The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 30, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I sure would.  Only 25yrs + has 2yrs x 6m until he reaches RFA (Miller like $). Then repeat the JT 

trade scenario; sign or trade dilemma.

Meier's being a RW fills a well-worn spot on the Canucks, which means they would need to move

Boeser or Garland.  Pete would have take over his 1C duties completely and the LW side is would

require an upgrade, which could be done in a Boeser trade (+Zacha)

Zacha    Pete   Meier

Pears   Bo   Garland

*Not bad; definitely get the similar or more points from 1st line.  Zacha has been a C, so he

could step at times, if needed.

you'd take Meier over Miller?  Yikes

Just now, Muttley said:

Well he's younger though I don't think he plays at center often.  Age is something to think about for sure. Not everyone ages the same.  Let's say I wouldn't take him over but would be happy to have him as a replacement if Canucks brass were  adamant about moving JT. I don't think they are but that's speculation on my part.

the point being that you said GM's won't be handing out those big contracts, yet there's your example and Miller is significntly better than Meier right now.  Miller's getting paid and he's getting term

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Probably tired of having to carry this team on his back and be the only one putting in an effort.

Like we got the lead after playing poorly and they give up a short handed breakaway? Give the guy a break!

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

I sure would.  Only 25yrs + has 2yrs x 6m until he reaches RFA (Miller like $). Then repeat the JT 

Meier's being a RW fills a well-worn spot on the Canucks, which means they would need to move

Boeser or Garland.  Pete would have take over his 1C duties completely and the LW side is would

Zacha    Pete   Meier

Pears   Bo   Garland

*Not bad; definitely get the similar or more points from 1st line.  Zacha has been a C, so he

Meier plays both sides.   Them extending Hertl signals that they are looking to remain competitive, so can't really see them willing to move Meier unless he gives them no choice.  He has a 10M qualifying offer next season.

2 hours ago, Muttley said:

Because he'll want at least five to six years and I doubt teams are going to be throwing that kind of money around anymore.  The recovery period from the pandemic 

is in it's early stages. Take four to five years for owners to recover. We aren't the NBA.

image.thumb.png.ada47a5b67d045e06cd2f34898efdbdc.png

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Miller not at practice or what?

Batchelor might have mistyped.  Paterson has Horvat not practice after leaving last night's game with an illness.  

Edited by mll
  • Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Zacha    Pete   Meier

Pears   Bo   Garland

my bad, I meant Hertl

6 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Well he's younger though I don't think he plays at center often.  Age is something to think about for sure. Not everyone ages the same.  Let's say I wouldn't take him over but would be happy to have him as a replacement if Canucks brass were  adamant about moving JT. I don't think they are but that's speculation on my part.

my bad, I meant Hertl

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Canucks have no prospects. How do they get prospects? 

Miller, Boeser, Horvat, Garland, Myers, etc. 

Canucks used to have no prospects.   Then they became players - two of those you just named. 

6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Hope Miller is ok...I really don't think I could handle seeing Dixie playing C at all, let alone on

2 separate lines!

Podz - Lammy - Chia

?     Dixke      Locks

2 minutes ago, mll said:

Batchelor might have mistyped.  Paterson has Horvat not practice after leaving last night's game with an illness.  Batchelor also has Dickinson twice instead of Richardson.

Yes those Batchelor's don't always type things out right.   Mistakes happen. 

Just now, higgyfan said:

Hope Miller is ok...I really don't think I could handle seeing Dixie playing C at all, let alone on

2 separate lines!

Podz - Lammy - Chia

?     Dixke      Locks

Miller is at practice it was Horvat who’s absent.

Those lines were wrong.