The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Boudreau coming back?

Rate this topic

Canuckfanforlife82

36 minutes ago, IRR said:

Who knows for sure what those details are, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there is some discussion around not being left hanging without a contract extension late into the season (as long as things are going well / they’re winning). 

Bruce might want to be back, but after hearing JR’s comments, is he want back by management?  

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, IRR said:

Who knows for sure what those details are, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there is some discussion around not being left hanging without a contract extension late into the season (as long as things are going well / they’re winning). 

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Maybe, but I'd be more inclined to think it's about expectations and benchmarks for meeting those expectations.  My assumption is that if he feels the expectations and benchmarks are unreasonable or too difficult for him to achieve based on the roster he's got to work with, that he'll start looking at other opportunities.

Really though, I think all those people :frantic::frantic::frantic:'ing are just making Mt. Everests out of bird poop.  Bruce is a pro, and I would expect that he'd handle this professionally, much like how management has so far.

could also be about his coaching staff, whether wanting to make sure they'll stay intact or make specific changes. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Maybe, but I'd be more inclined to think it's about expectations and benchmarks for meeting those expectations.  My assumption is that if he feels the expectations and benchmarks are unreasonable or too difficult for him to achieve based on the roster he's got to work with, that he'll start looking at other opportunities.

Really though, I think all those people :frantic::frantic::frantic:'ing are just making Mt. Everests out of bird poop.  Bruce is a pro, and I would expect that he'd handle this professionally, much like how management has so far.

That could be as well! I’m sure they handle it like professionals and it’ll all get sorted. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Good point.  Half of the coaching staff were leftovers from the Green regime.  I would agree that there's a good chance it's about who he wants to swap in/out for his own coaching regime.

assuming scott walker is good to go, I could see them pitching both shaw and king and bringing in one guy to replace them both. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tas said:

assuming scott walker is good to go, I could see them pitching both shaw and king and bringing in one guy to replace them both. 

Maybe Shaw is a guy management wants for structure, and Walker is getting the axe with King?  

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Bruce might want to be back, but after hearing JR’s comments, is he want back by management?  

“That’s certainly not to say we wouldn’t want to have him back beyond next year. If he continues to do a good job, we’d love to have him back,” - Jim Rutherford

Key word for me is "continues". 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe Shaw is a guy management wants for structure, and Walker is getting the axe with King?  

I think that would be a dealbreaker for bruce. I remember him describing his conversation with walker about going to vancouver where bruce said that he told scott he needed him to come with him. probably a package deal. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Other teams would need permission would they not?

Hes not technically a free agent yet.

So what’s the point of that quote then about Boudreau not talking to any other teams if he’s not allowed to?  

I think Bruce’s agent is talking to other teams.  

Just now, Alflives said:

So what’s the point of that quote then about Boudreau not talking to any other teams if he’s not allowed to?  

I think Bruce’s agent is talking to other teams.  

I mean if the team wants him back and he wants to be back I don’t see the point.

He can gamble and take a multi year with a team like Philly who might continue to be a bottom feeder.

Or he can stay here with a team he knows can win and earn himself a multi year after next season.

Just now, DeNiro said:

I mean if the team wants him back and he wants to be back I don’t see the point.

He can gamble and take a multi year with a team like Philly who might continue to be a bottom feeder.

Or he can stay here with a team he knows can win and earn himself a multi year after next season.

And if we trade Miller, Myers, and Garland for futures?  JR has said we will take a step back.  Bruce might be better off with a 3 year deal on another club.  

What I don’t get is JR’s insistence to only give Bruce one year.  Wouldn’t an other coach he hires get at least three years?

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

And if we trade Miller, Myers, and Garland for futures?  JR has said we will take a step back.  Bruce might be better off with a 3 year deal on another club.  

What I don’t get is JR’s insistence to only give Bruce one year.  Wouldn’t an other coach he hires get at least three years?

Well he got two years, next season being an option.

I don’t see the problem. Yes the team went on a very impressive run but he needs to have them do it for a full season.

He’ll earn an extension if the team continues to play the way they did.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Well he got two years, next season being an option.

I don’t see the problem. Yes the team went on a very impressive run but he needs to have them do it for a full season.

He’ll earn an extension if the team continues to play the way they did.

With no Miller, Myers, and Garland how good will we be?  Bruce might have a lineup that is set up for a top five pick.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

With no Miller, Myers, and Garland how good will we be?  Bruce might have a lineup that is set up for a top five pick.  

I doubt he trades all three.

Only one will likely be traded 

17 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I doubt he trades all three.

Only one will likely be traded 

Even if we did we’d probably be going after big names in free agency with that much freed up cap or the trade market with the assets we’d gain anyway. 

I wouldn’t expect them to trade all those players and not have plans of replacement. They haven’t really expressed interest in rebuilding. 

• Cheers 1