The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in John Marino

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

Not sure PIT wants Garland, I believe they want Boeser

I'd possibly do:

Boeser and Poolman

Marino, Kapanen and Poulin

Boeser has more importance to us than Marino has to Pit. If Boes is being traded, you absolutely have to get Marino and Poulin + as the baseline in that deal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Not sure PIT wants Garland, I believe they want Boeser

I'd possibly do:

Boeser and Poolman

Marino, Kapanen and Poulin

It's going to be Garland straight across.  that's a fair trade.

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It's going to be Garland straight across.  that's a fair trade.

Only if we include a “smelly socks”  :bigblush: contract like Poolman and get another F asset in return. I view Kapanen or Rodrigues for Poolman as a wash, but what we the deal we have to come out with some cap relief 

Edited by RWJC

I watched Marino play the other night, and he's a solid, smart defender, has some decent size. I think he'd be great with Hughes. 

Schneider would've been nice, but NYR aren't letting him go. Or who knows, maybe after the Rangers are ousted in Round 1 and they trade Schneider + for Miller in the off season. 

D is the biggest concern for the Canucks, and Marino would be a great start. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I ask you this. If he’s super good, why are the Pens contemplating trading him when their D is aging? I mentioned this in another thread.  They have Pettersson and Joseph earmarked for the future. Why not Marino?  

This.... THIS

14 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I ask you this. If he’s super good, why are the Pens contemplating trading him when their D is aging? I mentioned this in another thread.  They have Pettersson and Joseph earmarked for the future. Why not Marino?  

No where it says they are. We’re the ones that are interested in acquiring him. Not the other way around

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

No where it says they are. We’re the ones that are interested in acquiring him. Not the other way around

Apparently he’s being shopped a bit by PIT. Maybe just gauging value/market interest…

The one thing I like is that JR has direct relationship/history with most of the GMs we could be dealing with. If it’s PIT, there’s previous rapport between him and Hextall. Could benefit us.

Edited by RWJC
  • Thanks 1

We’re not gonna afford all 3 of Boeser Horvat and Miller. I hate to lose Boeser as much as the next guy, but these are the type of sacrifices you have to make :/

We need good solid right handed defenseman. Marino is one of those best bang for bargain (or whatever the saying goes lmao) out there 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Odd. said:

We’re not gonna afford all 3 of Boeser Horvat and Miller. I hate to lose Boeser as much as the next guy, but these are the type of sacrifices you have to make :/

We need good solid right handed defenseman. Marino is one of those best bang for bargain (or whatever the saying goes lmao) out there 

Fair enuf. Just think Boes + could potentially fetch us a legit 1st/2nd pairing RH dman in trade with the right club.  Don’t know if Marino will become that yet. In his defence, there is a fair bit of talent to go round with PIT D. I guess that could make him the odd man out in terms of tradeable assets

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Garland for Marino?  Seems like that's actually a fair deal.  Similar ages, contracts, and controbutions.  

Yeah I think if it happens it'll be a 1 for 1.  Garland for Marino.

Would make sense to see a follow up trade to that of Myers going somewhere to free up cap space.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Odd. said:

We are trading Garland for Marino.  then we keep Boeser.  We are better, and Pit is better.  Both win.  

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yeah I think if it happens it'll be a 1 for 1.  Garland for Marino.

Would make sense to see a follow up trade to that of Myers going somewhere to free up cap space.

Garland can play all lines and both sides special teams. No quit.

Maybe I’m a homer but I value him more. 

But, it’s a good start in reshaping the D if it happens. Definitely not the answer to our problems there, but addresses one aspect. Just need to feed Marino some HGH, hah

• Like 1