The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Winnipeg Jets at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 10, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

56 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Hamonic has a modified NTC, maybe I am naive but I don't see him getting traded this season after everything he has gone through to this point to be a member of the team.

It's 8 teams.  I'm pretty sure the Islanders aren't one of those teams, and Montreal is a great city to live in and play in and it's in Canada and close to home, so they are probably not on his list either...

58 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I just don't believe they are of the mindset to sell anything right now, they still figure they will be in the Playoffs.

They've only won one game in over a month and that was Ottawa.  Their chances of making the playoffs are less than Vancouver.  Probably close to zero...

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

They've only won one game in over a month and that was Ottawa.  Their chances of making the playoffs are less than Vancouver.  Probably close to zero...

You are absolutely right, nobody is going to tell Lou Lamorello that however and with the experience he has in his coaching and his lineup he probably will still wait things out to determine where they sit. I could see the Isles going on a run at some point, too late though ? most likely.

6 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

You are absolutely right, nobody is going to tell Lou Lamorello that however and with the experience he has in his coaching and his lineup he probably will still wait things out to determine where they sit. I could see the Isles going on a run at some point, too late though ? most likely.

JR versus Lou.  The battle of the Titans.  Who gonna win that one?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

How about:

To NYI: Pearson, Rathbone

To Vancouver: Mayfield, Bellows

We keep developing Rath on the PP down on the farm. I think he'd be a good trade commodity. He isn't going to beat out OEL. But he has to put in the work. Up his own value. 

Maybe add Bailey. Then they could have the Bailey Brothers. 

1 hour ago, eeeeergh said:

Yup, Ekholm's offensive game has dropped off a lot. 

Myers plays a pretty good transition game tbh. We love to hate on him, but I think that there are some teams like NY and maybe Nashville that'd be interested in him. 

Nashville is in a rebuild - a competitive rebuild as Poile calls it.  Don't see them interested in Myers when they already have Ekholm/Josi as veterans and want their younger Ds to take on larger roles.  

1 minute ago, mll said:

Nashville is in a rebuild - a competitive rebuild as Poile calls it.  Don't see them interested in Myers when they already have Ekholm/Josi as veterans and want their younger Ds to take on larger roles.  

Nashville’s young guys are craperolla.  They should sell, and rebuild properly.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

That's terrible. How can a Canadian market have that happen. Wth 

There is a risk of injury in that wow

It's odd Vancouver is known for usually having good ice I believe. Sudden changes in weather can have an effect or the rink being used for something else the night before, or even the same day. I guess maybe the ice crew can have a bad day here and there as well.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Man, that Connor is a helluva' player. In truth, figure we were all hoping that's what Boeser would become.

When a star has wheels like KC, it's something to behold.

He's getting pretty close to a top 10 player in the league I'm thinking. He's been unstoppable against us. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2