The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[CDF] Colorado Avalanche (C1) vs. St. Louis Blues (C3) | Avalanche win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Avalanche in 4
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Blues in 4
    • Blues in 5
    • Blues in 6
    • Blues in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/20/2022 at 01:30 AM

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

ROR is one of the top centres in the league.  Bo is good, but not even close to that level.  Petey is more like ROR level. 

Petey's sneaky good defensively, I'll give you that, be fun to see what level he peaks at 

And yeah, Bo ain't, which isn't dunking on Bo so much as giving ROR props as he's a helluva player 

He's the kind of center you win with, and a big part of why the Blues actually won 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

Petey's sneaky good defensively, I'll give you that, be fun to see what level he peaks at 

And yeah, Bo ain't, which isn't dunking on Bo so much as giving ROR props as he's a helluva player 

He's the kind of center you win with, and a big part of why the Blues actually won 

And then there’s McKinnon.  He’s on another planet.  McDavid is great, But McKinnon brings even more.  

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Said it before but I really do smell a Avs vs Canes  cup final. 

I could see it, I don't think Tampa makes it to a third final

I reckon Colorado would roll over Carolina though 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Said it before but I really do smell a Avs vs Canes  cup final. 

Bit too soon to tell. TB still looks good.

Winner of Avs/Blues should make SCF though.  AB teams are not good enough. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Has it ever been in question who wins this series?  

I think you're selling St. Louis a bit short, they boast some great forward depth and play a plucky game, if they get the next one it's anyone's series imo

I think the Avs win but a Blues upset wouldn't be shocking 

Edited by Coconuts

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I think you're selling St. Louis a bit short, they boast some great forward depth and play a plucky game, if they get the next one it's anyone's series imo 

Avs swept the Blues last playoffs.  I think the Blues did well to win a game.  Yes, they are “plucky” but they can’t compete with the Avs’ speed, skill, and depth of talent.  Blues would need Avs’ goaltending to do a full Marky to have any chance.  

Edited by Alflives

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [CDF] Colorado Avalanche (C1) vs. St. Louis Blues (C3) | Avalanche lead series 2-1
2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Avs swept the Blues last playoffs.  I think the Blues did well to win a game.  Yes, they are “plucky” but they can’t compete with the Avs’ speed, skill, and depth of talent.  Blues would need Avs’ goaltending to do a full Marky to have any chance.  

Sure, but last year doesn't matter, the Blues lead the league with nine forwards who've scored 20 goals or more

Avs also lost Girard, which could be a factor going forward 

If the Blues can win the special teams battle next game and pot a few goals that could be enough to tie things up 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Sure, but last year doesn't matter, the Blues lead the league with nine forwards who've scored 20 goals or more

Avs also lost Girard, which could be a factor going forward 

If the Blues can win the special teams battle next game and pot a few goals that could be enough to tie things up 

I hope you’re right.  I hate the Avs.  (Okay, I hate all teams not us, but I hate the Avs more than most) 

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I hope you’re right.  I hate the Avs.  (Okay, I hate all teams not us, but I hate the Avs more than most) 

I'm fine with either team, but it'd be neat to see Mac play for a cup 

I'm just not willing to disregard what the Blues have done or what they bring to the table simply because the Avs are the favourite

St. Louis, at the very least, is still more than enough for Edmonton

St. Louis vs Calgary would be a fun series to watch