The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Changes Need to Happen ASAP

Rate this topic

HockeyHarry

9 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

They need to extract the most value. Closer to the trade deadline teams can afford pro rated contracts more. It is important that we are patient and let teams get into a bidding war.

Yup.  I’m sure Alvin and JR have directed their staff to identify the players, prospects, and picks that are the best return to suit what they have decided is what’s best to build us a winner.  The concerning part for me is our owner.  What is the time frame he’s given management to build the club.  Do they have 2 years (retool around current core) or do they have longer?  

• Vintage 1

I’ll say this, something I’ve brought up in the past. Immediate change needed: players need to stop using actual Gatorade in the Sponsored Gatorade bottles. That stuff is a joke. Artificial crap. Start using some of the more bonafide stuff. You can notice the colour difference because it’s natural colours as opposed to the chemicals that Gadorade uses. Just because they advertise with us doesn’t mean players have to consume that crap. It’s a small step, kind of like Benning’s sleep research / regiments for players, but it all helps. Incidentally, the artificial junk in Gadorade *will* keep players up at bedtime more than the true / elite sports drinks.

• Cheers 1

Another immediate change needed: change the netting at both ends of the rink to stop pucks from hitting crowd from its current black to a white colour. If you’re watching the game with the net in your way, a white colour makes it all but disappear when looking at the ice. The only advantage the black color has is that it’s less obvious / distracting from the camera / people watching the game at home.

• Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I’ll say this, something I’ve brought up in the past. Immediate change needed: players need to stop using actual Gatorade in the Sponsored Gatorade bottles. That stuff is a joke. Artificial crap. Start using some of the more bonafide stuff. You can notice the colour difference because it’s natural colours as opposed to the chemicals that Gadorade uses. Just because they advertise with us doesn’t mean players have to consume that crap. It’s a small step, kind of like Benning’s sleep research / regiments for players, but it all helps. Incidentally, the artificial junk in Gadorade *will* keep players up at bedtime more than the true / elite sports drinks.

BF20FE1F-4954-4C0A-850E-E268AB83E1B1.gif

On 2/4/2022 at 12:11 PM, Strawbone said:

I like most of your suggestions. Until I got down to... "Canucks need to win games". What the hell kind of crazy talk is that? :frantic:

I don't care if this win or lose anymore this year. If they can win, great. If not, no biggie, it's be a tumultuous season. Trade the guys you want to trade and start with 'process'. 

Next year though. 

14 hours ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  I’m sure Alvin and JR have directed their staff to identify the players, prospects, and picks that are the best return to suit what they have decided is what’s best to build us a winner.  The concerning part for me is our owner.  What is the time frame he’s given management to build the club.  Do they have 2 years (retool around current core) or do they have longer?  

Nice thing about this current re-structuring is that a proper organization is been created that has checks and balances in place to hopefully keep ownership out of the day to day now.   Allvin will also have 3 AGMs to help keep them on the right path.    JR has been in this game long enough to know when to listen too, and when to veto whatever sort of influence the owners have.   Seems like with his side projects in play to improve facilities, and the ballooning management staff  etc - that ownerships wallets are wide open (again) to help the players and the team in every way to possible to achieve the ultimate goal being a cup.

Going to take a couple years to both clean up and finish what JB started .... Bruce for sure has them playing a better brand of hockey.    That's also encouraging. 

• Cheers 1