The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Ok, let's get going with this.

TRADE #1

To NJD:

JT Miller

To VAN:

Jesper Bratt

Shakir Mukhamadullin

NJD still have a lot of cap space, and are ready to take the next step (similar to the Sens).  They added Palat, but could definitely use some more veteran offensive punch from JT Miller.

Bratt is an RFA at the moment and needs to be re-signed, likely in the $6M+ range on a long term deal (did I mention he's a swede?).  Mukhamadullin is now expendable after picking up Nemec 2OA this year, so the Canucks get a very good RHD prospect to move forward with.

TRADE #2

To PIT:

Conor Garland

To VAN:

John Marino

Similar cap hits going both ways.  Both players on cap friendly deals.  PIT is looking for that offensive winger, Canucks are looking for that defensive RHD. 

Canucks sign a 3C from UFA -- Tierney? Rask? Aston Reese? etc.  I like Rask... 50% on the F/O dot, but offensively capable too.

Bratt-Petey-Boeser

Kuzmenko-Bo-Podkolzin

Pearson-Rask-Mikheyev

Dickinson-Lazar-Lockwood

Hoglander? (probably needs to be traded unless Pearson or Dickinson can be moved)

Hughes-Marino

OEL-Myers

Dermott-Schenn

Mukhamadullin

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I would love the first trade but I highly doubt Devils would do it. Personally I’d see if they’re willing to part with Severson who’s an upcoming UFA and send them Myers with retention as a stop gap for Nemec. As long as we are able to work an extension with Severson beforehand. 

Muk is a LD too. 

Pittsburgh is deep at LD so might be a hard swing to trade their 2nd RD. Fair trade I think nonetheless. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I would love the first trade but I highly doubt Devils would do it. Personally I’d see if they’re willing to part with Severson who’s an upcoming UFA and send them Myers with retention as a stop gap for Nemec. As long as we are able to work an extension with Severson beforehand. 

Muk is a LD too. 

Probably have to add Poolman to Pittsburgh trade. They’d need a RD back.  They’d probably have to send a FWD back for cap to work. 

Do we even know if he'll ever play again?

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Do we even know if he'll ever play again?

If I recall correctly I remember reading a report saying management liked him after the season ended. 

I am not up to date on his health though and I updated that post to take out the Poolman part out of it prior to your response. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Doubt NJD has any interest in swapping Bratt for Miller, especially if they need to add.

And unlike other teams NJD probably doesn't care that Miller can play center given they already have their top-6 C's.

They’d probably stick him with Hughes and have him take draws. Similar to how Miller does with Petey when they’re on the same line. Probably take draws on PP/PK too. 

They wouldn’t trade a Bratt though. Could probably swing Mercer(who can play and is on ELC for 2 years)++++ which could allow us to move Garland for a d-man. 

I would try for Severson though as the main piece with an extension in place. Send them Myers as the 2nd pair stop gap till Nemec steps up. 

If you’re able to trade Garland for someone like Marino then our top 4 wouldn’t look to shabby then. 

9 hours ago, HKSR said:

TRADE #1

To NJD:

JT Miller

To VAN:

Jesper Bratt

Shakir Mukhamadullin

NJD still have a lot of cap space, and are ready to take the next step (similar to the Sens).  They added Palat, but could definitely use some more veteran offensive punch from JT Miller.

Bratt is an RFA at the moment and needs to be re-signed, likely in the $6M+ range on a long term deal (did I mention he's a swede?).  Mukhamadullin is now expendable after picking up Nemec 2OA this year, so the Canucks get a very good RHD prospect to move forward with.

TRADE #2

To PIT:

Conor Garland

To VAN:

John Marino

Similar cap hits going both ways.  Both players on cap friendly deals.  PIT is looking for that offensive winger, Canucks are looking for that defensive RHD. 

Canucks sign a 3C from UFA -- Tierney? Rask? Aston Reese? etc.  I like Rask... 50% on the F/O dot, but offensively capable too.

Bratt-Petey-Boeser

Kuzmenko-Bo-Podkolzin

Pearson-Rask-Mikheyev

Dickinson-Lazar-Lockwood

Hoglander? (probably needs to be traded unless Pearson or Dickinson can be moved)

Hughes-Marino

OEL-Myers

Dermott-Schenn

Mukhamadullin

Shakir is LHD I don’t know if he plays right side tho I know on PP He can for one timers 

and I would do that trade for sure if Brat contract would be reasonable since we tying up a lot of money in wingers so we’d have cap issues I think