The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks exploring Tyler Myers trade

brian42

6 minutes ago, Plaguez said:

Is there anything in the Leaf's system worth trading for?  If not I'd hope we could get at least a 2nd, hopefully a 2nd and a 4th.  I have no issues trading Myers, not like this defense can get worse.  This is the year to accumulate assets for the draft and hope to kickstart next year. 

Yeah, no way in hell Myers is netting us a 2nd lol

Edited by Harold Drunken

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

I would be willing to retain a couple million and scoop up a first. Myers at 4M is a good value RD for teams desperate to fill that position. Only problem is we would need to find another top 4 defenceman and we have no prospects that can fill that void. None whatsoever. 

What do you mean scoop up a fIrst?????

People on here talking about getting 1st or 2nd rounders for Myers are smoking methamphetamines lol on what planet are we getting a first or second rounder for Myers?. We are lucky if we get a mid rounder and don't have to give up a pick in return. My goodness, this isn't easy franchise mode on NHL22.

Edited by Harold Drunken

29 minutes ago, JM_ said:

trading Bo would/should be the start of the full tear down. For sure his value is at a peak but he's also a dream addition for a GM, no character issues, no bs, works hard, family dude, etc etc. No warts on Bo.

I wonder if Winnipeg would surprise us as a dark hose trade partner? 

Bo is second in the league in goals, a team captain and coming off his highest career goal total. I think his value is 100% the highest it's ever been, hard to argue that.

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • Vintage 1

9 hours ago, wildcam said:

Vancouver trade Myers and have no replacement for the big RD man that plays against other team vest forwards 20--22 mins.

Serious big hole to fill without Myers in the lineup. Management seen what happened when Myers miss 3 games at start of the season.

I think the idea is we take a bit of a step back since we aren't uhhh...very good... 

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, wildcam said:

Vancouver trade Myers and have no replacement for the big RD man that plays against other team vest forwards 20--22 mins.

Serious big hole to fill without Myers in the lineup. Management seen what happened when Myers miss 3 games at start of the season.

You're missing the point, they obviously wouldn't be trying to get better by trading Myers. They are trying to gain cap flexibility  and offload a heavy contract. If we trade Myers or OEL etc. it's not with the intention of getting better or making a playoff push it's because we are finally realizing this core won't compete and they are starting over or looking at the off season, not the post season. 

7 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Bo is second in the league in goals, a team captain and coming off his highest career goal total. I think his value is 100% the highest it's ever been, hard to argue that.

no doubt. I was just wondering if Wheeler would agree to be moved... replacing him with Bo would set up Winnipeg nicely. 

Just now, Harold Drunken said:

You're missing the point, they obviously wouldn't be trying to get better by trading Myers. They are trying to gain cap flexibility  and offload a heavy contract. If we trade Myers or OEL etc. it's not with the intention of getting better or making a playoff push it's because we are finally realizing this core won't compete and they are starting over or looking at the off season, not the post season. 

Who knows what direct new management is going to go? I really don't think ownership or Rutherford want a complete rebuild he signed a 3yr contract and almost been here 1 yr now..

3 minutes ago, JM_ said:

no doubt. I was just wondering if Wheeler would agree to be moved... replacing him with Bo would set up Winnipeg nicely. 

My problem with Wheeler is he's 36 years old and carries a $8.25m cap hit until ...wouldn't make sense to take that one on....in my opinion anyway. 

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • There it is 1

Just now, Harold Drunken said:

My problem with Wheeler is he's 36 years old and carries a $8.25m cap hit until 2024....wouldn't make sense to take that one on....in my opinion anyway. 

I'm talking in a tear down scenario here. 

4 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Who knows what direct new management is going to go? I really don't think ownership or Rutherford want a complete rebuild he signed a 3yr contract and almost been here 1 yr now..

Yeah I don't know either, but it's only logical if they start trading our "top" defenseman it's likely they are looking past this season. At a certain point they have to make a decision whether they think this team will make the playoffs or not. If we aren't going to, then there's no sense in keeping some of these guys when we could send them out and have some cap space for the off season. That's a big factor come trade deadline time buyers vs. sellers.

Edited by Harold Drunken

I have a tough time believing any Leafs rumours. That team and fan base are even more desperate than the Canucks, they're pathetic and just hoping so much that JR makes a deal with them. F off TOR, you have nothing we want.

And I highly doubt they want Myers, it's Schenn that they want, he makes more than 7 times less than Myers.

Just now, JM_ said:

I'm talking in a tear down scenario here. 

I don't think Canucks will make full tear down.. 

Canucks will keep - Demko 26-- Hughes 22-- Petey23 -- Podkolzin 21- Mikheya -- (1 -Horvat 27  or Miller 29)

Boeser or Garland -- I would trade Boeser

Hoglander 21- great speed I would be in no rush to move him..

2 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Canucks will keep - Demko 26-- Hughes 22-- Petey23 -- Podkolzin 21- Mikheya -- (1 -Horvat 27  or Miller 29)

Agreed, I like Hoglander and I'm not ready to give up on him, but he really needs to be in Abbotsford right now developing and gaining confidence. His camp may not want that though...

• There it is 1

6 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

yeah but if we are tearing it down, why do we want that player and dollar figure?

Exactly Canucks would want to have cap room like Arizona,Buffalo, Ducks.. Take on some bad contracts but you get young prospects or high picks to take on contracts...Dickinson deal example - 2nd rounder - Dickinson --- Van  Stillman # 6 LD

Chicago win that deal.. 

45 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

What do you mean scoop up a fIrst?????

People on here talking about getting 1st or 2nd rounders for Myers are smoking methamphetamines lol on what planet are we getting a first or second rounder for Myers?. We are lucky if we get a mid rounder and don't have to give up a pick in return. My goodness, this isn't easy franchise mode on NHL22.

You're working under the assumption that Toronto has a qualified GM and NHL quality defencemen.  They have neither.  You are really underestimating the stupidity of Dubas.

32 minutes ago, wildcam said:

They'll also be sure to keep Ekman-Larsson.

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

trading Bo would/should be the start of the full tear down. For sure his value is at a peak but he's also a dream addition for a GM, no character issues, no bs, works hard, family dude, etc etc. No warts on Bo.

I wonder if Winnipeg would surprise us as a dark hose trade partner? 

Hard to say, likely not unless Bo was willing to extend 

Miller to Winnipeg makes more sense given they have a hard time retaining some guys 

Miller likely wouldn't be thrilled but eh, he gets his money

• There it is 1