The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Tales (Game Over - Mafia Win!)

Rate this topic

Just now, Ilunga said:

Is what Aladeen stating about the sheriff's role totally correct ?

how many nights have there been? 3? plus sheriff claiming they did in fact have night zero confirmation on j-23?

it is, of course, possible that he is lying about being sheriff and using the early vote on j23 to cover an error, but also on day 1 even with knowledge on who is wolf you probably dont want to out yourself b/c you'll just catch that n1 bullet real quick

*I* am inclined to believe the sheriff claim since nobody else has claimed it and if aladeen is merman it is in his best interests to get the last mafia out quickly

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Porscha said:

have you considered that a 3rd party has a tad bit more knowledge than the average townie and perhaps may use that to their advantage to *sound* like town?

like if a mafia tracker finds a serial killer... that doesn't make the mafia tracker a confirmed town. it's just a great way for the mafia to act like they are confirmed town or ride that wave since they found another evil. etc

No I haven't.

As I have stated I a really new to this game. 

• Like 2

sorry i'm a little drunk on accident

I really meant to say, if aladeen is merman it is in his best interests to get out a sheriff ASAP and if he thinks it's a fake sheriff claim who is mafia, he also would likely not wait until this next night to try and get them voted out (saves him a kill he may need to do on whoever he thinks is last mafia)

• Like 2

okay there are 6 of us left.

if a town goes over via vote today, that's 5

2 kills happen at night - if both kills do not hit each evil, that leaves 1 merman (maybe? assuming it doesnt spread like cult? who knows tho, not me. althooouugghh traditionally you cannot convert AND kill same night... so unlikely another merman in the mix. thought not impossible.) and 1 maf and 1 town. 

if mafia/merman goes over via vote today, that's 5

1 kill happens at night, that leaves 3 town 1 merman/mafia, but merman be harder to find than a mafia since Master Radishes went over so early there is little to associate with him, which isn't quite the same as falcon... however iirc, falcon wasn't talking a whole lot the day before he died and was maybe going into anti-spew mode to avoid his teammate immediately getting found out

• Like 2

I guess.............. depending on the type of player the mafia and merman are.......... they may prefer to keep the other killer alive for now to force the townie and other evil to try and make the vote that counts next day, but that is much more RNG

if this evil player likes more *control* they will want the other evil player voted out ASAP so they don't have to risk getting night killed by other killer and from there can attempt to control the threadstate

I think I see that ^ secondary scenario from aladeen more than anyone and that's why my vote is where it is

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Porscha said:

aladeen what say you regarding your merman heritage accusations 

If I was mermaid I would have killed J23 for sure, it was the right play for them at the time. I thought almost for sure he was scum and so did the mermaid. 

Falcon I wouldn’t have chosen, I would have gone with either LL or TL as they were unlikely to be town voted IMO. 

I feel the mermaid is someone who sussed Falc earlier in the game. I thought it was DM up until he claimed sheriff.

• Like 1

dcf5c51e8f19fec32e4324a115e91a3c.jpg

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Tales

4th Nightfall Report

Lynch:
The pirates had explored almost all of Isla Cruces within 48 hours...at the 49th, Captain Jack was alerted by his crew of a mysterious waterfall that draped over a gave shaped like a skull. The Captain's compass began to glow bright yellow...never seen before. This had to be it! The pirates ventured in and discovered a vast corridor of rock maze...if the pirates wanted the treasure, they would have to solve their way through the cave... @DarthMelvin took charge and led from the front with torch and sword in hand. They navigated through the cave, finding nothing stopping their path. Suddenly they came to a skull shaped Door. The Stinkin Pirates had done it! They had found the treasure! DM open the door and charged in! THIS WAS IT......except the room was empty. Only a note was left in the bottle of a Barefoot Mango Moscato. The captain chugged the bottle dry, and opened the note...."To the Dark Lord, I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destory it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that..." WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS THIS!!! - The pirates were pissed! In a fit of rage, they beat the cr@p out of their former Captain and sealed him in the skull tomb...left to die and never be found until National Treasure 3.

DarthMelvin was lynched! He was:

Spoiler

giphy.gif
Captain Jack Sparrow (Sheriff)

Mafia Kill:
After the remaining stinkin pirates had navigated out of Skull Cave, they regathered themselves onboard the Pearl and set sea. Not wanting to leave empty handed, the new Stinkin Pirate captain, @Time Lord decided to plot a raid. He declared they would invade the first city/village they saw on their voyage. Sure enough, smoke was seen on a small island was spotted and a siege was planned! Wanting to prove himself, TL volunteered himself to scout out the island himself and see what was awaiting them...as he approached closer to the smoke...the smell in the air began to dead and stale. Then he could not believe his eyes...TL had stumbled upon the Skeleton Crew roasting their latest capture, Jamaican Bobsledders, over the fire and beginning a feast. He tried to get out and warn the crew, but slipped and stumbled down the hill. In the mood for more food and not counting calories, the Skeleton Crew captured him and added the Time Lord to their meal.

Time Lord was killed by the mafia! He was:

Spoiler

A Stinkin Pirate (Town)

Mermaid Attack:
The remaining pirate crew had made it back to Tortuga. Upset and low in numbers after the long journey, they all dispersed and went about their ways. @Porscha decided to waste the night and decided to make way to the The Parrot Bar, where she was a regular patron and known for holding the record for most Kamikazes drank in 1 night. In the mood to gamble, she decided to challenge the bar to a Kamikaze drinking contest. After 16 kamis, Porscha slept 1 Eye Joe as the last patron standing up and collected her winnings! Unfortunately she was blacked out by 13 and only stayed up by sheer will to win. The drunk pirate stumbled on home, only to stumble over her own footing and into the unfinished pool of Captain Jack's beach front home. Porscha tried to swim out, but suddenly was pulled by her leg! She looked back...it was the most beautiful mermaid she had ever seen. They exchanged smiles...Porscha then decided to trust this mermaid and let her do whatever she wanted...she pulled under and swept away...never to be seen again.
tumblr_n6aet4zO161qaho1po1_500.gifv

Porscha was killed by a mermaid! She was:

Spoiler

A Stinkin Pirate (Town)

Player List:

6. @Ilunga

9. @Aladeen

10. @Tanev

R1 lynch: Snake Doctor 

R1 MK: Master Radishes
R2 lynch: Sharpshooter
R2 MK: AV

R2 SK: J23

R3 lynch: NIK
R3 MK: LL

R3 SK: Falcon

R4 lynch: DM

R4 MK: TL

R4 SK: Porscha

DO NOT POST YET...

Edited by Blue Jay 22
colors
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

dcf5c51e8f19fec32e4324a115e91a3c.jpg

Attention Players:

R5 Begins Now. This will be the last round of the game, aka LYLO. Locked Votes can now be used. Once you lock your vote remember, that's it. R5 will either last 24 hours or when all players have locked their vote. After that, the game will end.

Good luck!

Player List:

6. @Ilunga

9. @Aladeen

10. @Tanev

• Like 2

When MR died I got converted into SK just like LL figured out.

I chose J23 cause I knew he was scum.

Then I chose Falcon too cause MR said in the beginning that he was going to kill him for fun.

my only miss was on porscha but I thought he was for sure the last mafia. 

Please help me as town can’t win anymore and I felt like I was working for the town the whole game up.

• Like 1