The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal- Pearson, halak and Hamonic

39 minutes ago, Devron said:

You mean all they guys with NTC

Lol Halak has a NMC actually.  If he does go though I'd be happy swapping him for DeSmith, Hamonic maybe for a 3rd, and I doubt Pearson goes.  

Edited by Phil_314
  • Haha 4

Maybe some combination of these 3 could get us a couple picks (2nd and 4th maybe) and a cap dump player on an expiring contract. 

Although I would be nervous trading with Edmonton, something like this could be good for us long term:

- taking Koskinen (4.5 mil for the remainder of this season)

- a 2nd round pick

- McLeod 

From Van:

- Halak

- Dickinson 

First things first. Move the low hanging fruit. Whether that's Miller, Halak, Motte, some combination...

Those are easy moves that don't require adding assets/inferior returns etc and immediately clear cap, even with some likely coming back.

Doing that gets the cap "foot" off of our "throat" and immediately increases any leverage of potentially moving guys like Hamonic, Poolman, Dickinson, Pearson etc (assuming management decides to move some of them).

21 hours ago, aGENT said:

First things first. Move the low hanging fruit. Whether that's Miller, Halak, Motte, some combination...

Those are easy moves that don't require adding assets/inferior returns etc and immediately clear cap, even with some likely coming back.

Doing that gets the cap "foot" off of our "throat" and immediately increases any leverage of potentially moving guys like Hamonic, Poolman, Dickinson, Pearson etc (assuming management decides to move some of them).

Unless Poolman, Dickenson and Pearson could be moved without any assets being added to them, then I say they should move them even as soon as this year at TDL. Those are deadweights on our team that dont contribute much while taking valuable cap space we need for more important signings like Horvat. OEL eventhough is playing decent defensively is the biggest anchor on our team right now.