The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Sharks fire head coach Bob Boughner

Rate this topic

mll

59 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Wait - "this late in the offseason"?  It just started last week for a couple of teams, for cryin' out loud!  And there's still 3 months before they drop the puck on the next season!  Late my &^@#ing @ss... :picard:

To earn a head coaching position.  Right now there's no more coaching vacancy other than the team that just fired him.  All these teams went through an interview process to find their new head coach.  He's now left without the opportunity to earn a chair.

Florida.

Chicago.

Detroit.

Philadelphia.

Dallas.

Vegas.

Boston.

Winnipeg.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, mll said:

To earn a head coaching position.  Right now there's no more coaching vacancy other than the team that just fired him.  All these teams went through an interview process to find their new head coach.  He's now left without the opportunity to earn a chair.

Florida.

Chicago.

Detroit.

Philadelphia.

Dallas.

Vegas.

Boston.

Winnipeg.

Excellent post. three weeks ago, there were lots of head coaching jobs to fill. There are no other jobs left. So who goes to San Jose? Candidates: Travis Green, Claude Julien, Alain Vigneault, Rick Tocchet, and long shots Joel Quenneville and Mike Babcock. Oh, and Barry Trotz is out there sitting in the weeds, watching, waiting and ready.

7 hours ago, Muttley said:

Travis Green's eyes light up and he figures; Yes! If I could coach SJ, it would be a huge advantage for them cause I know the Vancouver Canucks so well. :lol:..:picard:

Watch Green get hired and go 6-0 vs Vancouver next year 

That's really messed up timing - for reasons already stated.

Besides that, does anyone think that with a new coach, the Sharks will instantly become competitive again? I appreciate that building a culture takes time and the right personnel in management positions is important, but without a lot of good coaches still available and without a major overhaul to the team, I don't really see the point of this.