The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Evander Kane

Just now, SilentSam said:

So would @King Heffy @canuck73_3 and others it seems.

I prefer to see players with the abilities to take us for long runs into playoffs..

There’s been too many ghosts on this team since 2011.

Sutter / Ferland included.

Well then let's get those players that bring those abilities WITHOUT being a liability between the ears like Kane is.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

So would @King Heffy @canuck73_3 and others it seems.

I prefer to see players with the abilities to take us for long runs into playoffs..

There’s been too many ghosts on this team since 2011.

Sutter / Ferland included.

Lawson Crouse, younger, has the tools, not a head case. Done. And we got rid of Loui last summer so drop your stupid straw man argument there. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Lawson Crouse, younger, has the tools, not a head case. Done. And we got rid of Loui last summer so drop your stupid straw man argument there. 

I'd love Crouse but he's going to cost a ton.  Rathbone and a second would work if we can dump some cap though.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yeah his agent might have an agenda. 

Milstein has clients he would prefer to keep than lose them over mistrust and lying about.

I don’t think any “agenda” other than doing and speaking about what is right would be good for his rep.

https://puckpedia.com/agent/daniel-milstein

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Money..  far more than the 3.5 last week.

or possibility of a single year contract here.

• Haha 1

Milstein has clients he would prefer to keep than lose them over mistrust and lying about.

I don’t think any “agenda” other than doing and speaking about what is right would be good for his rep.

Please watch Thank You For Smoking.  Just because it's his job to defend his client does not mean he is telling the truth.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd love Crouse but he's going to cost a ton.  Rathbone and a second would work if we can dump some cap though.

So a contract with Kane for the remainder of this season for less than 1m dosent work for you?

it’s a skilled tested question.. be careful. :) 

• RoughGame 1

Everyone wants money in the end and "what's right" can be subjective at times. What may be right for Kane and his agent might not be right for everyone else. I want to believe everyone's rainbows and butterflies too, but this is a capitalist society in the end.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Im not changing the debate.

would you rather have a high salary player on your team who produced roughly a point per game , who could help to get you cup contention, who was a “bad boy” with NO criminal convictions on your team. (Kane)

..Or a high salary player (same contract) on your team, who produced nothing in a game, gave gutless efforts, was a ghost,.  But a really nice guy? (Player Name)

I'd rather have 2 guys at 1/2 the cost who put up 1/2 the points of Kane and 2Xs the points at 1/2 the cost of Loui

equal the hits of Tyler Motte, but 2X the games played, equal the speed and 1.20 Xs the size

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve yet to see a legit argument for Kane here, better than Chiasson and Player Name is all I have seen. The long playoff run argument doesn’t even work for me because the only long playoff run he had he was closer to a passenger on a good Shark team with only 8 points in 20 games. 

The Sedins were called playoff no shows by some on here with 22 and 20 points each in 25 games. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, lmm said:

I'd rather have 2 guys at 1/2 the cost who put up 1/2 the points of Kane and 2Xs the points at 1/2 the cost of Loui

equal the hits of Tyler Motte, but 2X the games played, equal the speed and 1.20 Xs the size

I agree with this as well. I think overall there's just a ton more options out there that will get us better that does not involve Kane, some more expensive, but also some cheaper.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

I agree with this as well. I think overall there's just a ton more options out there that will get us better that does not involve Kane, some more expensive, but also some cheaper.

Good luck.

the term “good luck” defines what is not real , from what is real.

I prefer to work in reality.

5 minutes ago, lmm said:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

I love this thread.  
Just jam packed full of assumptions.  

Can someone please share where his teammates have come out and said they want him out?   Not media assumptions, but actual statements from teammates.  

Also, what are these issues?   
Seems a lot of his ‘trouble’ has come from a woman who was found to be making stuff up. 
ie. the gambling and abuse were both proven to be false.  

up to faking his vaccine card, his problems were generally his own. That did cross a line. 

If Kane was willing to go into a 30 day counselling program prior to coming here, I'd give him a chance. I don't like giving up on people unless you have to. But it would be a real short leash. 

• Cheers 2