The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[CDF] Colorado Avalanche (C1) vs. St. Louis Blues (C3) | Avalanche win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Avalanche in 4
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Blues in 4
    • Blues in 5
    • Blues in 6
    • Blues in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/20/2022 at 01:30 AM

4 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Brutal

Physics.  Big guy going fast squishing small guy against solid wall.  Big guy will be fine.  Wall will be fine.  Bad news for little guy.  Hockey, when seen at ice level, can be brutal.  Just shows how amazingly tough the little guys are who make it to the NHL.  They get pounded at all levels by much bigger guys, and still they keep getting up and fighting on.  

This level of collision is why parents (rightfully) created levels of hockey where there is no body checking, so the smaller kids can play and not get killed.  Women’s hockey has a no body checking rule to protect the very small girls from the collisions that would result in serious injury if they collided with the heavy girls.  

That hit, when seen from ice level in that view, was incredibly violent.  Girard is lucky he’s not dead.  

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Physics.  Big guy going fast squishing small guy against solid wall.  Big guy will be fine.  Wall will be fine.  Bad news for little guy.  Hockey, when seen at ice level, can be brutal.  Just shows how amazingly tough the little guys are who make it to the NHL.  They get pounded at all levels by much bigger guys, and still they keep getting up and fighting on.  

This level of collision is why parents (rightfully) created levels of hockey where there is no body checking, so the smaller kids can play and not get killed.  Women’s hockey has a no body checking rule to protect the very small girls from the collisions that would result in serious injury if they collided with the heavy girls.  

That hit, when seen from ice level in that view, was incredibly violent.  Girard is lucky he’s not dead.  

What's make it worse for kids is that a lot of them are still short so when they get hit, their heads don't hit the glass which has a give but instead the bottom portion of the boards which doesn't have as much give.

• Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Petey's sneaky good defensively, I'll give you that, be fun to see what level he peaks at 

And yeah, Bo ain't, which isn't dunking on Bo so much as giving ROR props as he's a helluva player 

He's the kind of center you win with, and a big part of why the Blues actually won 

I would argue that Bubble Bo was pretty good and was a major reason why ROR and his Blues were beaten by the Canucks. If Bo can only be Bubble Bo most of the time, he'll be pretty special.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

I would argue that Bubble Bo was pretty good and was a major reason why ROR and his Blues were beaten by the Canucks. If Bo can only be Bubble Bo most of the time, he'll be pretty special.

Eh, the biggest reason the Blues lost that series was goaltending. Had they gone with Allen instead there's a good chance we'd have lost. Not taking away from Bo's performance, but Binnington was awful. 

You could say the same thing about any player who goes on a tear, but it's only a handful of players around the league who can sustain that sort of thing all season long. 

Edited by Coconuts

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Eh, the biggest reason the Blues lost that series was goaltending. Had they gone with Allen instead there's a good chance we'd have lost. Not taking away from Bo's performance, but Binnington was awful. 

You could say the same thing about any player who goes on a tear, but it's only a handful of players around the league who can sustain that sort of thing all season long. 

We can agree to disagree. Bubble Bo was pretty good on both ends of the ice throughout that playoff run. If you can, re-watch his matchups against ROR and let me know who won it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

We can agree to disagree. Bubble Bo was pretty good on both ends of the ice throughout that playoff run. If you can, re-watch his matchups against ROR and let me know who won it.

Nah, I'm not invested in this enough to go watching footage from a few years ago. He was good though, certainly, but Binnington being awful is what sunk the Blues. 

Some Canucks fans make him out to be a defensive force when most of the time he's simply adequate defensively, what he's great at is faceoffs which contributes to folks overestimating his actual defensive play. He eats up a ton of faceoffs for this team, in part because he's our best faceoff guy but also because without a Sutter or Beagle around this past season there wasn't really anyone else to step into that role. If this team wants to get the most out of Horvat they need to take a hard look at finding someone who can take more of those matchup minutes away from him, the Lammikko line came around as the season went on but we reaaaally missed a more prototypical third or fourth line center to start the season. 

I'm not slamming Bo, he's just not the Selke kind of forward some folks seem to think he is. 

8 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Nah, I'm not invested in this enough to go watching footage from a few years ago. He was good though, certainly, but Binnington being awful is what sunk the Blues. 

Some Canucks fans make him out to be a defensive force when most of the time he's simply adequate defensively, what he's great at is faceoffs which contributes to folks overestimating his actual defensive play. He eats up a ton of faceoffs for this team, in part because he's our best faceoff guy but also because without a Sutter or Beagle around this past season there wasn't really anyone else to step into that role. If this team wants to get the most out of Horvat they need to take a hard look at finding someone who can take more of those matchup minutes away from him, the Lammikko line came around as the season went on but we reaaaally missed a more prototypical third or fourth line center to start the season. 

I'm not slamming Bo, he's just not the Selke kind of forward some folks seem to think he is. 

Again, for that last one, Bubble Bo looked like Selke material, imho.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

BO's numbers are as good as ROR's numbers for their age.  ROR's numbers didn't get better until after he was traded to St. Louis.  I think BO can be that 70 point player as well under Boudreau and, like you said, if we can get a proper 3C who can take up the defensive matchups.

That's why I like a guy like Nicolas Roy.  Big and strong RH 3C who can put up 40+ points.  He'd be much better for this team than another smallish player like Alex Newhook, which people are proposing to trade Miller for.

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

BO's numbers are as good as ROR's numbers for their age.  ROR's numbers didn't get better until after he was traded to St. Louis.  I think BO can be that 70 point player as well under Boudreau and, like you said, if we can get a proper 3C who can take up the defensive matchups.

That's why I like a guy like Nicolas Roy.  Big and strong RH 3C who can put up 40+ points.  He'd be much better for this team than another smallish player like Alex Newhook, which people are proposing to trade Miller for.

If they insulate and utilize him in a more offensive role, I agree. But I still see ROR as the superior player defensively.

The key is freeing up cap so as to try and do said insulating, it'll be interesting to see how we go about that as a capped out team. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rubik said:

binnington, throwing stuff like a girl

he is a whiner, but Kadri knew exactly what he was doing on that play too. Funny how these plays seem to happen around him. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, JM_ said:

he is a whiner, but Kadri knew exactly what he was doing on that play too. Funny how these plays seem to happen around him. 

but you don't throw water bottles at him while he's giving an interview... either challenge him on the ice or in a parking lot :lol:

Edited by Rubik
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I heard the Blues were partying.