The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday March 17 Detroit Red Wings (24-29-7) @ Vancouver Canucks (30-24-7) Rogers Arena 7:00 PDST SNP TV 650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

This team will come back and play amazing to reel me back in but this nonsense just shows how far this team has to go -mentally- despite looking so good at points.  

Last year should have been the year we ironed this stuff out but it was just a big waste that actually set us back.  Ugh.

• Like 1

The Canucks have had a lot of games where the passes were flowing and they were playing with confidence. Today they played like they were already in the playoffs, instead of on the outside looking in while all the teams above them won. 

They had 43 shots, but their play defensively was VERY sloppy and lazy, and their passes / plays offensively were one too many passes. They thought they could easily beat Detroit without working hard and then left it too late to try to get the tying goal.

There was something off about putting Petey in the game. He seemed to put them off balance. It was like they really wanted him to score or shoot more, but he just wasn't confident and it lowered the energy of the team. 

Now can they gel the team again with Petey back on the roster?

Too bad for JT Miller - point streak over. I think part of him also thought - maybe better to trade me to a team that can win in the playoffs than stay here. The Canucks are going to have to prove him wrong or he will ask to get traded. 

Edited by AnotherCanucksFan