The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars | Mar. 26, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Sure love Petey channeling Marcel Dionne on that 2nd goal.

Crazy nail biter.  started freaking when the goal horn went to let them review that play, and all that pressure in the third giving me a heart attack. Huge sigh of relief on the EN!

1 hour ago, DJB said:

I’ve always had this opinion that since Van lost to Bruins and the riot started, the news made it look so much like Canucks fans were responsible. After that Bettman, refs and certain media seems to abandon Vancouver and change the outlook.  
Dunno it’s just how I feel. 
That and Eastern Canada will always dote on  Toronto or any eastern team. 

Rotten Ronnie criminally slandered Burr on national TV before the finals.  The NHL will not have honest officiating as long as Bettman is in the commissioner's office.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, viking mama said:

Ron & Kelly provide the lip service

Bad image; can't shake it; gonna lose my..

nope; wouldn't wasted that rum,

still, yuk

even w/KB3, I just FFWD through 'the panel'

Fork Ron MacLean and all his slimy coverup stuff.

And he has saddled the program with a bunch of crapola hires (never KB3 oc)

• Vintage 1

41 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Hey!

What about a new mojo?

Black Towels.

With the Nasty Jersey colours...

Everybody shows up in black.

The light goes out..

Pink Floyd pumps out the hearbeat beat ..beat

The dark grows to black light orcas rising through the ice 

(Yes, I have been enjoying the evening..

Black towels won’t show up - especially on tv. It wouldn’t look like much of anything at all. 

A black light show with the Orca  appearing upon the ice & swimming across the crowd,…that I could get behind, as a goal-celebration! Is that already happening, now? 

Just issue each seat a black sheet of paper & call upon those  “Olympic/closing ceremony” guys to work their video, lighting, hallogram magic with the orca-thing! 

LOL. 

Why not! Just let ‘em know we give a damn & care-a-lot?! 

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 1

Canucks were definitely lucky in pulling this one off... a lot of Dallas hitting the post.

But on the other end... the wide open Canuck goal that the Dallas player missed... that same player had just seen Demko make an impossible save on him and that was a factor in his hands tightening up and hitting the post.

Demko was definitely the best Canuck... giving Petey his due for scoring two crucial goals.

Anyone notice Dallas was giving Pettersson a lot more room on the PP?  That was a mistake.  If a team does that, then he gets those one timers and a lot of them will go in.

I'm only sorry that Pettersson did not shoot on the 2nd two on one instead of trying to get it through to Horvat... would have liked to see a hat-trick.

Also want to give a shout out to Podz... his forecheck and overall defensive play was excellent... he was breaking up Dallas plays both in the Dallas zone and in the neutral zone... was right on the puck all night.

Anyone watch the Calgary/Deadmonton game?  Calgary feasted on the Coilers lax D play... just filled the net.  Even though Draisaitl got a hat-trick, it didn't matter.  Coilers goalie was dazed and confused by the end.  :blink:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

They still have a lot of gutless players who play scared in the playoffs in the playoffs like Gaudreau and Tkachuk.  Until those cowards are replaced with real men, they'll get exposed in a hurry.

3-4 years ago when the Flames won the west confrence, won the first game against a young up and coming team in Colorado. Then yhe Aves won four straight. Moral of the story (G) Mike Smith 2 assists in that series. (F) Johnny Gaudreau 1 assist in that series. There pre madonna players will soon be exposed.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, Vancan2021 said:

3-4 years ago when the Flames won the west confrence, won the first game against a young up and coming team in Colorado. Then yhe Aves won four straight. Moral of the story (G) Mike Smith 2 assists in that series. (F) Johnny Gaudreau 1 assist in that series. There pre madonna players will soon be exposed.  

Pretty sure the turtle was so scared he faked an injury to avoid dressing by the end of the series if my memory is correct.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Canucks were definitely lucky in pulling this one off... a lot of Dallas hitting the post.

But on the other end... the wide open Canuck goal that the Dallas player missed... that same player had just seen Demko make an impossible save on him and that was a factor in his hands tightening up and hitting the post.

Demko was definitely the best Canuck... giving Petey his due for scoring two crucial goals.

Anyone notice Dallas was giving Pettersson a lot more room on the PP?  That was a mistake.  If a team does that, then he gets those one timers and a lot of them will go in.

I'm only sorry that Pettersson did not shoot on the 2nd two on one instead of trying to get it through to Horvat... would have liked to see a hat-trick.

Also want to give a shout out to Podz... his forecheck and overall defensive play was excellent... he was breaking up Dallas plays both in the Dallas zone and in the neutral zone... was right on the puck all night.

Anyone watch the Calgary/Deadmonton game?  Calgary feasted on the Coilers lax D play... just filled the net.  Even though Draisaitl got a hat-trick, it didn't matter.  Coilers goalie was dazed and confused by the end.  :blink:

The Dallas.

Yes.

1 hour ago, DJB said:

I’ve always had this opinion that since Van lost to Bruins and the riot started, the news made it look so much like Canucks fans were responsible. After that Bettman, refs and certain media seems to abandon Vancouver and change the outlook.  
Dunno it’s just how I feel. 
That and Eastern Canada will always dote on  Toronto or any eastern team. 

Fans WERE. responsible.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

They still have a lot of gutless players who play scared in the playoffs in the playoffs like Gaudreau and Tkachuk.  Until those cowards are replaced with real men, they'll get exposed in a hurry.

I am not a Calgary fan, but this current team is quite different from the Gaudreau 'Lite' team that nearly won the President's Trophy but got eliminated by the Aves in the first round.

This team is a lot heavier, with significant muscle and toughness... Gaudreau and Tkachuk don't need to be the tough guys, they have Lucic, Gudbranson and Zadorov to do the nasty work.

They also have a much steadier and consistent goaltender in Markstrom than they did in 2018-2019 with Mike Smith.

I would not at all be surprised to see Calgary go deep.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

I am not a Calgary fan, but this current team is quite different from the Gaudreau 'Lite' team that nearly won the President's Trophy but got eliminated by the Aves in the first round.

This team is a lot heavier, with significant muscle and toughness... Gaudreau and Tkachuk don't need to be the tough guys, they have Lucic, Gudbranson and Zadorov to do the nasty work.

They also have a much steadier and consistent goaltender in Markstrom than they did in 2018-2019 with Mike Smith.

I would not at all be surprised to see Calgary go deep.

I would be until they get rid of the locker room cancers in Tkachuk and Lucic.  When your top six is mostly made up with gutless cowards, the rest of the lineup doesn't matter.

30 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

People who haven't followed the Flames season will look at the trade deadline/the splashes that the made and compare it to tonights effort and will say CGY is a terrible team despite having aspirations for the playoffs.

Tonight showed despite giving up 5 (not ideal) that they can "run and gun", have subpar goaltending and defence, YET still beat the living out of you. A very rare occassion where the Flames were not discipline defensively. If anything, they are a juggernaut team defensively under Sutter. Makes me very jealous how good they are.

Enough.

Gag.  Gag.

1 hour ago, Goal:thecup said:

Bad image; can't shake it; gonna lose my..

nope; wouldn't wasted that rum,

still, yuk

even w/KB3, I just FFWD through 'the panel'

Fork Ron MacLean and all his slimy coverup stuff.

And he has saddled the program with a bunch of crapola hires (never KB3 oc)

Ron MacLean’s incessant name-dropping at times makes me wonder, if he is collecting perks or pay-offs to plug all of these people, wherever they may be…..or - will his vast sack of trivia simply explode all over the place, if the show doesn’t let him leak-out at least a couple dozen tid-bits of useless information a segment. 

Some history exploration is charming, but Ron’s motor-mouth & patty-stacking of facts or fiction, actually detracts from the point of the conversation,…which is alarming. 

Edited by viking mama
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

During the 2nd period they did mention that this current Flames team has four 30 goal scorers (Lindholm, Mangiapane, Gaudreau, Tkachuk)

Which "Hasn't happened for the Flames since 93-94" (Nieuwendyk, Fleury, Roberts, Reichel) then Scott Oake 'reminded the viewers' that 30-40 goal regular seasons "guarantee nothing & certainly didn't in 93-94, when the Flames took a 3-1 series lead on Vancouver in the opening round, lost the next 3 to go out in 7"

LOL 

Applause to Scott Oake! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I just finished watching the game, 3 stars the post, 2 stars Demko, 1 star Petey.

What a fabulous performance. 

The hockey gods smiling on the team today.

Full Canuck Puck Luck!!!!!

I thought Podkilzin was sensational. So strong and just a beast hounding the puck. Great team performance. 

I tell you if this team makes the playoffs there are some scared teams over there.

• Cheers 1