The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ilya Mikayev

Haven't watched him much but I like the size and numbers he's put up so far. The problem for Vancouver will be money. The only way I see Toronto moving on from Mikheyev is if he asks for a large salary increase. If that happens, I think that takes Van out of the running as well. 

Do you see him playing a similar role to what Motte was prior to the TDL? If that's the case remember that reports indicated Motte's next contract ask was the issue and a big reason for the trade. If they weren't willing to pay Motte that much to play on the third line and kill penalties they likely won't for Mikheyev either. 

I read a leafs article about how they won't be able to afford him if he wants 3.5 and up next year. If we sold off Brock I'd be down for it. Brings a real speed element which management seems to like, we also seem to lack it. 

Makes sense so probably won't happen lol.

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

I read a leafs article about how they won't be able to afford him if he wants 3.5 and up next year. If we sold off Brock I'd be down for it. Brings a real speed element which management seems to like, we also seem to lack it. 

Makes sense so probably won't happen lol.

He also requested a trade at the end of last season.

Would be stoked on Miki. He's going to absolutely breakout wherever he plays next year.