The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Gaudette UFA

9 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

26 in October, someone will probably take a flier on him. Definitely won't be us. He has been absolutely doo-doo in the faceoff dot. Defensively he's a traffic cone. And physically he gets pushed around by girl scouts. Who are not to be trifled with, just pay for the cookies. Not gonna lie, he seems like a flake. He could be a reliable 3rd line guy if he was a bit more dedicated to the game and had a better head on his shoulders. Not going for an "I told you so" but something about him always felt off to me.

Meh, I will be less politically correct. That video of him at a wedding, shirt off, bare feet, those stupid half short-half pants on, kicking. He's a flake, lol. He will be playing in Europe soon enough.

• Cheers 1

On 7/4/2022 at 2:06 AM, iinatcc said:

I think him getting covid first is known to everyone the question is if he broke protocol and there's not enough concrete sources to support this

His wife did. She literally admitted it in the podcast. There was no shame at all.

• Vintage 1

On 7/4/2022 at 2:06 AM, iinatcc said:

I think him getting covid first is known to everyone the question is if he broke protocol and there's not enough concrete sources to support this

He did.  Ppl saw him and his bimbo wife frolicking all over whistler. 

So basically my takeaway is it's his wife (not Gaudete) and "word from the street" type stuff. ok 

Yes I am still scratching my head why isn't this a bigger story ? Seems like at the time all the info came from were speculative sources.

Edited by iinatcc

24 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

So basically my takeaway is it's his wife (not Gaudete) and "word from the street" type stuff. ok 

Yes I am still scratching my head why isn't this a bigger story ? Seems like at the time all the info came from were speculative sources.

It was a big story and thats why he got tossed.  

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

It was a big story. 

His wife played stupid and said she had no idea where Adam and she could've gotten covid when they stayed in most of the time. Then said they went out twice in the week. Also admitted that they weren't as serious the year before. She said that she feels bad for Adam cuz people on social media are saying negative things about him. 

For me, i feel like Adam is only defending his wife's action. I mean he can't say, yeah I'm all good but my wife likes to go out and party blah blah etc. While she feels bad for him cuz she's the reason he got covid. 

As for all the hearsays, some can be faked but the most notable ones are that she posted Instagram or whatever to show proof they weren't staying home all the time like she mentioned. It was only after people called her out on bs and she deleted it got worse.

Another thing is that bo horvat and some players were not too happy with gaudette. Sure it could just be rumors too, but they never wished him anything after departure, while they did for other players that did leave. Horvat suffered a lot because he literally had to live in the basement and worried his ass off for his newborn and wife, while only using their phone to communicate. Sutter's nhl career seems done, at least it is severe enough for him to take the entire season off. Myers was another. All the "leader" guys suffered. I just feel if horvat had enough class and leadership to say good bye to his ex teammates, he would've done it for gaudette too instead of removing him from social media altogether and have nothing mentioned of him. Clearly something happened in the closed doors. 

Canucks also could've waited to trade gaudette, but the trade felt very rushed at the time. They traded him at his lowest value. It felt rushed like, it needed to happen asap. There was rumors that he wanted top 6 minutes and wanted out early on in the season, if that was true perhaps the team would've traded him when his value was higher before the season began.