hope all the players, their contracts etc are being dealt with in a good way, and that management builds us a team that can challenge for the cup, be with the players available, or players traded for :towel:

Unfortunately there is no cure for MND neither. Horrible decease...

Have a nice day.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AnthonyG said:

Trolling? Lol you’re the one who’s coming out and name calling from the getgo and cant even do simple math let alone speak for yourself. You’re the definition of a troll, cant even provide anything factual and grasping at straws to try and be relevant to the conversation and name calling to try and be tough for once in your life. I get it dude, you get picked on and this is your one place where you can hide behind your keyboard and be as tough as you want, because in the real world you walk with your head down and keep your mouth shut.

So what I’m new to the forums? Been busy enjoying the out doors for the last 10 years. Maybe seek a bit of sunlight and a math tutor, it could go a very long way for ya.

Oh, this is just too delish....

you mad GIF

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

On the Lou topic,  

He wants redemption for the Schneider trade ,

He has previously targeted Bo in that draft year, and I believed he shared that info with the Canucks at that time.

Im going off memory now lol..

but I do remember Lou commenting positively about Horvat durring that time.

That doesn't mean anything. Managers always say good things about good players. Doesn't mean he is giving us Romanov or Dobson for him.

11 minutes ago, IBatch said:

The only weird vibe i got, was Horvat exploding when this Miller is the leader of this team stuff/crap first started.  Don't know if it's the coaching change or he's actually perturbed by it.  Hope it's the former, because if it's the latter, he's holding back.   Internal competition never hurts.  Ask Crosby and Malkin.  Or Gretzky and Messier.  Or Mario and Francis.  Or Yzerman and Federov.   It just never hurts,  

Horvat could use a little more emotion on the ice.  And well he was a complete no show the first half of last season.  Miller wasn't.  Still on page for 80 points.   Horvat 38 or so.   They both exploded really... Miller 120 point pace ... Horvat 40 plus goal pace.   Both these guys are what you see what you get types.  And going to push each other.   And both, well can be traded until their contracts say they can't. 

Yeah that's why I am all for what ever is best for the team. If the vibe between them causes a positive , healthy competition, then Ok. They both bring something different so if they can work together, great.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I dunno about that, I've broken it down on a game to game basis and Bo was actually quite a force for Vancouver in December. He was pretty close to point per game for the month, only behind Miller if I remember correctly. I think context matters when you consider the first half of last season because it seemed like most of the team struggled offensively. His turnaround seemed to coincide with Boudreau arriving and he wasn't alone on that front. You are correct that Miller was consistent offensively from start to finish but he was an outlier in comparison to the rest of the team. Hughes is the only other player who really jumps out in my memory as a player who maintained point production from start to finish. 

Last season was very much a tale of two seasons for not just the team, but many of the players as well and I think it's important to look at the season through that lens as it provides proper context. 

But no, I don't believe having both players on the roster or down the middle is the issue some folks would present it to be. I feel the leadership debate in Vancouver is overblown in part because of how rabid the Canucks fanbase is. We beat literally every topic to death and as a market we're starved for every scrap of seemingly legitimate information we can get. The fanbase has been that way for as long as I can remember. 

Sometimes it's not the players or the guys in the room, sometimes it's us as a fanbase in combination with our consuming hockey media. And the media trying to provide information, regardless of how sparse of speculative.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SimplytheBoest said:

That doesn't mean anything. Managers always say good things about good players. Doesn't mean he is giving us Romanov or Dobson for him.

That’s why this is a discussion.

What was in the “supposed” trade for Miller that Lou exited ?

we don’t know.

Romanov was “never” going to be given up by the Habs on these boards .

Its hockey,   Anything can happen..

and that 3 goal lead is the worst.

Every management group has different needs for their club,  they also have different offers that may surprise some.

Moving Miller, now,  would surprise me , 

moving Bo or Brock or _______. Would not.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I dunno about that, I've broken it down on a game to game basis and Bo was actually quite a force for Vancouver in December. He was pretty close to point per game for the month, only behind Miller if I remember correctly. I think context matters when you consider the first half of last season because it seemed like most of the team struggled offensively. His turnaround seemed to coincide with Boudreau arriving and he wasn't alone on that front. You are correct that Miller was consistent offensively from start to finish but he was an outlier in comparison to the rest of the team. Hughes is the only other player who really jumps out in my memory as a player who maintained point production from start to finish. 

Last season was very much a tale of two seasons for not just the team, but many of the players as well and I think it's important to look at the season through that lens as it provides proper context. 

But no, I don't believe having both players on the roster or down the middle is the issue some folks would present it to be. I feel the leadership debate in Vancouver is overblown in part because of how rabid the Canucks fanbase is. We beat literally every topic to death and as a market we're starved for every scrap of seemingly legitimate information we can get. The fanbase has been that way for as long as I can remember. 

Sometimes it's not the players or the guys in the room, sometimes it's us as a fanbase in combination with our consuming hockey media. And the media trying to provide information, regardless of how sparse of speculative.

Agree about there being no problem with having both players on the roster down the middle...

All the talk has come partly because of the obvious need to improve the D and Horvats prolonged contract discussions...

As for beating it to death, absolutely..... It's typical for off season, where we are starved of any on ice product.

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Miller scored at a 120 point pace the second half.   27 points over 13 games.   

Horvat didn't light it up until down the stretch really.   Bruce bump muddies things somewhat for sure.  Best goal

i saw all year was just before Green got fired and Miller went through four guys.  Only Miller and Garland did anytime before the coaching change.   Im

happy for Horvat too.  But it's two

completely different things.