The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks getting calls on Conor Garland

Eklund posted a vague rumour about a Yamamoto/Garland swap.

It doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense as it would add cap to Edmonton and there is no way we should retain on Garland.

I do that deal if it comes up though.  Drops almost $2 million in cap and a few years of future cap liability.  We could choose not to qualify Yamamoto after this season.

2 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

How is Yamamoto at killing penalties?

Last couple years he’s averaged just over a minute of PK time a game. That’s a secondary PKer TOI. His metrics are not terrible but they also aren’t good. 

4 minutes ago, rekker said:

Don't know, don't care, don't want that Coiler cast off unless it's to flip him, or retain for his one last contract year and flip him.

few years back cdc was going gaga over yamamoto- now no one wants him.  seems like every year there is a small soft american forward that cdc goes gaga over then forgets about a few years later.  

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

How is Yamamoto at killing penalties?

A little “meh”, but really the reason to do that deal would be to save cap space now and for the extra years on the deal.

… or they throw in one of Ceci, Kulak, or Desharnais in a package it could actually sound like a hockey trade and make more sense.

Edited by Provost

10 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

TEAMS ARE CALLING!!!!!

They are asking - what kinda sweetener can you give us to take CGAR.... Hogz? Podz? 2025 2nd? two 3rds?

C'mon PA trade down with Nashville, and pick up a 2nd and Sissons, I am sure one of Wood, Simashev, Danielson, Willander, will be there

We don't need to add sweetener, just need to be patient. Once all the reasonable forward free agents are off the board about 30 min into the start of free agency, his value will go up.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Not to rain on anyone's parade. But we didn't see a lot of results with Brock. 

I'm keeping my expectations low, but Garland does make almost $2 million less than Boeser, so he might be easier to move?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...