The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | April/May (24-01) 2022

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, mll said:

High ankle sprain per Alex Daugherty of AtoZSports.  Friedman quoted him in his 32 Thoughts' podcast and believes that's indeed the injury.  Friedman not willing to give a timeline but says it doesn't look good.  

Pretty much a guaranteed series win for Calgary if Saros is out.

Would be hilarious if Rittich the former flame beat Markstrom though!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Pretty much a guaranteed series win for Calgary if Saros is out.

Would be hilarious if Rittich the former flame beat Markstrom though!

I actually think NAS is a pretty bad fit for CAL. They should win anyway, regardless of Saros, but I think Forsberg and especially Josi will be dominant. CAL has no players on that level. Still think CAL will win unfortunately but it won't be easy. 

• Cheers 1

Going to the Kraken game tonight!  And as part of Fan Appreciation Night and as one of the appreciations - fans can buy a signed mystery puck for $40!  How generous, and hmmm, thoughtful with that $40 price tag... That and with the almost $20 for a can of wine.

But in all serious, I really enjoy eating at Dick's Drive In before the game, and I do enjoy drinking wine, even though the cost is insane. 

The Predators were leading 4-0 and now the Coyotes score three unanswered goals to make it 4-3.

Predators basically decide to choose their first round opponent between the Avalanche and the Flames. Maybe they changed their mind and want to play the Avalanche instead of the Flames?

Oh yes!  The Kraken won!  That’s great!  Everything is so great!  The Kraken won - the section I was in won a gift card, and we all won (the whole arena) Kraken shirts.  I asked if they had XS or XXS, and they only had large and XL.  Well I will wear it as a night shirt.  That was a nice game.  Even though I did not renew my membership, I will attend when the Habs and Canucks play.