The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Boston Bruins at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 08, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, aznmonk said:

Next game will be another important game... win or lose! Hopefully win cause Winnipeg has a back to back. So hopefully we can take advantage of them and krakens could help wear them down for us... I believe demko has the hot hands and continue to ride him till he can't take it no more... I guess Coach BB is a father figure for our young core? Young at heart!!! Knows when and where to have some sort of fun? If we beat every team above us in our conference it's a winning season in my  books. Cause canucks are 2-0 so far.. we are playing above .500.. Benning was to dumb to see green was the problem... or was it the owner wanted to cheap out on management? We will never know... I think it's the later cause after linden he never hired president! I guess he took over president without a tag...? 

It seems, BB just have them playing hard and not worrying about the standings.  

4 minutes ago, aznmonk said:

He lost the room when he waived all our big enforcers!

The lost of those players, just confirmed Greens' very rigid nature to have favorites.  I do wonder, where he will land, once his welfare cheque from Aqauman has expired ?

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AC30 said:

And now for something completely different 

what the &^@# is with these stupid chat rankings...? I’m now a lame comet superstar or something...? 

how old is the person who set that up?

who does that appeal to?
like who gives a $&!#?

Chat rankings are important 

you are not a lame anything 

the person is 23 years old who set this up

it appeals to me

my mom gives a sh1t

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Myers has been on and off. Schenn is a solid 7th on a good team and Hamonic/Poolman are good 5 D. We will only ever be a wild-card team at best with this D-core and that's because our top 6 forward group is deep and we have a stellar goalie. The D-makeup isn't that great either. No real defensive guys.

We need a few players with bite and pushback in the bottom 6. On top of a 4th C(Sutter?) and another solid 3rd C since Miller jumps up and down in the lineup and for top 6 injuries.

Schenn is vying for the team unsung hero award the way he's playing. The way he's going, no way they take him off the lineup. For some reason, Schenn just fits here in Vancouver. He was tremendous his first go around here

Edited by filthycanuck
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I would agree on that.  One of those guys could be used to get a top 4 RHD to play with Huggy.  My hunch is it could be Miller.  At 30 years old is the new GM going to give him an 8x8 contract?

Never know what could happen. Like I said the team can go in a lot of different directions. We're gonna be bringing a new GM and he'll get to decide that.

My guess first is that they'll figure out whether or not this group, as it is, can have success. The cap makeup of this team towards us not really bringing guys in and potentially losing guys with youngsters needing raises. This group will have to win with what is has for the most part.

Miller is a pretty key guy, even more so with Petey/Boeser(happy he's recently scored twice) struggling this season. I think we move Miller if we can't have success with this team, we can't afford him and/or he plans to walk. I think there's a better chance he'd walk in free agency than Horvat too considering he'd be the top FA. Depends on Miller though. I wouldn't blame him if he wanted his payday, he's earned it. 

I have some concerns about the makeup of the team but I want to see how the next 25-30 games play out. It would be good to help determine things for certain and to compare. 

I believe the play of the team the rest of the year will have a huge factor what direction this team goes.

If we can't have success with this group then we probably blow things up(not seriously) retaining most of the key core and reshaping the roster towards one the new GM feels can have success.

If we start having significant success we probably hold the roster till next year and go from there. There's a two year window with this roster if this team has success before we lose key guys(Miller/etc) and have to figure out(the new GM) the next steps to take. I wouldn't want to lose Miller or anyone key like that for nothing though so that decision will have to be made.

Lots of decisions and work to be done. It is a little thrilling and leaves me anxious at times. Never know what to expect moving forward

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

Schenn is vying for the team unsung hero award the way he's playing. The way he's going, no way they take him off the lineup. For some reason, Schenn just fits here in Vancouver. He was tremendous his first go around here

Burroughs too and both of them are signed 850k(Schenn) 750k(Burroughs) for the next 2 years(including this one).

Both these guys also are top 2 in hits per 60 on the team.

Not a bad parting gift from JB. I'll give him due credit for these depth guys in particular, a minor win. Doesn't discount his other failures but credit where it's due.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, -DLC- said:

You know, facing so much adversity then starting to turn it around in the other direction can really gel a team.  Through thick and thin stuff.

It's nice to be hopeful again.  We're in such a deep hole, but......  (a girl can dream).

Boys too Deb, boys too :)

2 hours ago, theochar said:

Sergio I wish you playin for us now in your prime, you were a bad mofo that could play and score!!

Look at that scowl!

s-l400.jpg

That early 90s team were a group of badasses.   Momesso, Courtnall, Odjick, Hunter, Antoski, Walker, Diddick, Dirk, Murzyn, even Babych.  My favourite era of hockey by far.

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Myers has been on and off. Schenn is a solid 7th on a good team and Hamonic/Poolman are good 5 D. We will only ever be a wild-card team at best with this D-core and that's because our top 6 forward group is deep and we have a stellar goalie. The D-makeup isn't that great either. No real defensive guys.

We need a few players with bite and pushback in the bottom 6. On top of a 4th C(Sutter?) and another solid 3rd C since Miller jumps up and down in the lineup and for top 6 injuries.

Much is made about our D but look at every team considered a contender, every team has flaws due to the cap. I honestly could care less if analytics say this team has a weak D since we are top 4 in GA 5on5. Our record is 100% because of the pk and our offense struggling.

Look at the last 5 games, the 4 games we won we scored on the pp every game while being over 85% on the kill.

The offense isn't all the way back but it's trending up while the pk looks like it might become a strength instead of a weakness. 

If things stay like this we're going to win a lot more than we lose and if we start scoring like 2019 and still maintain the excellent 5on5 game along with this version of the pk and Demko being a  top 10 goalie we will make the playoffs even after the bad start. 

I read that even with our offense as is I'd our pk was league average we would be 1st in the west. Now obviously it's moot because the pk isn't league average but just shows what could be going forward if we improve that aspect and continue to maintain excellent 5on5 GA.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1