The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks getting calls on Conor Garland

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Hearing LA is very interested in Garland, and it's possible Turcotte+ is part of the deal

If Turcotte is coming back for Garland that's a trade we better darned well make.  Then we can trade Miller to help with our D and Go with Petey, Bo, Turcotte down the middle.

Get 'er done PA.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Hearing LA is very interested in Garland, and it's possible Turcotte+ is part of the deal

That would be a pretty solid return. My bar is currently set as Guenther+ for Garland, because that's essentially what we paid for him. Turcotte would be huge for a organization with nearly no real center prospects. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Interesting.

Reminds of when LA traded another 5th overall pick for Richards in order to go all in.

If Turcotte can come close to the level of Schenn that would be a hell of a deal.

That being said Turcotte’s numbers are not at all impressive for a 21 year old. Plus he’s only 5’11”…Can anyone shed some light on why Turcotte is still hyped despite underwhelming stats for a 5th overall?

Seems like Brandte Clarke and someone like Vilardi is who we should be targeting.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Interesting.

Reminds of when LA traded another 5th overall pick for Richards in order to go all in.

If Turcotte can come close to the level of Schenn that would be a hell of a deal.

That being said Turcotte’s numbers are not at all impressive for a 21 year old. Plus he’s only 5’11”…Can anyone shed some light on why Turcotte is still hyped despite underwhelming stats for a 5th overall?

Seems like Brandte Clarke and someone like Vilardi is who we should be targeting.

I think you just answered your own question with the bolded.  

There is probably a good reason why Turcotte is tied to Garland rumors, and not the latter.

1 minute ago, T.Demko said:

I think you just answered your own question with the bolded.  

There is probably a good reason why Turcotte is tied to Garland rumors, and not the latter.

I have no interest in Turcotte unless someone can shed some light on why this smallish player who’s putting up below average numbers is worth trading a 50 point cheap contract puck protection stud like Garland?

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Interesting.

What are the chances we could get Clarke for Garland?  Likely zero, no?  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

What are the chances we could get Clarke for Garland?  Likely zero, no?  

No idea but that’s what I’m asking for from a division rival or no deal.

Him or Byfield are the only way we trade Garland to them. We can get an average prospect like Turcotte from any team.

Edited by DeNiro

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

No idea but that’s what I’m asking for from a division rival or no deal.

Him or Byfield are the only way we trade Garland to them. We can get an average prospect like Turcotte from any team.

Byfield?  He's been worse than Turcotte.  I agree it's got to be Clarke if Garland goes to the Kings.  Then the sting of losing our first in last draft is lessened.  Plus, we end up with the guy many of us here actually wanted in that draft.  It would be some serious 4D chess by PA if we got Clarke.

1 minute ago, T.Demko said:

Clarke would enter the conversation when LA is interested in Miller.  I don't see them moving Clarke for Garland.

If Miller is going to LA then the return would likely be Clarke + Turcotte + 2022 first?  More?

27 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

That would be a pretty solid return. My bar is currently set as Guenther+ for Garland, because that's essentially what we paid for him. Turcotte would be huge for a organization with nearly no real center prospects. 

Guenther over Turcotte.

15 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I have no interest in Turcotte unless someone can shed some light on why this smallish player who’s putting up below average numbers is worth trading a 50 point cheap contract puck protection stud like Garland?

I don’t think that 8 games while getting 11 minutes a game alongside low skill plugs is much a way to showcase what you have in a skill player.

They definitely have to add though.  Maybe Garland plus Poolman for Turcotte, Grans, and a 2nd.