The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Load up for the cup run! [Proposal]

Seems likely the Aquellini's will hire whoever tells them what they want to hear. They don't want to rebuild they have made that much clear. Soooooo how do you fix this team? What can you do something about to make the current Canucks competitive. 

1st and foremost we need a C who can win a draw and PK. Bonus points for right hand shot. 

2nd RHD teams don't trade those not good ones under 30 anyway. So forget it draft one this year this is the year of the RHD. 

3rd LHD one that plays you know Defense. 

To VAN: Michael Macloed + Jonas Seigenthaler + 4th (They have 3)

To NJ:  Brock Boeser

Macleod is a 50+% faceoff man who mans the PK and can be leaned on to allow Bo higher quality minutes as Macleod has proven capable of handling himself in a shut down capacity he's only 23 with room to mature, and a right hand shot.

Jonas Seigenthaler led the Caps in PK TOI last year the Devils traded a 3rd for him.  He's 24yo 6'2 220 plays Defense I'll take one thank you. 

I love Brock he's such a genuinely good human. But realistically we have people who are out playing him in every sense who don't/won't cost 7 mill. A huge probability this trade looks on the surface like a huge win for the Devils. But Garland, Hogy, Podkolzin have earned Brocks prime minutes and I think they will do more with them than he is. 

We clear 4m off the cap for future moves like loading up for the cup run baby!!!!! (weaponizing capspace.)

Pete Miller Hoglander

Garland Bo Pearson

Dickinson Macleod Podkolzin (ya that looks better)

Motte Dowling Highmore

Lockwood

OEL Myers

Hughes Hammonic

Seigenthaler Poolman (Wait an actual shut down pairing crazy do you think it would help the top 4 produce more?) 

Rathbone Burroughs

5 reasons why Canucks fans are madly in love with Brock Boeser | Offside

Vvz4ZAQ.jpg

Edited by hammertime
  • Like 1

Post 2020 bubble, there were rumours that the Canucks were trying to keep Toffoli while moving Boeser to accommodate TT's cap hit.  Benning ultimately didn't pull the trigger on any offers since he felt like he was being low-balled.  Perhaps Benning should have went ahead and made the deal anyways?   

p.s.  Would the Habs be interested in Boeser for Toffoli?   :-p

Edited by Patel Bure

4 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

Post 2020 bubble, there were rumours that the Canucks were trying to keep Toffoli while moving Boeser to accommodate TT's cap hit.  Benning ultimately didn't pull the trigger on any offers since he felt like he was being low-balled.  Perhaps Benning should have went ahead and made the deal anyways?   

But how would it improve the team? You still have all the same problems. 

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Seems likely the Aquellini's will hire whoever tells them what they want to hear. They don't want to rebuild they have made that much clear. Soooooo how do you fix this team? What can you do something about to make the current Canucks competitive. 

1st and foremost we need a C who can win a draw and PK.

2nd RHD teams don't trade those not good ones under 30 anyway. So forget it draft one this year this is the year of the RHD. 

3rd LHD one that plays you know Defense. 

To VAN: Michael Macloed + Jonas Seigenthaler + 4th (They have 3)

To NJ:  Brock Boeser

Macleod is a 50+% faceoff man who mans the PK and can be leaned on to allow Bo higher quality minutes as Macleod has proven capable of handling himself in a shut down capacity he's only 23 with room to mature.

Jonas Seigenthaler led the Caps in PK TOI last year the Devils traded a 3rd for him.  He's 24yo 6'2 220 plays Defense I'll take one thank you. 

I love Brock he's such a genuinely good human. But realistically we have people who are out playing him in every sense who don't/won't cost 7 mill. A huge probability this trade looks on the surface like a huge win for the Devils. But Garland, Hogy, Podkolzin have earned Brocks prime minutes and I think they will do more with them than he is. 

We clear 4m off the cap for future moves like loading up for the cup run baby!!!!!

Pete Miller Hoglander

Garland Bo Pearson

Dickinson Macleod Podkolzin (ya that looks better)

Motte Dowling Highmore

Lockwood

OEL Myers

Hughes Hammonic

Seigenthaler Poolman (Wait an actual shut down pairing crazy do you think it would help the top 4 produce more?) 

Rathbone Burroughs

5 reasons why Canucks fans are madly in love with Brock Boeser | Offside

Vvz4ZAQ.jpg

Honestly a methodical layout and a good idea. 

• Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

Not when you factor in the differences between their contracts. No 

• Cheers 1

Agreed with the benefit of trading him before his cap hit becomes unmanageable and those assets do hold appeal, but ultimately this would still be selling him low during his slump.  If they want Miller (hotly rumored to be in the middle of the rift in the room) I'm sure we can get Siegenthaler, McLeod and a higher pick, then we can and should wait until Boeser plays his value back up before trading him.      

32 minutes ago, hammertime said:

But how would it improve the team? You still have all the same problems. 

You're likely right but maybe Miller-Pettersson-Toffoli capture lightning in a bottle again?  Those guys were absolutely magic together before the covid stoppage occurred in 2020.   

20 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Agreed with the benefit of trading him before his cap hit becomes unmanageable and those assets do hold appeal, but ultimately this would still be selling him low during his slump.  If they want Miller (hotly rumored to be in the middle of the rift in the room) I'm sure we can get Siegenthaler, McLeod and a higher pick, then we can and should wait until Boeser plays his value back up before trading him.      

That Corey Hersh megalomaniac fueled idiocy that Miller is dividing the room I don't believe for a second. String a few wins together and the split in the room clears right up. Miller is our top scorer wins draws PK's does absolutely everything. I think we absolutely have to go after a 1st + for Miller when the time comes. But that can wait until next year if they still haven't turned the ship around.  

Edited by hammertime

Meh...mortgaging the future...

NAS: Borowiecki + 3rd 2022 for Myers.  We get a big cheap bottom pair LHD.

MTL:  Dvorak for Dowling + 1st (top 10 protected) 2022 + 2nd 2022.  We get 3rd line LH C with good faceoff % and can PK.  Unfortunately not RH C.

NYI: Mayfield for Rathbone + 3rd 2022.

Lines:

EP Bo Boeser 

Garland Miller Podz

Pearson Dvorak Hogz

Motte Dickinson Chaisson

Lammikko  

OEL Mayfield

Hughes Hamonic 

Boroweicki Poolman

Schenn Borroughs

Demko