The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at New Jersey Devils | Feb. 28, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Past 10 games Canucks are 6-4

Past 10 games with high danger chances for and  against, Canucks are 2-8

Halak was as bad as half the team tonight but man BB has he work cut out for him to reduce these grade A chances

Rutherford says we need more speed in the line up, completely agree.

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, HKSR said:

For me, a backup goalie should be good about half the games they play.  Here's an example for Laurent Brossoit in Vegas.  Half the time he's above .900, other half below.  That's an average goaltender in my opinion.

Screenshot_20220228-201229_Chrome.thumb.jpg.eaf3e5da3b2782d830928a249207fa72.jpg

so what's your point? in halak 10 start half is .900+ half is <.900?

1 hour ago, Devron said:

Going to make it real simple for you guys because this will be the defence vs Halak thread. 

Halak was awful and our first period was awful. It spiralled. Demko should have started this game. At the end of the day our next game is Thursday and Demko should have started this game.

Regarless of your point of view of the team. Demko is the key to our success 

he played last night and a lot before that, so i see the reason to play Halak. He was bad tonight but i feel for Halak, it seems everytime he gets the start, the D-core S*it the bed

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, turtle beef said:

he played last night and a lot before that, so i see the reason to play Halak. He was bad tonight but i feel for Halak, it seems everytime he gets the start, the D-core S*it the bed

Ot just Halak though Demko is elite and covers our issues a lot. 2-8 high danger chances is atrocious. 

3 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Extremely disappointing. I turned this game off halfway through the 2nd period AND I NEVER DO THAT. I just couldn’t take it anymore. This game was 2 points that we really needed, and let’s be honest. This was a very winnable game against a very beatable opponent. Onto the next. 

Canuck curse of playing down to lessor opponents. Frustrating af. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, grandmaster said:

Halak needs to go. Our back up ought to be Spencer Martin. I get the team as a whole did not perform well but I’ve yet to see Halak steal a game for us.

The back up shouldn’t have too. This city is so spoiled for goalies. And still don’t appreciate it. 

• Cheers 1

Poor Bruce...lost for words in the post game presser.  "Shocking" is what I thought I heard.  Welcome to Canuck nation, Bruce.  This is what us Canucks fans have been witnessing for the past ten seasons.  Too many burn the film games that I've lost track. 

Halak - doing his best to diminish his TDL value.  Guy has turned out to be quite the sieve.  Hope he's willing to waive his NMC for a couple of hockey sticks.

This could have been the exact same outcome yesterday at MSG had it not been for Demko. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

The back up shouldn’t have too. This city is so spoiled for goalies. And still don’t appreciate it. 

Good teams have goalies stealing games every once in a while. I’m just saying Halak doesn’t seem to have that ability like he did back in the day. Spencer Martin seems to have that. 

37 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

If you're expecting your backup to hold the other team to two goals or less every game you probably don't have realistic expectations of a backup 

If this team doesn't score in front of him shouldn't the be worthy of criticism too? If he's giving up 2+ goals a game and we barely score isn't that just as much a team issue as a Halak issue? 

If we don't score more than two goals most games we aren't going to win much, period.

Spencer Martin only allowed 3 goals in 5 games and never lost in regulation.  The team scored 8 goals in 3 games with him in net...

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Poor Bruce...lost for words in the post game presser.  "Shocking" is what I thought I heard.  Welcome to Canuck nation, Bruce.  This is what us Canucks fans have been witnessing for the past ten seasons.  Too many burn the film games that I've lost track. 

Halak - doing his best to diminish his TDL value.  Guy has turned out to be quite the sieve.  Hope he's willing to waive his NMC for a couple of hockey sticks.

This could have been the exact same outcome yesterday at MSG had it not been for Demko. 

Which is why this so laughable people pile on Halak like it’s his fault.